2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple things.
Sucks to lose him but with 8 or 9 kids on the team with links to NHL teams you figure you will lose at least 1-2 a year

Assumed Vomacka was gone especially with the Union goalie transferring in and the prospect we landed recently. Sounds like its not definite though?

Any chance Karashik comes back? Everyone had an extra year if they wanted in hockey as well? I know the other sports that's the case. Wonder if he's already looking to get paid. He would be incredible to hold onto for one more year.

Reaction Score
The fact that he has that option coming from our program helps with the new talent pool...

Reaction Score
Adam Karashik to the transfer portal per Mark Divver on twitter. Is this guy reliable?

Reaction Score
Adam Karashik to the transfer portal per Mark Divver on twitter. Is this guy reliable?

Seemed there was some chatter about him possibly using his free year @ UConn. Be interesting to see where he ends up... wonder if someone opened a channel/path to him.

Reaction Score
I'm curious why he wants to leave - although we may never hear why, who knows. Losing him and Kuznetsov is really a tough blow to the blue line.

Reaction Score
I'm curious why he wants to leave - although we may never hear why, who knows. Losing him and Kuznetsov is really a tough blow to the blue line.
Very surprising.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Is transferring within the hockey east allowed?
Yes.

Section 12.04 Transfer Students

• (a) Transfer students shall be granted the same QPA requirement exemption as freshmen students, stated in Article XII, Section 12.03 (a) and (b) of these bylaws, regardless of academic year.
  • (b) Any player who transfers from one current CHE provisional or full time member team to another while academically ineligible, must serve one full semester of ineligibility at the school he/she transferred to.
  • (c) Regardless of transfer status, undergraduate and graduate transfer students are only allowed 10 semesters of league eligibility.
  • (d) Transfer students must submit an academic transcript from the CHE school they transferred from to the league office before he/she is eligible for play (if it applies).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ct native, senior captain, program improving every year. Chance to play in front of good sized crowds again next fall.
I dont get him transferring to another school but I just cant imagine he would stay in conference. That would be a huge slap in the face.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Ct native, senior captain, program improving every year. Chance to play in front of good sized crowds again next fall.
I dont get him transferring to another school but I just cant imagine he would stay in conference. That would be a huge slap in the face.
It’s definitely a head scratcher. He seemed pretty happy with UConn Hockey and visa versa.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I can’t find any reference to Karashik in Divvers Twitter feed. Did he maybe delete the tweet? I’ve seen no other news on this. Hoping this is a false alarm.

Reaction Score
I can’t find any reference to Karashik in Divvers Twitter feed. Did he maybe delete the tweet? I’ve seen no other news on this. Hoping this is a false alarm.

Reaction Score
The Grand Forks Herald had a list of names that had just entered the portal and his name was in fact on it.

Reaction Score
Blah....I still don’t understand this.

I don't begrudge anyone who goes through an open door for their future (I'm also assuming Grad School is on tap). He gave UConn 4 solid years.

Reaction Score
Sorry to see him go - wish him the best but Notre Dame?? UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member