2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Tre Williams:

>>2020 DT Tre Williams (St. Thomas More - CT): “I balled out and during the second half of camp Coach Edsall told me to meet with him after camp and he offered. In the 1-on-1’s I just didn’t lose a rep. It felt good to get the offer. It’s a team I grew up watching in their highest highs and their lowest lows. I have a lot of memories from Saturday nights at the Rent."<<

Reaction Score

Patrick Evans is a 6-4 310lb OL from Stamford CT that was attending St. Luke's in New Canaan.

Reaction Score
No talent in CT?

"No talent in CT"

Or not enough talent in CT? Kids like Tre isn't committing here. Maybe if we start to win, and with the momentum we're producing with CT kids then I can see that happening. As of right now kids with his offer sheet are going to be really hard to keep home.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
"No talent in CT"

Or not enough talent in CT? Kids like Tre isn't committing here. Maybe if we start to win, and with the momentum we're producing with CT kids then I can see that happening. As of right now kids with his offer sheet are going to be really hard to keep home.
And you know this how?

Reaction Score
"No talent in CT"

Or not enough talent in CT?

Not sure how my semi-sarcastic comment refuting the usual "no talent in CT" meme gets turned into talented athletes won't be committing to UConn.

Kids in CT (especially inner citypublic school kids) are under evaluted for the most part. The more CT kids that attend the high end camps and get noticed the better it is for all CT kids. It will drive more coaches/recruiting folks to local practices/showcases and the number of kids w/ ratings will increase.

Each year the number of CT w/ national recruiting profiles are increasing.

Reaction Score
Not sure how my refuting the usual "no talent in CT" meme gets turned into talented athletes won't be committing to UConn.

Kids in CT (especially inner citypublic school kids) are under evaluted for the most part. The more CT kids that attend the high end camps and get noticed the better it is for all CT kids. It will drive more coaches/recruiting folks to local practices/showcases and the number of kids w/ ratings will increase.

You put: "No talent in CT" implying that's what people are saying or believing. I think you took that too far in a sense. I don't believe people in or out of CT think there isn't any talent in CT, the argument i always read is not enough talent in CT. Now with more camps and programs in CT that trend is obviously changing. Then, I went on with Tre and how a kid with his offer list is really difficult to keep home. That's all medic.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Hey, Medic. I'm not very educated in the star system or rating sites but what do you think the filter was for that screen cap? Meaning there are 6 recruits and they either have 4 stars or none. Why are they grouped together? All verbals to one school?

Reaction Score
Hey, Medic. I'm not very educated in the star system or rating sites but what do you think the filter was for that screen cap? Meaning there are 6 recruits and they either have 4 stars or none. Why are they grouped together? All verbals to one school?

Not completely sure - could just probably kids the Coach @ St Thomas More CT knows/following? Tre Williams is his.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not completely sure - could just probably kids the Coach @ St Thomas More CT knows/following? Tre Williams is his.

Thanks. I knew Tre played for him but couldn't put the other pieces together. Especially with the 4 or nothing stars.

Edit: I checked the other kid's and Oakleaf is in Florida, Southeast Polk is in PA, Junipero Serra is in CA, Pace Academy is in GA and Martin Luther King is in Detroit.

Tre's coach would have to have some very deep roots to know all of them, no?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks. I knew Tre played for him but couldn't put the other pieces together. Especially with the 4 or nothing stars.

Edit: I checked the other kid's and Oakleaf is in Florida, Southeast Polk is in PA, Junipero Serra is in CA, Pace Academy is in GA and Martin Luther King is in Detroit.

Tre's coach would have to have some very deep roots to know all of them, no?

Or he knows their coaches.. Didn't even give the initial post a second thought other than Tre is a 4*/Top 100 kid.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Or he knows their coaches.. Didn't even give the initial post a second thought other than Tre is a 4*/Top 100 kid.

Neither did I until I saw the disparity in the stars. No doubt the young man deserves his ranking. It's why he's grouped with the other kids that has me stumped.

Reaction Score
Neither did I until I saw the disparity in the stars. No doubt the young man deserves his ranking. It's why he's grouped with the other kids that has me stumped.

Now you made me go back and look again... it's alphabetical:p.

Prehospital medicine 101 - when you hear hoofbeats... think horses - not zebras.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Now you made me go back and look again... it's alphabetical:p.

Prehospital medicine 101 - when you hear hoofbeats... think horses - not zebras.

Sorry to keep this going but I realized they all have the last name of Williams. I doubled up on my glaucoma meds tonight but that still doesn't explain what those 6 kids have in common unless someone searched the last name, right? As I am typing this I've had a moment of clarity and realized Tre's coach wanted to find his profile with the new 4* rank so he could post it and simply searched his last name and scrolled.

My apologies for wasting your time Medic but I'm actually proud of myself right now for cracking that mystery. Problem Solving 420!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom