2020-1 roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020-1 roster

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Don't want to be a downer, but Nika Muhl is missing from the chart.

Ugh. How did I miss that one? That's what I get for using the news links from uconnhuskies website.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Coach Auriemma was forced to get creative(overseas, transfer, grad transfer) with his recruiting this year. In future years I would be very surprised if UConn accepted many grad transfers, just not Coach Auriemma's style. I understand times are changing and transfers/grad transfers are becoming very common for most coaches, I just don't see Coach Auriemma following suit.
I think you underestimate Geno's competitiveness and desire to win and I think he has already followed suit and is and has been knee deep in the pursuits of transfers to fill specific needs.
Natalie Butler, Azura Stevens, Batouly Camara, Evelyn Adebayo & Evina Westbrook have all been added to UCONN rosters as transfers. In addition the following players were evaluated by or actually visited UCONN as potential transfers: Stephanie Mavunga, Danni Williams, Sarah Imovbioh, & Anriel Howard.

I also believe that the impact of transfers is being severely underestimated by you and many others here. The last three NCAA championships have been largely decided by impact transfers. South Carolina had both Davis and Gray as starters. ND had Jessica Shepard as the major post cog but also Lili Thompson as a regular rotation guard until she has injured. As has been stated above Baylor doesn't win last year's Championship without Chloe Jackson.
Below the championship level there have also been a few noteworthy impact transfers. While I generally agree that UCONN is not about to start building programs around transfers others programs have used transfers as significant (foundation?) pieces. Lexie Brown did for Duke what not even the very talented Azura Stevens could accomplish by returning Duke to the NCAA tournament. Paris Kea help ended a 4 year streak of UNC not making the NCAA tournament and took down ND in the regular season. Chelsea Dungee led Arkansas on a great NIT run & while a NIT run might sound insignificant, especially on a UCONN WBB board- THAT GIRL IS BADD ASS personified. Erin Boley was a foundation piece of a Oregon FF team- the first in the history of the program.

Impact transfers are a reality of WCBB as Kim Mulkey recently stated. Geno is not about to avoid this new reality. Transfers offers a chance for Geno to compete. Geno will win and eventually master that aspect of WCBB also. In fact he may have already mastered it because one of the highest ranked recruits EVER will be suiting up for UCONN this fall as a transfer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think you underestimate Geno competitiveness and desire to win and I think he has already followed suit and is and has been knee deep in the pursuits of transfers to fill specific needs.
Natalie Butler, Azura Stevens, Batouly Camara, Evelyn Adebayo & Evina Westbrook have all been added to UCONN rosters as transfers. In addition the following players were evaluated by or actually visited UCONN as potential transfers: Stephanie Mavunga, Danni Williams, Sarah Imovbioh, & Anriel Howard.

I also believe that the impact of transfers is being severely underestimated by you and many others here. The last three NCAA championships have been largely decided by impact transfers. South Carolina had both Davis and Gray as starters. ND had Jessica Shepard as the major post cog but also Lili Thompson as a regular rotation guard until she has injured. As has been stated above Baylor doesn't win last year's Championship without Chloe Jackson.
Below the championship level there have also been a few noteworthy impact transfers. While I generally agree that UCONN is not about to start building programs around transfers others programs have used transfers as significant (foundation?) pieces. Lexie Brown did for Duke what not even the very talented Azura Stevens could accomplish by returning Duke to the NCAA tournament. Paris Kea help ended a 4 year streak of UNC not making the NCAA tournament and took down ND in the regular season. Chelsea Dungee led Arkansas on a great NIT run & while a NIT run might sound insignificant, especially on a UCONN WBB board- THAT GIRL IS BADD ASS personified. Erin Boley was a foundation piece of a Oregon FF team- the first in the history of the program.

Impact transfers are a reality of WCBB as Kim Mulkey recently stated. Geno is not about to avoid this new reality. Transfers offers a chance for Geno to compete. Geno will win and eventually master that aspect of WCBB also. In fact he may have already mastered it because one of the highest ranked recruits EVER will be suiting up for UCONN this fall as a transfer.

I was referring to grad-transfers, I can certainly see Auriemma still take on multi-year transfers like Stevens, Butler, Westbrook, etc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was referring to grad-transfers, I can certainly see Auriemma still take on multi-year transfers like Stevens, Butler, Westbrook, etc.
Danni Williams, Sarah Imovbioh, Evelyn Adebayo & Anriel Howard were all grad transfers when Geno evaluated them. Sarah Imovbioh was offered by UCONN before opting to play her senior season at South Carolina. That was in the summer of 2015 fully 4 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom