2020 Power 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Power 4

Reaction Score
I don’t get the point. There is a really good chance that NO college football gets played this season. UCONN got ahead of this. It was a good move all around.
The ACC, SEC and Big12 are playing through. AAC looks like a go. Interestingly, it appears the B1G decision was not unanimous. As a “safe” state it was a huge miscalculation because we could have picked up some nice potential matchups. BYU is a major beneficiary as a B12 filler. Sorry, I just see this as a huge miscalculation and missed opportunity. Some step into the breach and others run. We were first to cut and run, when making friends with teams in need was job 1 as an independent.

Reaction Score
I think it will prove to be a major setback in recruiting. Parents might appreciate the “we really care enough not to play” pitch. But. that doesn’t
resonate with an 18 year old kid.
So are you basically assuming that 18 year old kids are too stupid to see the world around them?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The ACC, SEC and Big12 are playing through. AAC looks like a go. Interestingly, it appears the B1G decision was not unanimous. As a “safe” state it was a huge miscalculation because we could have picked up some nice potential matchups. BYU is a major beneficiary as a B12 filler. Sorry, I just see this as a huge miscalculation and missed opportunity. Some step into the breach and others run. We were first to cut and run, when making friends with teams in need was job 1 as an independent.
It's a roll of the dice, but:
  • If the fall season tanks, we look like the smart kid in the class
  • If the fall season goes relatively well, we coordinate with the other schools not playing and set up a Spring schedule

Reaction Score

You are defining courage and leadership through your version of the pandemic. Others would argue that it took leadership and courage to be the first to step out.

Don‘t assume the remaining conferences hold the course. A lot of these players are concerned and feel the schools do not have their interests at heart. That does not bode well for those that play.

Reaction Score
I think it will prove to be a major setback in recruiting. Parents might appreciate the “we really care enough not to play” pitch. But. that doesn’t

you are reading about players opting out and voicing concerns correct? Knowing that coaches will do what’s in best interest of the players who commit here is quite the selling point.

Reaction Score
you are reading about players opting out and voicing concerns correct? Knowing that coaches will do what’s in best interest of the players who commit here is quite the selling point.
Of course there are some, which is fine. It’s their choice not to play. Most want to play ball. But, let’s ignore the science and rationality, which indicates they are not storming Omaha beach.

Reaction Score
Of course there are some, which is fine. It’s their choice not to play. Most want to play ball. But, let’s ignore the science and rationality, which indicates they are not storming Omaha beach.

I think you might want to not ignore science and rationality.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not a lot of these kids are afraid of dying and also getting infected and bringing it back to Grandma etc. Im not sure if you say but Syracuse has had several practices cancelled BY THE PLAYERS because they are scared of covid and do not feel the school is doing enough testing. Syracuse promised to do more testing so that they can get their team back to practicing!!

Reaction Score

BYU is playing no one in the Big 12

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How do you think UConn would pick up some nice matchups when 34 states and climbing are on our quarentine list? Who would we allow to come here or who could we go play? Do you plan on having games every 15 days to allow for the quarentine? I'm very happy that our state doesn't cut corners just so we can play a sport for our enjoyment. I'd much rather we hold our numbers low and put off a sport until it's safe to play it.

Clearly not everyone feels that way.....

Reaction Score
Vandy: at least 6 scholarship players who started in 2019, including the Commodores’ leading tackler last season and 3 expected starting OL, decide not to play at least this fall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vandy: at least 6 scholarship players who started in 2019, including the Commodores’ leading tackler last season and 3 expected starting OL, decide not to play at least this fall.
They might go 0-10, if the season plays out.

Reaction Score
I’ll donate $100 to your favorite charity for every game BYU plays against a Big 12 opponent during the 2020 regular season
When you can play a team from Alabama, are you suggesting BYU’s just handpicked North Alabama game was not at the top of the Cougars’ list? Not even UAB, nope, North Alabama.

Reaction Score
When you can play a team from Alabama, are you suggesting BYU’s just handpicked North Alabama game was not at the top of the Cougars’ list? Not even UAB, nope, North Alabama.
I have no idea what this means and since I’m a TCU fan I really don’t care. I was simply pointing out that the Big 12 schedule is done and BYU is not a part of it and that is very unlikely to change

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don’t get the point. There is a really good chance that NO college football gets played this season. UCONN got ahead of this. It was a good move all around.
i see no difference with being 1st one to quit or last

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom