2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane offered | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Plan C behind Jackson and Abdur-Rahim?

No. It's a first to commit situation I'd think. Wouldn't be surprised if the staff triednto get 2 of them either

Reaction Score
I see Jackson and JAR as wings and Lane as a guard (like Mané). Lane actually used to play PG but hasn’t been playing that role this spring.

Lane kind of reminds me of a better B Adams. Big, strong, defensive guard with a reputation for shooting it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I see Jackson and JAR as wings and Lane as a guard (like Mané). Lane actually used to play PG but hasn’t been playing that role this spring.
I agree but unless he makes big strides in ball handling he will see a lot of time at the 3, especially in a mostly 3 guard system like Hurley runs. He overlaps with Jackson in a lot of ways, could be a plan b.

Reaction Score
I agree but unless he makes big strides in ball handling he will see a lot of time at the 3, especially in a mostly 3 guard system like Hurley runs. He overlaps with Jackson in a lot of ways, could be a plan b.

Definitely possible. But assuming 3 schollies.. 1 has to be a big. Other than that, there's no true positional needs. If I'm Hurley I'm just getting the 2 most talented players available regardless of position. Especially if they have unique skill sets on the wing like JAR, Jackson, and Lane do.

C

Chief00

Definitely possible. But assuming 3 schollies.. 1 has to be a big. Other than that, there's no true positional needs. If I'm Hurley I'm just getting the 2 most talented players available regardless of position. Especially if they have unique skill sets on the wing like JAR, Jackson, and Lane do.
Agree, Chief wants a Big or maybe two. Casual Fans are enthralled by guards but you still need the trench warfare dudes to go deep into the tournament. Yeah, occasionally guards can do it on their own by draining threes, but Chief is about “The Grind” and consistency to take you to “The Big Moment”.

Reaction Score
Cam Thomas is the clear #1 priority at SG now

excellent. i was just keeping plans B and C in mind. is staff on mashburn? otherwise idk who'd be left at SG

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That’s really nice. Where do you guys put up the National Championship and lotto pick banners?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Friar, great job improving the the look of the landscape and buildings. Any work on the student body?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sign me up for anyone with a good ranking named Niels.

Remember when he made like 72 of his first 75 3s his senior year or something crazy like that! Love Giffey!
Before we get too far into this, what's the official pronunciation on his last name?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's okay we know that you are very proud of it. Very proud indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom