2019 Recruiting Thread

His scholarship was pulled from what I was told as UConn was only going to take one back and that was the senior transfer Thompkins.
At an earlier point in time, wavering Smith's prospective offer may have been pulled. Given Toledo grad transfer Thompkins only has one year of eligibility, the "UConn was only going to take one back" tale sounds dubious at best. For each academic class, perhaps we're also to believe every BCS program does not typically sign at least 1 RB. :rolleyes:

At an earlier point in time, wavering Smith's prospective offer may have been pulled. Given Toledo grad transfer Thompkins only has one year of eligibility, the "UConn was only going to take one back" tale sounds dubious at best. For each academic class, perhaps we're also to believe every BCS program does not typically sign at least 1 RB. :rolleyes:
Go look at Exit 4’s roster chart which is in the Football section. He lists Edsall’s ideal roster by position. For RBs, UConn has 6 scholarship athletes and Edsall’s ideal roster has 5. So, I do think after Tompkins committed, we were done recruiting RBs.

If that’s the case, Embry Riddle might be the next Bama

My middle son graduated from Embry-Riddle in 1984. During that time there were many African and Middle East students attending. They h ave gone downhill some since 911. I worked for a privately owned company in Essex that sent instructors to homes teach instrument tracing. Was the a great company to work for, under 10 employees in the office and everyone was great to work with. I enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately they did not survive long after 911 either. Very sad.

Go look at Exit 4’s roster chart which is in the Football section. He lists Edsall’s ideal roster by position. For RBs, UConn has 6 scholarship athletes and Edsall’s ideal roster has 5. So, I do think after Tompkins committed, we were done recruiting RBs.
Yes, noted previously. From the timing of the pulled scholarship, the reasoning remains reasonably questionable. Smith's a non-entity now, Thompkins is our one-year option, and a few RB's will be a heightened focus in next 12 months.

By my count/running list - UConn offered (known) 132 student athletes in total for the Class of 2019. 20 committed to the Huskies and 2 remain uncommitted at this point in time.

The breakdown by conference of where the 110 kids UConn offered but didn't land committed to:

ACC - 28
Big 10 - 23
Big 12 - 15
SEC - 11
CUSA - 8
AAC - 5
PAC 12 - 4
MWC - 4
CAA (FCS) - 3 (2 Villanova/1 W&M)
Sunbelt - 2
Indep. - 2 (1 ND/1 Liberty)
Patriot (FCS) - 1 (Fordham)
Ivy (FCS)- 1 (Dartmouth)
Southland (FCS) - 1 (Sam Houston State)
Southern (FCS) - 1 (UT-Chattanooga)
D2 - 1 (Lindenwood University

For reference:
* In 2015 there where 143 known offers extended
* In 2016 there where 125 known offers extended
* In 2017 which was the Diaco/Edsall split class there were 118 known offers extended
* In 2018 there were 174 known offers extended.

Exit 4

This space for rent
FWIW - I know of a HS prospect who was told UConn was only taking one RB this cycle. The kid believed he was next if Thompkins didn’t accept.

FWIW - I know of a HS prospect who was told UConn was only taking one RB this cycle. The kid believed he was next if Thompkins didn’t accept.
OK, potential further confirmation Smith's offer was pulled independent of Thompkins being offered and as uconnbill's suggests apparently only one spot was ever being allocated for some RB. Someday, UConn's ideally signing at least 1 to ideally 2 RBs every single recruiting signing period.

I been watching this kid for a while and he has me stumped... he’s followed by Mike Z (mutual), Harris (mutual), Wholley (mutual), DDC (mutual) Julius Williams (mutual) and he also follows Edsall. He also runs w/ the Supreme Athlete crowd. He has offers from Cornell, Fordham, Yale and Michigan (probably a PWO by now). You’d think he be worth a shot based on the Edsall previous love of kids w/ wrestling background and the number of high end kids Supreme (and Suffield Academy) pumps out annually). Just one of those things that make ya go hmmm...

I been watching this kid for a while and he has me stumped... he’s followed by Mike Z (mutual), Harris (mutual), Wholley (mutual), DDC (mutual) Julius Williams (mutual) and he also follows Edsall. He also runs w/ the Supreme Athlete crowd. He has offers from Cornell, Fordham, Yale and Michigan (probably a PWO by now). You’d think he be worth a shot based on the Edsall previous love of kids w/ wrestling background and the number of high end kids Supreme (and Suffield Academy) pumps out annually). Just one of those things that make ya go hmmm...

Can he do another PG season @ Suffield? Maybe we'd have a spot for him this time next year. He can enroll and be ready for Spring practice in 2020

Seems like he gets stood up and pushed back quite a bit without being double teamed. However, he also seems agile and moves well off blocks so maybe he just needs more strength to compete at the FBS level and that could be fixed.