2019 Summer Program begins... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 Summer Program begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slightly OT, when does fall camp start? I see there's an open practice August 4th so would assume a few days/a week before then?

I believe July30th/July 31st/Aug 1st - just not 100% sure which is report date versus first practice.

Reaction Score
Yes, that’s what Chief was referring to a week ago.
Unrelated observation - that Haynes is a tough dude. Expect him to be very good.

Predict the position and you get half credit.
Ignore this post and get none

Reaction Score
Unsure if this was already discussed in this convoluted thread or not, but during this AAC Media pre 2019 season event, Edsall discussed with one of the reporters (or more probably) that we're looking to bring in one more 4 year player and not a grad transfer before this season starts. Anybody have any thoughts on who we might be looking at? Or is it a kid that is already enrolled but just needs to get some eligibility issues cleared? My thought is, for the later question, could it be getting a kid like Jaylen Jones eligible to play now. We were recruiting him last year and he supposedly ended up at Air Force.. Now, when you look at the current roster, he's listed.

If not him, then who on God's Earth, this late in the game could we be possibly be trying to bring in as a 4 year player?

Reaction Score
Unsure if this was already discussed in this convoluted thread or not, but during this AAC Media pre 2019 season event, Edsall discussed with one of the reporters (or more probably) that we're looking to bring in one more 4 year player and not a grad transfer before this season starts. Anybody have any thoughts on who we might be looking at? Or is it a kid that is already enrolled but just needs to get some eligibility issues cleared? My thought is, for the later question, could it be getting a kid like Jaylen Jones eligible to play now. We were recruiting him last year and he supposedly ended up at Air Force.. Now, when you look at the current roster, he's listed.

If not him, then who on God's Earth, this late in the game could we be possibly be trying to bring in as a 4 year player?
Lots of options. Could be a player who was considering a prep year and the coaches are trying to change his mind. We've had Canadians enroll late (thinking Ganyi last year). Even Mensah was a summer addition, although I don't think he was this late in the summer.

Reaction Score
Lots of options. Could be a player who was considering a prep year and the coaches are trying to change his mind. We've had Canadians enroll late (thinking Ganyi last year). Even Mensah was a summer addition, although I don't think he was this late in the summer.

Yup - Mensah announced 6/16/17...

Could also be an NCAA Clearinghouse delay.

Reaction Score
Geez, they only get a month to get all the new guys, players that have switched positions and everything else organized and on one page before the season starts? UCONN DO IT!!

Reaction Score
Not sure if I'm optimistic 'cause there is much more on the upside than downside or pessimistic 'cause we have so far to go just to be god awful (on defense anyway).
Guess I'll go with optimistic. No "execution" excuses HCRE2.0, this, year 3, is on you. Make opponents play the entire 60 minutes, play smart, get some luck and win a FEW (not 1) games.

Reaction Score
I expect the defense will be better because the personnel should be better. This assumes that the upper class additions are better than those who left, plus those remaining are a year more mature mentally and physically. Unfortunately being better might not be enough to be competitive because they were historically awful last year. We will see but I’m hopeful.

Offense is actually a bigger question mark for me. It will all hinge on what kind of production we get out of the quarterback position. If the person winning the job can execute a more effective passing offense than last year, opponents won’t be able to pack the box. This will make the running game effective. I have no clue about this right now because all I’ve seen is Steven Krajewski as a true freshman.

Reaction Score
If QB can spread it around just a little and we don't beat ourselves the offense should be solid. New RB is going to help a ton. And I finally like where we are on the OL.

Defense is wait and see how the kids have grown. Hopefully a lot.

Reaction Score
It’s impossible to be worse than last year, so things are looking up. The game remains 50% heart and brain, so if we can get a few early breaks this could propel us to a surprisingly fruitful season. If we catch some bad breaks early, expect a very long season... again.

Reaction Score
3, maybe 4, victories this year. The O will ride a solid line and I think we'll see a significant leap forward from the defense. The turn-around has begun.

Reaction Score
With the Oline being on year 3 of the same 4 players I’m expecting the best this year from that group. Once Peart and Leone leave I might start to worry again but for this year I’m good with our starting 5....and going to enjoy what they can do to protect our QB .. whoever that may be..

Reaction Score
With the Oline being on year 3 of the same 4 players I’m expecting the best this year from that group. Once Peart and Leone leave I might start to worry again but for this year I’m good with our starting 5....and going to enjoy what they can do to protect our QB .. whoever that may be..

This is the BIGGEST reason for optimism. If Beaudry can mix in a passing game ... your big unknown ... you’ve got an Offense.

Reaction Score
When should we expect the updated roster to appear? That's about all we're getting in the next 4 weeks...other than the Aug 4th open practice... It'd be nice to see the gains some of our young pups have made.. We were EXTREMELY slight (to put it mildly) at key positions in terms of size, let alone experience...

Reaction Score
When should we expect the updated roster to appear? That's about all we're getting in the next 4 weeks...other than the Aug 4th open practice... It'd be nice to see the gains some of our young pups have made.. We were EXTREMELY slight (to put it mildly) at key positions in terms of size, let alone experience...

I know you’re gonna look every 15 minutes

From last year, it was immediately after the AAC Media Day. Many programs handed out Depth Charts in Newport. Putterman (isn’t that a Great Seinfeld name) probably has it. Should be now. When we know when the weigh in was - Dairy Bar day

Reaction Score
I know you’re gonna look every 15 minutes

From last year, it was immediately after the AAC Media Day. Many programs handed out Depth Charts in Newport. Putterman (isn’t that a Great Seinfeld name) probably has it. Should be now. When we know when the weigh in was - Dairy Bar day
You're right... I've been looking... It's a part of us improving from the last few(heck more than several) years of futility...

Reaction Score
An ok OL helps a lot, a very good OL helps a whole lot, a great OL wins games. Matt, time to show what you got.

QB passes well enough to keep defenses honest, OL run blocks (no false starts, looking at LB's slipping by while blocking no one, knocking snot out of opposing DL) and keeps defense off field; could win some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom