2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News

Reaction Score
Can't get past their paywall - incognito mode, different browser, whatever. Says I'm past my free article limit, but I don't ever remember reading a SF Chronicle article before. In any case, Tara should enjoy being on the top of the mountain as much as she can, as it's unlikely (IMO) that she'll be there for even a full calendar year.

Reaction Score
Can't get past their paywall - incognito mode, different browser, whatever. Says I'm past my free article limit, but I don't ever remember reading a SF Chronicle article before. In any case, Tara should enjoy being on the top of the mountain as much as she can, as it's unlikely (IMO) that she'll be there for even a full calendar year.
Same and agree

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I was planning hoping to attend their game at A&T in January... as this would be their last scheduled trip to Greensboro since both schools are leaving the MEAC at the end of the athletic year. Kinda disappointed for FAMU as they had a brand new coach Shalon Pillow in her first year as a head coach.

Fellow Florida MEAC school Bethune-Cookman had already decided to opt out of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not unexpected.... I bet A&T follows suit as Guilford County (Greensboro) was added to the NC Red Zone list

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

:(:(:(:(

floevans.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Before the Covid stuff.... they had the Coach's show at a local restaurant.. It will be interesting to see if that returns next year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What happened to Oklahoma player Maddie Williams and the bench? They are playing with only six available players. :eek::confused:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What happened to Oklahoma player Maddie Williams and the bench? They are playing with only six available players. :eek::confused:
I believe it's related to COVID contact tracing. But their most recent game was their second game with just six players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Blue Devils are done for the year :(

Welp... at least I have My Aggies, Spartans, Panthers, Wolfpack, Demon Deacons, Camels, Bulldogs, Phoenix, and Blue Hose to root for :cool:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
My Blue Devils are done for the year :(

Welp... at least I have My Aggies, Spartans, Panthers, Wolfpack, Demon Deacons, Camels, Bulldogs, Phoenix, and Blue Hose to root for :cool:

Does this make Duke the first team in the modern era to never have played a road game?

Also makes one wonder if other teams will follow suit...and now, doubt is creeping in if we'll have a post-season tournament.

Reaction Score

OXFORD, Miss. – Ole Miss women's basketball's SEC season opener at South Carolina on December 31 has been postponed due to a combination of positive tests, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Ole Miss program.”

Reaction Score
I am confused how both these are happening simultaneously.

Valenti-Paea (Buffalo 2021 commit) can enroll early but travel restrictions prevent Anstey and Potter (UCLA 2020 commits) when all three are from Australia.

1609463433212.png

Source

Reaction Score
I am confused how both these are happening simultaneously.

Valenti-Paea (Buffalo 2021 commit) can enroll early but travel restrictions prevent Anstey and Potter (UCLA 2020 commits) when all three are from Australia.

View attachment 63065
Source

There's a technicality that is preventing them from coming to the US. Here's a link to an article that explains it better.

This quote specifically:

"In July, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement changed its initial guidance to declare that foreign college students at U.S. colleges would not be allowed to enter or remain in the country if their school was going online only.

After backlash and a lawsuit filed by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, ICE went back on its guidance, via NPR. It only applies to newly enrolled students, and not those returning to school.

Redshirt junior Chantel Horvat, a native of Geelong, Australia, can be in Los Angeles but Anstey and fellow Australian freshman Gemma Potter cannot."

Reaction Score
"In July, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement changed its initial guidance to declare that foreign college students at U.S. colleges would not be allowed to enter or remain in the country if their school was going online only.

After backlash and a lawsuit filed by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, ICE went back on its guidance, via NPR. It only applies to newly enrolled students, and not those returning to school.
So the reason Anstey and Potter are not allowed is that UCLA is currently online only. One therefore assumes for Valenti-Paea to be allowed that Buffalo aren't currently online only.

If the above assumption is correct then at least there is a clear distinction unlike say the granting of hardship waivers in previous seasons.

They have already made one amendment, that is between returning and newly enrolled, so why not make another for scholarships, who have already signed an NLI?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So the reason Anstey and Potter are not allowed is that UCLA is currently online only. One therefore assumes for Valenti-Paea to be allowed that Buffalo aren't currently online only.

If the above assumption is correct then at least there is a clear distinction unlike say the granting of hardship waivers in previous seasons.

They have already made one amendment, that is between returning and newly enrolled, so why not make another for scholarships, who have already signed an NLI?
No idea. I don't have a background that could justify me providing any opinions on immigration law.

What I do know is UCLA is not the only school having challenges with international students. I recall reading an article where Michigan had a similar issue with one of their players who is Brazilian.

Reaction Score
two points. In practice.

I like Rivers a lot. Changes nothing.
This is pretty cool. She's 6' tall. Obviously the opportunity to do this in a game is very slim. What I take from this is that she could be a very good chase down blocker, as well as a good rebounder from the guard position. Rivers has the potential to he a monster defensively. South Carolina is in good hands. I would like to see her guard Fudd.

Reaction Score
two points. In practice.

I like Rivers a lot. Changes nothing.

This is pretty cool. She's 6' tall. Obviously the opportunity to do this in a game is very slim. What I take from this is that she could be a very good chase down blocker, as well as a good rebounder from the guard position. Rivers has the potential to he a monster defensively. South Carolina is in good hands. I would like to see her guard Fudd.
I think Rivers will be an elite defender at the college level with her attributes. I can definitely see her or Hall getting that assignment. I would pay to see that matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom