2020 UConn Commit #14 - Robby Rochester (Southlake Texas) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit #14 - Robby Rochester (Southlake Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or

it was Todd Dodge who went from Southlake Carroll to HC at University of North Texas. Fired after 6-37. So HS to FBS HC

Now ... his 29 year old son is HC at Southlake Carroll. Riley Dodge

Reaction Score
What makes you think that?
He'll probably put on 35 or 40 lbs of muscle total (pretty standard for linemen to do when going from high school to college) which puts him in the 280 to 285 range.

Reaction Score
He'll probably put on 35 or 40 lbs of muscle total (pretty standard for linemen to do when going from high school to college) which puts him in the 280 to 285 range.
Still would be small for an FBS OL.

Reaction Score
LT is going to Texas, C is going to BC, RT is going to UConn, TE is going to A&M. Seems to be a classic Edsall recruit is the he plays lacrosse also so he has balance and athleticism to build upon. Not necessary a diamond in the rough as many have seen him play, but Edsall just sees players differently.

Thats no surprise. If you don’t know South Lake Carroll I’m not sure how actively you follow recruiting for FBS football.

Edit: sorry im just repeating Pudge here. Not intentional.

Reaction Score

dude I love the optimism but people aren’t coming into our program and making those types of transformations.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He plays in one of the best divisions in Texas and is the kind of recruit Edsall has done well with in the past. Look at Zac Hurd for one similar comp.
Welcome to Storrs Robby

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
dude I love the optimism but people aren’t coming into our program and making those types of transformations.

He has the frame to put on the weight and remember he is 17 and has not grown into his adult body

Reaction Score
Zach Hurd came in weighing 293...
Yeah thats not right. I saw an interview with the late Jerry Martin where he talked about him coming into the program at 235lbs. I saw him in the CT/RI all star game at the rent at the most he was 250lbs. The most impressive linemen that day was UMass bound Vladimir Duchase.

Reaction Score
simply not true
[/

581FEDAA-0A7A-44E6-946E-0EF1D6CE1B35.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ok.
Escalate

we shall get the MaxPrep of Waterford HS

Reaction Score
Welcome! Plays for a great program against good competition. He’ll grow.Maybe he also has a chip and something to prove because he’s been told he’s not fat enough. Need players with a chip.

Reaction Score
When he signed they listed him as 6-7 265.
View attachment 48667
Even that was generous.

I'm telling you guys i saw him up close at the CT/RI game at the rent. Lutrus was in that one.

Duchase who was going to UMass was not only bigger, but quite frankly better than Hurd. At that time he was built more like a TE than someone who would eventually play at like 315lbs.

Duchase was CT kid miss for sure but we had good lines then so we hardly missed him. When we are bad and we see kids like Tyler Matakevitch or Nico Ragaini who supposedly want to come here and go star somewhere else, it stings.

Reaction Score
He played at Waterford High School. Dominated. But. Cmon Man. He was very raw. I noticed him at a game the fall before signing: Edsall watched his entire senior season. Saw something.

the OLine position is just different. You are counting on 17-20 to be key development ages.

Reaction Score
Unless things have changed the players end up getting a recommended lifting program to file after they sign, not to mention there in the weight room from the time they first show up on campus in the summer to the time where they take the "official" measurements at the start of camp. Hurd having put on significant weight from the time of his recruitment to the first measurement wouldn't be a shocker.

Given the facilities available to him at Southlake Carrol it wouldn't be a stretch to think a similar transformation is possible for Rochester, provided he has the right-level of motivation. 6-5, 245 is skinny, but this really does feel more like the original UConn recruiting playbook. Undersized, athletic players with the right work ethic to fill out their frame. Of course it's also a whole new world in terms of player retention, so who knows if it'll work quite as well.

Reaction Score
Unless things have changed the players end up getting a recommended lifting program to file after they sign, not to mention there in the weight room from the time they first show up on campus in the summer to the time where they take the "official" measurements at the start of camp. Hurd having put on significant weight from the time of his recruitment to the first measurement wouldn't be a shocker.

Given the facilities available to him at Southlake Carrol it wouldn't be a stretch to think a similar transformation is possible for Rochester, provided he has the right-level of motivation. 6-5, 245 is skinny, but this really does feel more like the original UConn recruiting playbook. Undersized, athletic players with the right work ethic to fill out their frame. Of course it's also a whole new world in terms of player retention, so who knows if it'll work quite as well.
"I remember [offensive lineman Zach] Hurd. He came out of [Waterford] high school at 236 pounds and he left at like 310. There are those guys we just catch at the right time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom