2020 Holiday music thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Holiday music thread

Reaction Score
That girl can sing!
I believe her name is Lisa Layne. I saw her at the Medora Musical in North Dakota and was absolutely astounded with her singing much of the Patsy Cline songbook. She has portrayed Patsy in a number of musicals and she looked just like her. I think she still performs. So here's an OT of the OT from Lisa:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe her name is Lisa Layne. I saw her at the Medora Musical in North Dakota and was absolutely astounded with her singing much of the Patsy Cline songbook. She has portrayed Patsy in a number of musicals and she looked just like her. I think she still performs. So here's an OT of the OT from Lisa:

You are correct, Lisa Layne is the singer and I really, really enjoy listening to her and the rest of Vince Vance and the Valiants doing this song.
Back in the days when I worked, this would be my new email notification for the month of December. Luckily I was working from home so it bothered no one.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another from our lady of the harp. This whole album was recorded in a cathedral in (IIRC) Ireland; the sound is spectacular.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kate Rusby has an angelic voice. She has quite a few Christmas songs, some traditional and some not. I picked this one because it's not yet another rendition of a song I've heard a thousand times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My parents had this Christmas album, brings back good memories.

edit--the song is Country Christmas

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I heard some hurdy gurdy in one of those Loreena McKennitt songs, so that got me thinking of this artist. She usually is solo but brought along a bunch of friends for this song.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom