2019 UConn Commit #4 - Jayce Medlock (DeSoto Tx) | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit #4 - Jayce Medlock (DeSoto Tx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now we are cooking. Like Jackson Mitchell, I dont think its clear yet exactly who he will be used. Is he Tyler Davis or Geremy Davis? No matter, he seems to have a strong upper body to box out and pull the ball in. Looks deceptively difficult to defend, has a large catching radius.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm liking the size on these early commits. Hopefully they are fast, tough, and intelligent as well.

Reaction Score
You know...

Athleticism aside, I liked his tweet thanking his mom and dad for all of the time that they invested in him.

...he sounds like a young man with the kind of character that we all admire in this "me. me. me" age.

Reaction Score
8B9166C7-CD86-465D-8346-74A4A0D2103D.gif

Reaction Score
this is kind of kid we need on UConn football team, not average player from connecticut

Reaction Score
Three-star tight end Jayce Medlock previews his upcoming official visit to UConn

Looks like he's from a bigtime Texas program a nice get for us, good job by Corey Edsall on the trail.

DeSoto is one of the biggest and most successful programs in the DFW area. If he sticks and SMU doesn't poach him, I think you will have a good player. SMU has struggled recruiting DeSoto. As far as the Frisco Lonestar kid who decommitted, don't lose any sleep over that. My kids went to Lonestar and it has become the athletic powerhouse of Frisco. Division 1 kids come out of that school every year and they all go to Big XII schools--at least the highly recruited kids. The only exception I can think if is Shelly who went to Utah and an offensive lineman went to SMU. Oh, and there is a lineman at Harvard. An interesting note for you Boneyarders, the only kid who most of you are intimately familiar with who attended Lonestar is PJ Washington. His dad is who got my son into track and is the reason I am in your part of the world a couple of times a year.

Reaction Score
this is kind of kid we need on UConn football team, not average player from connecticut

No attack here just a difference of opinion.... You go by LoyalFanCT and don't want CT players on the team??? :confused:
I will not compile a list but off the top of my head players like Donald Thomas and Byron Jones were average players from CT. Thomas was actually discovered in a pick up basketball game and played hardly any high school football.
Nobody on the staff is going to recruit what you call the average player. Jayce is a great get for our team and I welcome him aboard just like any player from any state including our own. I get the value of the recruiting hot beds but it should also be realized a good number of CT players have gone on to play in the NFL. A lot of them have not come to UConn but that is no reason to not recruit them.

Reaction Score
No attack here just a difference of opinion.... You go by LoyalFanCT and don't want CT players on the team??? :confused:
I will not compile a list but off the top of my head players like Donald Thomas and Byron Jones were average players from CT. Thomas was actually discovered in a pick up basketball game and played hardly any high school football.
Nobody on the staff is going to recruit what you call the average player. Jayce is a great get for our team and I welcome him aboard just like any player from any state including our own. I get the value of the recruiting hot beds but it should also be realized a good number of CT players have gone on to play in the NFL. A lot of them have not come to UConn but that is no reason to not recruit them.

Completely agree. No one can tell the difference between a 4.4 kid from Texas and one from Connecticut. I remember how excited we were to get a 4-star WR from a Florida football factory and the kid couldn't play. He was completely outplayed by an average Connecticut kid, a walk on, named Marcus Easley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom