2019 UConn Commit #2 - Jackson Mitchell (Ridgefield CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit #2 - Jackson Mitchell (Ridgefield CT)

Reaction Score
Versatility Makes Ridgefield's Mitchell A Coveted Recruit For UConn - The Ruden Report

>>Some schools liked Mitchell with the ball in his hands after seeing the way he racked up yards after the catch as a junior. Others preferred the way he treated opponents in possession of the ball. Mitchell brought a pragmatic view to the process: “Wherever it gets me on the field, I’ll play,” he said. “I like defense because I like to play aggressive.” That approach was one of the reasons Mitchell recently gave a verbal commitment to play at the University of Connecticut. His designated position by the Huskies? Athlete. It is perfectly fitting. “Most schools were looking at me for defense, but for UConn it is both and they are undecided,” Mitchell said.<<

<<“For me it’s hard to say because he started for me on defense as a sophomore and led the state in receptions last year offensively,” Callahan said. “So at the high school level he has been very productive on both sides of the ball. I would say if push came to shove and because of his mentality he is probably a defensive player. He plays very aggressive and very hard. He’s a physical kid, he stands up to people he plays against. He can definitely be finesse but he likes to get after it a little bit.”<<

>>“They stayed on him well,” Ridgefield coach Kevin Callahan said. “They contacted Jackson and his parents almost on a daily basis. They loved to have him in camp and saw he could do well on both sides of the ball, so they are titling him an athlete. I think Jackson at the bottom of his heart was thinking UConn all along, and all of a sudden after talking to all these schools you get the offer from the one you fell in love with in the first place, so I think he wanted to get on it.”<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looks like he already has a man’s body. Excited to see him lineup for us

Reaction Score
Great hands. Good size. Always thought of him as a WR. Made some nice catches the one time I saw him. Probably wasn’t paying much attention to him on D.
watching the HUDL film, I like him on D.
2 years from now, as a RS frosh, with somd growth, can def see him at LB. love this kid!
Prototypical Edsall recruit. Watch him grow and improve!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom