2020 QB Commit Jonathan Sénécal Sustains Knee Injury in Season Opener | The Boneyard

2020 QB Commit Jonathan Sénécal Sustains Knee Injury in Season Opener

Reaction Score
Translation is kinda rough: Phoenix star quarterback Jonathan Sénécal wounded against Limoilou

>>The start of the college football season is tarnished by an injury to his best player. Star quarterback Jonathan Sénécal tore a left knee ligament on Saturday afternoon at Charlesbourg Campus Cégep Limoilou.

In the overwhelming defeat of the Titans of Limoilou 44-3 at the expense of the Phénix d'André-Grasset, defending champion of the Bol d'Or first division collegiate largely thanks to Sénécal, it is especially the exit of the field of the number 12 Phoenix supported by two teammates that caught the eye.

"We are happy with the win, but we are sad for the youngster. It's a bitter victory, "summed Grasset head coach Tony Iadeluca after the match. "He told me," Coach, I've never been hurt in my life! I had to get to the first game ... "I told him not to think about that."

"For the moment, we know that it is the knee and the ligament, but which one and to what degree? We can not answer, "continues Iadeluca. "But we will have to make adjustments in offensive. When you lose a quarterback like Jo Sénécal, you have to survive while waiting for his return. "

Already promised at the University of Connecticut in the US University Division (NCAA) next year, Sénécal is playing his third and final campaign in the ranks of Quebec's college students. "Connecticut did not offer to enter this year and wanted him to finish his CEGEP. And Jonathan is a big competitor: he wanted to finish big and break records. But here, we will especially hope that he can return to the game as soon as possible, "says the coach.

Player of the circuit last year in his second year alone, Sénécal already holds the league record for touchdown passes. He had time to record his 59th Saturday, before getting injured. With 91 yards of win against Limoilou, he also came close to 310 yards through the 6286 mark pass set by Hugo Richard (2011-13, Vanier). Richard then played for five years with Laval University's Rouge et Or.

"It's flat to see a guy like that hurt himself. We do not want that to anyone and we saw it by the reaction of the guys on our bench, "commented on his side head coach Titans, Dave Parent.<<

Background thread: 2020 UConn Commit #3 - Jonathan Sénécal (Montreal Canada)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Reaction Score
At least he has free healthcare?? Idk this is horrible news and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Translation is kinda rough: Phoenix star quarterback Jonathan Sénécal wounded against Limoilou

>>The start of the college football season is tarnished by an injury to his best player. Star quarterback Jonathan Sénécal tore a left knee ligament on Saturday afternoon at Charlesbourg Campus Cégep Limoilou.

In the overwhelming defeat of the Titans of Limoilou 44-3 at the expense of the Phénix d'André-Grasset, defending champion of the Bol d'Or first division collegiate largely thanks to Sénécal, it is especially the exit of the field of the number 12 Phoenix supported by two teammates that caught the eye.

"We are happy with the win, but we are sad for the youngster. It's a bitter victory, "summed Grasset head coach Tony Iadeluca after the match. "He told me," Coach, I've never been hurt in my life! I had to get to the first game ... "I told him not to think about that."

"For the moment, we know that it is the knee and the ligament, but which one and to what degree? We can not answer, "continues Iadeluca. "But we will have to make adjustments in offensive. When you lose a quarterback like Jo Sénécal, you have to survive while waiting for his return. "

Already promised at the University of Connecticut in the US University Division (NCAA) next year, Sénécal is playing his third and final campaign in the ranks of Quebec's college students. "Connecticut did not offer to enter this year and wanted him to finish his CEGEP. And Jonathan is a big competitor: he wanted to finish big and break records. But here, we will especially hope that he can return to the game as soon as possible, "says the coach.

Player of the circuit last year in his second year alone, Sénécal already holds the league record for touchdown passes. He had time to record his 59th Saturday, before getting injured. With 91 yards of win against Limoilou, he also came close to 310 yards through the 6286 mark pass set by Hugo Richard (2011-13, Vanier). Richard then played for five years with Laval University's Rouge et Or.

"It's flat to see a guy like that hurt himself. We do not want that to anyone and we saw it by the reaction of the guys on our bench, "commented on his side head coach Titans, Dave Parent.<<

I wish him a very speedy recovery....

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but the first thought that went through my mind was that this will probably guarantee his arrival in Storrs. If he’d blown up again this year I was concerned that a big-time program that whiffed on a major recruit or had QB transfers might try to get in on him late.

Reaction Score
At least he has free healthcare?? Idk this is horrible news and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Not sure how the Canadian system handles surgeries like this. Their emphasis is on primary care and, although this will not be "elective" surgery, their wait times for many surgical procedures is months longer than anyone in this country would accept as reasonable. In fact, many Canadians choose to cross the border for procedures like joint replacements, laser eye surgery, etc. Hopefully he will have access to a competent surgeon who can handle this promptly and it would seem likely UConn's staff will be in contact to see if they can offer guidance.

As to the Canadian system, I had an experience at the Toronto Airport about fifteen years ago that required a trip by ambulance to the local ER before the airline would clear me for our return to Bradley. After about three hours in the ER, complete with one RN watching over me and two others, full lab workup, EKG, etc. they discharged me but not before I had to pay a little over $300 total for the ambulance, ER stay, testing, etc. At the time, the charges at a US hospital would have been well over 10 times that but, depending on insurance, it may have actually cost little to nothing here.

Reaction Score

"Connecticut did not offer to enter this year and wanted him to finish his CEGEP. And Jonathan is a big competitor: he wanted to finish big and break records. But here, we will especially hope that he can return to the game as soon as possible, "says the coach.

Hopefully the second guessing on not offering him for this year will be kept to a minimum.

Reaction Score
Very unfortunate news from a very good athlete. I echo others and hope for a speedy recovery. The American game is different than Canada, sure, but Sénécal is one of the greatest QB’s to leave Canada to the states in a very long time. We’re excited to see u in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but I saw on twitter another 20' commit, Alfred Chea is recovering from a broken leg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but I saw on twitter another 20' commit, Alfred Chea is recovering from a broken leg

Dammit Randy. On top of everything, recruiting players with brittle bones?!?

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but the first thought that went through my mind was that this will probably guarantee his arrival in Storrs. If he’d blown up again this year I was concerned that a big-time program that whiffed on a major recruit or had QB transfers might try to get in on him late.
I felt bad when I also had the same thought. We want him here!!

Reaction Score
Get well and keep that UConn cap nearby. Part 2 is just starting a little earlier.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hoping he has his surgery in the states as it takes time to get surgery at times in Canada

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Connecticut did not offer to enter this year and wanted him to finish his CEGEP. And Jonathan is a big competitor: he wanted to finish big and break records. But here, we will especially hope that he can return to the game as soon as possible, "says the coach.

Hopefully the second guessing on not offering him for this year will be kept to a minimum.

He would have been starter on day 1 of this season.

Reaction Score
He would have been starter on day 1 of this season.

You mean he could have been our McKenzie Milton? That would have been great.
It's got to be awful to have such an injury in what he thought would be a record-breaking year to finish off his pre-NCAA career. Hopefully it's only one ligament, with good prospects for recovery, he finds a good surgeon and is ready to go next Summer in pre-season camp.

Reaction Score
No other offers or on any other school boards and now a ACL injury I liked his tape but bringing in another no offer qb and injury prone doesn’t sound promising

Reaction Score
No other offers or on any other school boards and now a ACL injury I liked his tape but bringing in another no offer qb and injury prone doesn’t sound promising
It seems that Syracuse is pushing hard for him to change his decision but Sénécal has confirmed that he is 100% committed to Uconn and wants to focus on his last season in Quebec. Case closed.

Syracuse 247 recruiting update:
>>One name at quarterback that some have asked about is Jonathan Senecal, a UConn commit from Canada. I do not have any definitive information either way. However, I do believe there is at least some exploratory interest here. Sometimes when you attempt to gather information and everything is silent, there is a reason. That can be as telling as anything. So my gut right now says there could be some mutual interest, so he is someone I will continue to monitor going forward.<<

Based on posting history - current QB family/friend?

Reaction Score
I’ll assume that “injury prone”, after one injury, is a typo

Reaction Score
Is interest a offer? I don’t believe it is and as far as relations to a current qb nothing personal with any of they’re families but enjoyed watching one play in high school for a few years as he lead our team to winning season and played in front of 10-15000 every Friday night

Reaction Score
Is interest a offer? I don’t believe it is and as far as relations to a current qb nothing personal with any of they’re families but enjoyed watching one play in high school for a few years as he lead our team to winning season and played in front of 10-15000 every Friday night

...”No other offers or on any other school boards”.

I’m sure Steven Krajewski appreciates your continued support.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You mean he could have been our McKenzie Milton? That would have been great.
It's got to be awful to have such an injury in what he thought would be a record-breaking year to finish off his pre-NCAA career. Hopefully it's only one ligament, with good prospects for recovery, he finds a good surgeon and is ready to go next Summer in pre-season camp.

That's who he reminds me of, size, style etc. Not that he'd be that, but it's possible with a guy from an overlooked recruiting region (as Milton was).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom