2019 UConn Commit #2 - Jackson Mitchell (Ridgefield CT) | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit #2 - Jackson Mitchell (Ridgefield CT)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m thinking he plays OLB, Husky LB or Safety, but that depends just how much more he physically develops.

Good to get some instate talent. A good player like Mitchell might get more of those top 20 instate kids to reconsider.

Reaction Score
Great hands. Good size. Always thought of him as a WR. Made some nice catches the one time I saw him. Probably wasn’t paying much attention to him on D.
watching the HUDL film, I like him on D.
2 years from now, as a RS frosh, with somd growth, can def see him at LB. love this kid!

Reaction Score
Great hands. Good size. Always thought of him as a WR. Made some nice catches the one time I saw him. Probably wasn’t paying much attention to him on D.
watching the HUDL film, I like him on D.
2 years from now, as a RS frosh, with somd growth, can def see him at LB. love this kid!
He's a huge get for UConn. I'm surprised he didn't have any ACC or B1G offers. Saw him play last year and the year before, was a man among boys on the field even as a sophomore. Seems bigger than what they list him at. I would keep him on offense at WR or TE, he has great hands, never saw him drop or fumble a pass in the five or six games I saw him in. Mitchell and Gatto might of been the best one two QB WR tandem in the state.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He's a huge get for UConn. I'm surprised he didn't have any ACC or B1G offers. Saw him play last year and the year before, was a man among boys on the field even as a sophomore. Seems bigger than what they list him at. I would keep him on offense at WR or TE, he has great hands, never saw him drop or fumble a pass in the five or six games I saw him in. Mitchell and Gatto might of been the best one two QB WR tandem in the state.

I'm just not sure he has enough juke and break away ability to play WR at FBS. Looking at the offer sheet this cycle we seem to be consistently aiming for guys with 4.4. to 4.5 speed if under 6 ft or guys 6'3'' + that are 4.6 type runners. That said, I could be under estimating his heart at WR. He does have great hands and can get some YAC even though he's more of a straight line runner.

All in all, he is a bit of a physical specimen already. The potential is there.

Reaction Score
I'm just not sure he has enough juke and break away ability to play WR at FBS. Looking at the offer sheet this cycle we seem to be consistently aiming for guys with 4.4. to 4.5 speed if under 6 ft or guys 6'3'' + that are 4.6 type runners. That said, I could be under estimating his heart at WR. He does have great hands and can get some YAC even though he's more of a straight line runner.

All in all, he is a bit of a physical specimen already. The potential is there.
His size is almost exactly the same as Geremy Davis, who also didn’t have breakaway speed. If you can be reliable catching the ball at that size, there’s always a place for you on a college team.

Reaction Score
Nice to see a kid from my hometown committing to UConn. It's been a longtime since a RHS Tiger played football at UConn.

Reaction Score
This is a great get. It's nice to get some of the top CIAC talent when we're after it.

Reaction Score
Fuller: Ridgefield All-State receiver Jackson Mitchell commits to UConn

>>The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Mitchell caught 80 passes for 1,124 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior to go along with 38 tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and three interceptions on defense while playing three of his 10 games against two state championship teams and another to reach the state title game. Mitchell had 16 catches for 254 yards and three touchdowns in a 38-35 loss to eventual Class S champion St. Joseph and also had 210 receiving yards and three TDs in a 55-8 win over Fairfield Warde.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom