2020 off-season transfers | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But they're not transferring due to the alleged mistreatment described in recent reports; they're leaving because their coach who recruited them was fired. At least the timing suggests as much.
Didn’t L Gordon have to previously sit out? If so she should have her undergraduate degree and be a grad transfer.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Didn’t L Gordon have to previously sit out? If so she should have her undergraduate degree and be a grad transfer.

She transferred after fall semester 2018, so sat out spring and fall 2019 and played spring 2020. If she is on the four year plan, she should graduate in 2021.

Reaction Score
Originally had committed to Marquette, but reopened her commitment after Kieger left for Penn State. Also considered Kansas State, Missouri, DePaul, and Kentucky during high school.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Penn St. Guard Kamaria McDaniel announces transfer to Baylor.

On Monday, guard Kamaria McDaniel, formerly of Penn State, announced via Twitter that she is headed to the Lady Bears. McDaniel, a 5-foot-10 guard from Dearborn Heights Robichaud High School in Michigan, was an All-Big Ten selection as she averaged 19.8 points and 3.1 assists as a junior last season. She will sit out this season unless she receives a waiver.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Penn St. Guard Kamaria McDaniel announces transfer to Baylor.

On Monday, guard Kamaria McDaniel, formerly of Penn State, announced via Twitter that she is headed to the Lady Bears. McDaniel, a 5-foot-10 guard from Dearborn Heights Robichaud High School in Michigan, was an All-Big Ten selection as she averaged 19.8 points and 3.1 assists as a junior last season. She will sit out this season unless she receives a waiver.

Well if this season goes belly up Kim has already secured herself next season's effective guard grad transfer...

Reaction Score
Well if this season goes belly up Kim has already secured herself next season's effective guard grad transfer...

She seems to have a major change of heart when it comes to transfers ever since Chloe Jackson came in. Seems they have a small net recruiting kids and are now supplementing with quality grad transfers on top of it. Risky if certain things don’t fall through but they have been doing well with it so far.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Originally had committed to Marquette, but reopened her commitment after Kieger left for Penn State. Also considered Kansas State, Missouri, DePaul, and Kentucky during high school.

I mentioned Shemera Williams in another thread a few days ago. This girl can play-with the right coach she could be a superstar.

Reaction Score
I mentioned Shemera Williams in another thread a few days ago. This girl can play-with the right coach she could be a superstar.
The right coach and the right system. I was really surprised when she chose Virginia. Really thought she would have followed Kieger to PSU or Depaul. Fast paced system is where she will show how talented she is.

Reaction Score
The right coach and the right system. I was really surprised when she chose Virginia. Really thought she would have followed Kieger to PSU or Depaul. Fast paced system is where she will show how talented she is.
Tina’s trying to implement a face paced system at UVA. She didn’t start with the right players to do so. I’m very disappointed that Shemera might leave.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Vivian Gray is no longer on Oklahoma State roster - likely to end up at Texas Tech.
Older sister Olivia graduated from OSU in May. Vivian just graduated as she posted her graduation photos on August 22 on her twitter account. While both have one year of eligibility remaining, doesn't look like Olivia has intentions of continuing her hoops career (nothing on her twitter account indicating otherwise). Of course, if a school offers both sisters a hoops scholarship for one year, I can see that being enticing to Olivia moreso for free graduate school for one year and a role player on the hoops squad.

As for intra-conference grad transfers, both would need a waiver from OSU to transfer to another Big 12 conference school. When Erin DeGrate grad-transferred from Texas Tech to Baylor for the 2019-20 season, she had to obtain one from Tech, and it wasn't easy according to Baylor fans. I can see OSU not granting the waiver simply to prevent 2-3 of their players from ending up at fellow conference school and having to play against them twice a season.

One Texas assistant coach has started following Vivian Gray on twitter, so I'm sure she'll get plenty of interest if she doesn't already have her mind made up as to where to transfer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As for intra-conference grad transfers, both would need a waiver from OSU to transfer to another Big 12 conference school. When Erin DeGrate grad-transferred from Texas Tech to Baylor for the 2019-20 season, she had to obtain one from Tech, and it wasn't easy according to Baylor fans. I can see OSU not granting the waiver simply to prevent 2-3 of their players from ending up at fellow conference school and having to play against them twice a season.

A few parts of that commentary are incorrect.

First, grad Transfer waivers are only needed if a player has previously transferred. If the player has not previously transferred, it is not required.
Second, the Big 12 intra-conference transfer rule does not apply to grad transfers.
Third, Erin DeGrate’s issue was not about a waiver. DeGrate had previously transferred from Louisville to Texas Tech, therefor she would require a Waiver if Tech offered the same graduate degree program and Tech took the position that they did offer such a graduate degree [even though the degree was in Baylor’s seminary and Tech as a state school does not have a seminary]. The Big 12 relied on an outside source to handle the ”same degree” question, the outside source determined that Tech’s position was ludicrous, Tech was heavily admonished by the Big 12 for fighting the transfer.
Fourth, OSU would only face a Waiver question on players who had previously transferred and the player was using an overlapping graduate degree offering.

Attachments

• 167C14E0-78DB-4BD4-9E2D-175B59BF667B.jpeg
    167C14E0-78DB-4BD4-9E2D-175B59BF667B.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 211
Reaction Score
Raoul has Alaysia Styles leaving Cal as a grad transfer.

She visited Oregon State, Cal, and Maryland out of high school, and Maryland finished a close second. They have been going after grad-transfer forwards hard, so they seem like a legit possibility.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, between graduation and transfers, basically all Cal has coming back is last year's Fr. class. At least the new coach won't have to wait long to have all her players in place.

edit--4 of the top 5 scorers from the last place team in the conference are gone

Reaction Score
She visited Oregon State, Cal, and Maryland out of high school, and Maryland finished a close second. They have been going after grad-transfer forwards hard, so they seem like a legit possibility.
Wouldn't be surprised if its MD . They have a history of talking to players before they transfer and the player announcing not even a week later that they are attending MD after announcing the transfer smh .

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if its MD . They have a history of talking to players before they transfer and the player announcing not even a week later that they are attending MD after announcing the transfer smh .
This only happened one time. I don't know how you can come to a conclusion like that. Chloe Bibby is the only graduate transfer Brenda have signed in her history here at Maryland.

Reaction Score
This only happened one time. I don't know how you can come to a conclusion like that. Chloe Bibby is the only graduate transfer Brenda have signed in her history here at Maryland.
Is C Bibby a grad transfer? That is the first I had heard she graduated.

Reaction Score
I made a mistake. Bibby is not a grad transfer, Benzan is the only one Brenda has signed. I know that some feel that Bibby signed very quickly after she announced her transfer from MSST. Since I know nothing of the recruitment of Bibby, I can't comment on this. One point to mention is Maryland has not signed a lot of transfers in their history since Brenda came on board). They are not like Florida State or Ohio State.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I made a mistake. Bibby is not a grad transfer, Benzan is the only one Brenda has signed. I know that some feel that Bibby signed very quickly after she announced her transfer from MSST. Since I know nothing of the recruitment of Bibby, I can't comment on this. One point to mention is Maryland has not signed a lot of transfers in their history since Brenda came on board). They are not like Florida State or Ohio State.
I have zero idea - but talking to folks before they should is a charge that has been levied at both Brenda and Kim. As I say, I don't follow the whole transfer side of things, but I can assure you that was one of the common rumors around Rutgers years and years ago. Which shocks me about how long Brenda has been around.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, is it just me not paying attention, or has it been very quiet out on social media as far as which transfers have officially been granted/denied their waiver requests to receive immediate eligibility for the upcoming season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom