2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score

Malachi Burby is a 6-3 230lb DE who transferred/reclassified from Berlin High School to Cheshire Academy for the upcoming year. He has been a frequent visitor to UConn.

Highlights

Storrs Central‏ @StorrsCentral 2h 2 hours ago
2019 LB Malachi Burby, from @CAFightingCats, discusses his offer from #UConn

>>"I love the coaches they made me feel like I was at home. I like the fact that if I were to commit I would get an amazing education. I like the facilities a lot. I like that they are recruiting a lot of in state athletes to help turn the program around. I know that with the coaching staff that they have they will do great things,” Burby said.<<

Reaction Score

>>Chalmers went on to talk about what he knows about UConn and the Huskies football program. "They have a new coaching staff and they want to turn the program around and become one of the top teams in the AAC. Coach Edsall put the program on the map several years ago and is looking to make UConn a winning program once again,” said Chalmers.

Chalmers is done with the camp circuit for the time being, but does have a couple of game visits planned for the near future. "No more camps this summer, focus is on the HS season. I am definitely looking forward to attending a UConn game and experience the vibe and atmosphere.<<

Reaction Score
Trey Dawson on the move again...
>>NJ.com: Impact moves: 8 notable H.S. football transfers that will affect the Super Conference
Class of '19 QB Trey Dawson
Former school: Sacred Heart (C.T.)
New school: Pope John
Rivals rating: N/R
NJ.com Top 50 rank: N/R
Height/Weight: 6-foot-5, 204 pounds
Offers: No offers as of yet, though has been receiving interest from a number of high-profile Division I programs, according to Rivals.

TREY DAWSON'S PLAYER PAGE
Breakdown: Dawson does not have experience playing North Jersey football, but he does arrive to Pope John already with two years starting experience under center at Sacred Heart where he was asked to do a lot and had success. Starting as a freshman in 2015, Dawson threw for 2,305 yards on 54 percent passing (196-for-360) with 14 TDs. In 2016, he improved in all aspects and threw for 3,272 yards on 63 percent passing (233-for-366) with 31 TDs. After throwing 19 INTs his freshman year, Dawson cut that number to just 9 as a sophomore, as Sacred Heart finished with a 7-4 mark.<<

Reaction Score
Rudolph/Wilson:

>>2019 Marquis Wilson (Avon Old Farms - CT): "I was doing good all camp long and at the end was 7v7, I caught 5 picks. So coach Edsall told me before I leave he wants me and my family to meet him in his office. It felt different from the others for sure, especially coming from my home state."<<

>>2019 ATH Tyler Rudolph (St. Thomas More - CT): "It felt amazing getting offered from my home state school, it was an amazing feeling. I like everything about UConn. The coaches, the facilities, just everything there is amazing. He said that he would love if I came to UConn and be a part of the rebuilding process especially being from the state."<<

TR‏ @Tylerrudolph01 17m 17 minutes ago
Blessed to receive an offer from Temple University #OOUU19 #TempleTuff

Armani‏ @MarquisArmani 6m 6 minutes ago
Excited to have received an offer from Temple University #oou19 #TakeFl19T

Reaction Score
2019 UConn Offer List:
  1. Nyquee Hawkins (WR/CB) - Orange High School, Orange New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing)
  3. Bryce Sebastian (RB/DB/Athlete) - Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing)
  4. Jayln Philips (Safety) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville GA
  5. Paul Tyson (QB) - Hewitt-Trussville High School, Trussville Alabama
  6. Aaron Beasley (RB/Safety) - Bowdon High School, Bowdon Georgia
  7. John Olmstead (OL/DL) - St. Joseph High School, Metuchen New Jersey
  8. Treyson Potts (RB/DB) - Williamsport High School, Williamsport PA
  9. Nick Gallo (TE/DE) - Council Rock South High School, Holland PA
  10. Aaron Young (RB) - Coatesville Area Senior High School, Coatesville PA
  11. Jason Blissett Jr. (DE/OT) - Poly Prep Country Day School, Brooklyn New York
  12. Lewis Cine (DB) - Everett High School in Everett, MA
  13. Asim Richards (DE/TE) - The Haverford School, Haverford PA
  14. Prince-Elijah Degroat (DB) - Curtis High School, Staten Island New York
  15. Tyler Rudolph (WR/DB) - from Waterbury attending St Thomas More School, Oakdale CT
  16. Marquis Wilson (DB/WR) from Windsor CT attending Avon Old Farms, Avon CT
  17. Cornelius Johnson (WR) - Brunswick School, Greenwich CT
  18. Malachi Burby (DE) from Berlin CT attending Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  19. Elijah Wroten (DL/OL) - Germantown Academy Fort Washington,PA
  20. Chayce Chalmers (Safety/WR) - Stonewall Jackson High School, Manassas Virginia

Rivals Class of 2019 Top 250 list (could have missed someone):

OL John Olmstead (St. Joe's Metuchen) - No. 59
DB Nyquee Hawkins (Orange) - No. 172

Reaction Score
Rivals 2019 CT Top 5
  1. Ibrahim Kamara ATH - Franklin High School in Somerset, NJ > (Transferring into Cheshire Academy this year)
  2. Tyler Rudolph ATH - St. Thomas More in Oakdale, CT (UConn Offer)
  3. Taisun Phommachanh QB Harding High School Bridgeport Ct (Transferred to Avon Old Farm (UConn Offer)
  4. Marquis Wilson DB - Windsor CT attending Avon Old Farm, Avon CT (UConn Offer)
  5. Cornelius Johnson WR - Brunswick High School Greenwich CT (UConn Offer)

Reaction Score
Keith Winfrey is a 6-3 230lb DE from William Floyd HS in Mastic Beach, NY.

Reaction Score
>>NJ.com: Impact moves: 8 notable H.S. football transfers that will affect the Super Conference
Class of '19 QB Trey Dawson
Former school: Sacred Heart (C.T.)
New school: Pope John
Rivals rating: N/R
NJ.com Top 50 rank: N/R
Height/Weight: 6-foot-5, 204 pounds
Offers: No offers as of yet, though has been receiving interest from a number of high-profile Division I programs, according to Rivals.

TREY DAWSON'S PLAYER PAGE
Breakdown: Dawson does not have experience playing North Jersey football, but he does arrive to Pope John already with two years starting experience under center at Sacred Heart where he was asked to do a lot and had success. Starting as a freshman in 2015, Dawson threw for 2,305 yards on 54 percent passing (196-for-360) with 14 TDs. In 2016, he improved in all aspects and threw for 3,272 yards on 63 percent passing (233-for-366) with 31 TDs. After throwing 19 INTs his freshman year, Dawson cut that number to just 9 as a sophomore, as Sacred Heart finished with a 7-4 mark.<<
Trey Dawson on the move again...

Interesting... Sacred Heart to Pope John NJ to Paramus Catholic NJ back to Sacred Heart?

Brass City Films‏ @rdm203 10m 10 minutes ago
QB Trey Dawson is returning to Sacred Heart. Should see action Thursday night vs Oxford.

Reaction Score
Sounds like an offer to me..

Hayden Rucci is a 6-4 215lb (Hudl sez 230) TE/LB/DE from Warwick High School in Lititz PA. Other offers from Duke, Indiana, Michigan St, Minnesota, Northwestern, Syracuse UVA, Wake Forest, WVA, Wisconsin and BC.

Week 3 Highlights

Penn State Legacy >The son of Stacy Rucci, a Division I First Team All-American in field hockey at Penn State, and Todd Rucci, a second-round NFL Draft pick by the New England Patriots after playing for the late Joe Paterno and the Lions in the early 1990s, it's not hard to see where his athleticism comes from.<<

Reaction Score
so, while a long shot to get a New Canaan kid, is it true that we havent offered Conley?

Reaction Score
so, while a long shot to get a New Canaan kid, is it true that we havent offered Conley?

Haven't seen anything public but there is mutual interest all over Twitter (7 UConn coaches/staff being followed/following including Lashlee/Grimes.) Only public offer is BC (June).

Reaction Score
Cheshire Academy DE Burby and other Class of 2019 going to ECU game:

Reaction Score

Spencer Lytle is a 6-4 200lb LB/TE/HB from Servite High School in Anaheim CA. Other offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado, , Colorado St, Fordham, Hawaii, Indiana, Penn, Pitt, San Jose State, UCLA, UNLV, Utah St and WMU.

First 4 Games of 2017 Highlights

Reaction Score
2019 UConn Offer List:
  1. Nyquee Hawkins (WR/CB) - Orange High School, Orange New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing)
  3. Bryce Sebastian (RB/DB/Athlete) - Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing)
  4. Jayln Philips (Safety) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville GA
  5. Paul Tyson (QB) - Hewitt-Trussville High School, Trussville Alabama
  6. Aaron Beasley (RB/Safety) - Bowdon High School, Bowdon Georgia
  7. John Olmstead (OL/DL) - St. Joseph High School, Metuchen New Jersey
  8. Treyson Potts (RB/DB) - Williamsport High School, Williamsport PA
  9. Nick Gallo (TE/DE) - Council Rock South High School, Holland PA
  10. Aaron Young (RB) - Coatesville Area Senior High School, Coatesville PA
  11. Jason Blissett Jr. (DE/OT) - Poly Prep Country Day School, Brooklyn New York
  12. Lewis Cine (DB) - Everett High School in Everett, MA
  13. Asim Richards (DE/TE) - The Haverford School, Haverford PA
  14. Prince-Elijah Degroat (DB) - Curtis High School, Staten Island New York
  15. Tyler Rudolph (WR/DB) - from Waterbury attending St Thomas More School, Oakdale CT
  16. Marquis Wilson (DB/WR) from Windsor CT attending Avon Old Farms, Avon CT
  17. Cornelius Johnson (WR) - Brunswick School, Greenwich CT
  18. Malachi Burby (DE) from Berlin CT attending Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  19. Elijah Wroten (DL/OL) - Germantown Academy Fort Washington,PA
  20. Chayce Chalmers (Safety/WR) - Stonewall Jackson High School, Manassas Virginia
  21. Hayden Rucci (TE/LB/DE) - Warwick High School, Lititz PA
  22. Spencer Lytle (LB/TE/HB) - Servite High School in Anaheim CA

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

Spencer Lytle is a 6-4 200lb LB/TE/HB from Servite High School in Anaheim CA. Other offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado, , Colorado St, Fordham, Hawaii, Indiana, Penn, Pitt, San Jose State, UCLA, UNLV, Utah St and WMU.

First 4 Games of 2017 Highlights

looks like the corey edsall connection continues

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom