2020 Power 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Power 4

Reaction Score
Wishful thinking on the AAC’s part IMO, although there would be a better chance than normal for an undefeated AAC to land a playoff spot.

Reaction Score
We leave AAC, we cancel FB season, and AAC Is positioning to be an auto spot in FBS playoffs. As said, fortune favors the bold.

Yup, they are going to let the AAC in this year only....I am sure the Power 5 will all jump on that chance to create a crack and share $. He might as well have said “and they should recognize UCF as national champ, and throw out the Dr Pepper trophy and replace it with the Civil Conflict one (perhaps they’ll find the Private Investigator to search for it too).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As said, fortune favors the bold.
That's why UConn made the right decision to leave. Can you imagine what we would be going through right now if we were stuck in that crap league and they were forcing us to play football?

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
4th team is still an SEC team. Only difference this year is the B12 doesn't have to sweat being left out.

Reaction Score
I’ll take the under on there even being a CFP. Norte Dame just reported Covid cases. How’s that going to work?

Reaction Score
Yup, they are going to let the AAC in this year only....I am sure the Power 5 will all jump on that chance to create a crack and share $. He might as well have said “and they should recognize UCF as national champ, and throw out the Dr Pepper trophy and replace it with the Civil Conflict one (perhaps they’ll find the Private Investigator to search for it too).
If they pull it off, I think they build the case for a true P6 in the future. It’s pretty opportunistic on Aresco’s part. Whether it makes its way through? Who knows.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Bold move.
Lol....ok. Next we'll see C-USA say the same thing b/c they are still going forward with their schedule too. That's a bold move too, right? Maybe they'll be in the discussion for a P6 or even P7. Wait, maybe they'll take the Pac12 spot because they've been garbage lately.

Come on.

Reaction Score
As most AAC schools are in TX, FL, LA, and OK with a few too many locals continuing to exhibit varying levels of irresponsiblity, what's the likelihood Angry Aresco's programs on average even play a game? 3? >4 games?

Imagine thoughts of the USNA Superintendent and Commandant on the typically well-disciplined and relatively coccooned Midshipmen traveling to and back from the nation's current COVID19 red zones.

Reaction Score
Lol....ok. Next we'll see C-USA say the same thing b/c they are still going forward with their schedule too. That's a bold move too, right? Maybe they'll be in the discussion for a P6 or even P7. Wait, maybe they'll take the Pac12 spot because they've been garbage lately.

Come on.
Scoff as you like.

Reaction Score
Best move UConn ever made getting out of AAC. Basketball recruiting off the charts and football recruiting way up.
It’s great for BB no doubt. Football was on a path, but tapping out early was a huge mistake.

Reaction Score
Football was on a path alright...
Indy schedule looked decent and recruiting picked up... all that trashed with a very precipitous, uniformed decision.

Reaction Score
you think recruiting was trashed because UCONN canceled? I think it will improve actually.
I think it will prove to be a major setback in recruiting. Parents might appreciate the “we really care enough not to play” pitch. But. that doesn’t
resonate with an 18 year old kid.

Reaction Score
Football was on a path alright...
Football Recruiting was improving even in the AAC, but it took a huge jump this year with better teams on the schedule with the move to independent. Financially, moving to independent was by far the best move UCONN could do. Hopefully this leads to an increase in assistant pool so that we can presumably pay to keep our assistance or have money to lure away others to come to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I think it will prove to be a major setback in recruiting. Parents might appreciate the “we really care enough not to play” pitch. But. that doesn’t
resonate with an 18 year old kid.

I don’t get the point. There is a really good chance that NO college football gets played this season. UCONN got ahead of this. It was a good move all around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom