2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane offered | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Definitely possible. But assuming 3 schollies.. 1 has to be a big. Other than that, there's no true positional needs. If I'm Hurley I'm just getting the 2 most talented players available regardless of position. Especially if they have unique skill sets on the wing like JAR, Jackson, and Lane do.

A big for sure. But I think too many people here aren’t understanding Hurley’s focus on defense. Look at our targets. Hurley wants to build a defensive juggernaut. That’s UConn’s legacy as much as anything. Leading the country in blocks for nearly a decade. Winning a NC in the most defensive title game ever in 2011.

Like it or not, that’s the identity he’s shaping.

Reaction Score
A big for sure. But I think too many people here aren’t understanding Hurley’s focus on defense. Look at our targets. Hurley wants to build a defensive juggernaut. That’s UConn’s legacy as much as anything. Leading the country in blocks for nearly a decade. Winning a NC in the most defensive title game ever in 2011.

Like it or not, that’s the identity he’s shaping.

His top big targets have not been great shot blockers--cliff and kofi. Seems to be targeting size more for rebounding. Still defense, just a little different system maybe.

They also may just have been the best available and interested kids. And happened to not be elite shotblockers. Who knows

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Definitely possible. But assuming 3 schollies.. 1 has to be a big. Other than that, there's no true positional needs. If I'm Hurley I'm just getting the 2 most talented players available regardless of position. Especially if they have unique skill sets on the wing like JAR, Jackson, and Lane do.

A big for sure. But I think too many people here aren’t understanding Hurley’s focus on defense. Look at our targets. Hurley wants to build a defensive juggernaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom