2020 UConn Commit #3 - Jonathan Sénécal (Montreal Canada) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit #3 - Jonathan Sénécal (Montreal Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Simple reading. Then Google

Montreal + Toronto ain’t like kids arriving from Munich now. Football is a big deal & they have athletes.

This coach Danny Macioca actually was BOTH the Head Coach of Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL and the General Manager. You could tell by the way the quote was presented that it was a big context for the Montreal paper.

I forgot one thing - however - the quote was in French.

Still. The odd Canadian turns out to really know Quarterbacks. Back to Senecal

To be clear, you have no idea who is/was a great Canadian QB. Got it

Reaction Score
To be clear, you have no idea who is/was a great Canadian QB. Got it

Time out ...

A guy who has had to evaluate TOP QBs since 1998 going to the Canadian professional football league - the CFL; a guy who coached at their highest level Head Coach of the Edmonton Eskimos - and then made decisions on PRO players as General Manager of the Professional Team (including the top Americans slated to come to Canada including QBs and then - in a very specific need - the best of Canada; and then became a college coach at a major public University (University of Montreal) playing in their top league since 2011 ... says ... Jonathan Senecal is the best he has seen in 15- 20 years.

I know the UCONN fan base is as curmudgeonly as they come and the 1-11 Joe Bfstylk amongst us wants to bring us all down to mineshaft level. It is June. There are reasons to think UCONN football can climb. And dismissing a kid because he is Canadian - I get that (other than the FACT that we have had great success at the Canadian recruiting over 15 years).

This is a legitimate guy -Macocia - who has seen every Canadian QB for decades. So keep on with your putrid pessimism.

Reaction Score
Albuquerque. Pizza. John Wayne. See, we can both play this game.

I did not say anything negative about the recruit, not one dismissive comment. I did not say anything about going 1-11 with this kid on the roster or that we can't climb. I did not dismiss a kid because of his heritage. You made that up, like you do with most all of your arguments - because when facts escape you, you just throw sh1+ out there.

ONE MORE TIME - SLOWLY - Who were the top QBs from Canada? Folks, at least 2 of us, were asking a simple question BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW. If you don't know, don't throw out useless stats (Canada is big), just say so. If I said Recruit X was the best DE to ever come out of France, would it not be reasonable to ask who the next 4 or 5 were to have a benchmark?

Reaction Score
Albuquerque. Pizza. John Wayne. See, we can both play this game.

I did not say anything negative about the recruit, not one dismissive comment. I did not say anything about going 1-11 with this kid on the roster or that we can't climb. I did not dismiss a kid because of his heritage. You made that up, like you do with most all of your arguments - because when facts escape you, you just throw sh1+ out there.

ONE MORE TIME - SLOWLY - Who were the top QBs from Canada? Folks, at least 2 of us, were asking a simple question BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW. If you don't know, don't throw out useless stats (Canada is big), just say so. If I said Recruit X was the best DE to ever come out of France, would it not be reasonable to ask who the next 4 or 5 were to have a benchmark?
Dan Lefevor for Central Michigan was a good one. The list i can't imagine is a good one.

I agree with you. Without the Canadian coach, saying I've seen A, B, ,C, come through here and this kid is better than all of them, it just sounds like coachspeak.

Reaction Score
Time out ...

A guy who has had to evaluate TOP QBs since 1998 going to the Canadian professional football league - the CFL; a guy who coached at their highest level Head Coach of the Edmonton Eskimos - and then made decisions on PRO players as General Manager of the Professional Team (including the top Americans slated to come to Canada including QBs and then - in a very specific need - the best of Canada; and then became a college coach at a major public University (University of Montreal) playing in their top league since 2011

Only thing missing is "He's a Broyles Award winner. He knows the right kind of guys to play at this level."

Reaction Score
BS

What if ...

The evaluator was Dino Babers or Chip Kelly>? You cannot be that dense to think a Coach (not a dude who just made it up) - of course, that also implies a Major Montreal (BIG CITY NEWSPAPER) paper reached out to someone to give it context. A Guy who had to evaluate Major QB talent for a Pro league. The CFL is a demanding league - may even be a level of football higher than most of the FBS - who gets its QBs from the top college ranks. AND ... Canadian kids are special and are bonuses in that league because they have a Native content cap. This coach is looking at QBs at a high level every year since 1998.

If you want to piss & moan ... go ahead. But, that quote in the Major MONTREAL newspaper is not thrown around randomly. This ain't the Journal Inquirer of Manchester CT.

I get it. YOU want to be the negative nabobs ... (yup Spiro Agnew on you) ...

There's no way Rivals can give him a 2 star with 5.3 for any other reason than its UConn and he's Canadian. If he was Syracuse - he's 5.6 easy. And Jesse Palmer? That is simply not very astute. How many kids have now come south and played major roles in College Football & Canada now (almost all Eastern CANADA). I am going to opine - more than CT and more than MA.

Reaction Score
Dan Lefevor for Central Michigan was a good one. The list i can't imagine is a good one.

I agree with you. Without the Canadian coach, saying I've seen A, B, ,C, come through here and this kid is better than all of them, it just sounds like coachspeak.

Mark Rypien was the best ever. Not a very good list - of course. shrug ...

Reaction Score
BS

What if ...

The evaluator was Dino Babers or Chip Kelly>? You cannot be that dense to think a Coach (not a dude who just made it up) - of course, that also implies a Major Montreal (BIG CITY NEWSPAPER) paper reached out to someone to give it context. A Guy who had to evaluate Major QB talent for a Pro league. The CFL is a demanding league - may even be a level of football higher than most of the FBS - who gets its QBs from the top college ranks. AND ... Canadian kids are special and are bonuses in that league because they have a Native content cap. This coach is looking at QBs at a high level every year since 1998.

If you want to piss & moan ... go ahead. But, that quote in the Major MONTREAL newspaper is not thrown around randomly. This ain't the Journal Inquirer of Manchester CT.

I get it. YOU want to be the negative nabobs ... (yup Spiro Agnew on you) ...

There's no way Rivals can give him a 2 star with 5.3 for any other reason than its UConn and he's Canadian. If he was Syracuse - he's 5.6 easy. And Jesse Palmer? That is simply not very astute. How many kids have now come south and played major roles in College Football & Canada now (almost all Eastern CANADA). I am going to opine - more than CT and more than MA.

A like for the Spiro Agnew reference

Reaction Score
Of the NINE CFL professional teams ... how many have starting QBs that are Canadian?

OK

NONE. And showing up is Zach Collaros from Cincinnati at Saskatchewan and Drew Willy from UBuffalo at Montreal. I liked both of these kids when we played them.

Context.

Reaction Score
Mark Rypien was the best ever. Not a very good list - of course. shrug ...
I meant say long one, but Mark Rypien was 35 years ago man.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wait a second, this kid speaks French? That's going to cause issues in the huddle.

Reaction Score
You see where this is going. CFL rarely has Canadian QBs because they don’t play at the elite levels of the USA. However ... the starting QBs in the CFL (include Zach Collaros & Drew Willy) are paid - $600-786k for top 7. Salary cap of $5.7m per team; league minimum of $42,000. Most any Canadians that are good at QB get a slot.

Senecal - I think - has some great skills on video. Speed. An arm. Yes. I think we could use a Milton or Pindell at this point. And leadership - which is what I believe the UMontreal HC is commenting on. He can really elevate himself if he’s solid at our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom