2020 Holiday music thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Holiday music thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe her name is Lisa Layne. I saw her at the Medora Musical in North Dakota and was absolutely astounded with her singing much of the Patsy Cline songbook. She has portrayed Patsy in a number of musicals and she looked just like her. I think she still performs. So here's an OT of the OT from Lisa:

And another version of the song by another Patsy Cline sing alike...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

@Centerstream, thanks for posting the Vince Vance and the Valiants "All I want For Christmas". I never heard it before, and I am so impressed with her voice and the whole song and sax and all. You have made a merrier Christmas here! Thanks again.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@Centerstream, thanks for posting the Vince Vance and the Valiants "All I want For Christmas". I never heard it before, and I am so impressed with her voice and the whole song and sax and all. You have made a merrier Christmas here! Thanks again.
My pleasure @Bama fan .

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And while we're on Peanuts.

Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi Trio

I have actually listened to that album several times since (ahem) a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Since I grew up with A Charlie Brown Christmas, it just screams the season to me. Plus it’s really, really good music.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And just because I've been listening to it, another from Maddy Prior and a different bunch of guys. Any excuse to post something with crumhorns.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I know some here have moved to declare Pentatonix the clear favorite, and ordinarily I would not argue. But I want to introduce a tune here that might make you change your thinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom