2019 recruiting summary | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 recruiting summary

Reaction Score
I suspect some of those other programs - even if the recruit told them about her silent verbal - would encourage the visit and appreciate the opportunity to make their pitch.

perhaps............I remember that there were some here that thought Aston kept whispering in Charli Collier's ear well after she verballed to UConn..................

Reaction Score
I suspect some of those other programs - even if the recruit told them about her silent verbal - would encourage the visit and appreciate the opportunity to make their pitch.
Happens all the time in football and men's BB. The boys tend to be a little more impressionable and the coaches know it. They're always convinced they can flip them. Plus they get the opportunity to bring out the secret bennies that could turn them. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That appears to be the list of 4. Somewhere along the line, the involvement with Amihere dropped off. I don't know when or why, but we heard nothing on her for months. Lately, we've heard about her visits elsewhere.

Boston will visit with her parents in late October or early November--her final visit. She'll be part of the 3 x 3 U-17 team (with Brunelle, Buckers, and Van Lith) representing the U.S. in Argentina in mid-October. We have the advantages of geographic proximity to her aunt in Boston, Mass. (parents are in the V.I.), immediate opportunities, great coaching, and familiarity (Aliyah has attended several games). She's an imposing post presence, almost like Tina Charles, at least on the defensive end.

Griffin visits with Horston this coming weekend. Aubrey's father has said UConn is her "dream school." She's another Ossining player. She has had long involvement with Louisville and has added a couple of others to her list including Mississippi State, where her Ossining teammate Andi Espinosa-Hunter is now attending. Aubrey's ranking has jumped, and she was one of the last 4 cuts on the U-17 team. Geno hadn't seen her play post injury; when she put up multiple 40-point games in front of him, she got an offer.

Horston is visiting this coming weekend. We got involved with Jordan fairly late, but got her attention. She says she wants to be coached up. She was the MVP/MOP in the U-17 tourney. She has a rare combination of length, quickness, and skills. At about 6'1", she looks like Magic Johnson at PG. She can also play wing and is an excellent rebounder. She's now #2 in her class.

Haley Jones visited this summer on her own dime and will return for the Super Show/First Night, which is always a good sign. She plays for powerhouse Archbishop Mitty, about 30 miles south of the Stanford campus. Haley is very versatile and ranked #1 in her class. She was also on the U-17 all-tourney team. Like Horston, she is a good student. Geno understandably loves her.

Worst case scenario is that we strike out, but I think that is highly unlikely. There are credible rumors of a silent verbal. I think that Boston and Griffin are likely. I think we also get either Jones or Horston. I'd be happy with any 3 of that group, though Boston fills the most pressing need--size. If we get a small class, don't fret--Geno thinks the 2020 kids are even better. Personally, I want all four. Haley and Jordan have shown that they can play together.

Nice summary.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't by the silent deal story..no reason to travel far and wide if you're 100% certain you're coming to UConn...if you're not 100% certain, why make the silent deal in the first place?
You don't WHAT the silent deal?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, certainly we will get one of them. Jasmine has got to start proving her worth. She'll get a couple of them to come to UConn. Right?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, certainly we will get one of them. Jasmine has got to start proving her worth. She'll get a couple of them to come to UConn. Right?
Jas is our secret weapon. All the high school kids can relate to her.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-11.38.54-PM.png

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
one year of doom is a certainly a possibility especially with UConn being late to the party for both Griffin and Horston...I'll be thrilled with Boston and one of the other three....getting three of the four would be extraordinary and getting all four would be simply astounding..my prediction is Boston and Griffin to UConn but that's a hopeful guess....
So, what's the Charliebball grading system?
0-4: We are doomed!
1-4: Mediocre ("Acceptable" if the one is Boston)
2-4: Acceptable ("Thrilling" if one of the two is Boston)
3-4: Extraordinary (provided one of the four is Boston)
4-4: Astounding

Other adjectives are welcomed.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
That appears to be the list of 4. Somewhere along the line, the involvement with Amihere dropped off. I don't know when or why, but we heard nothing on her for months. Lately, we've heard about her visits elsewhere.

Boston will visit with her parents in late October or early November--her final visit. She'll be part of the 3 x 3 U-17 team (with Brunelle, Buckers, and Van Lith) representing the U.S. in Argentina in mid-October. We have the advantages of geographic proximity to her aunt in Boston, Mass. (parents are in the V.I.), immediate opportunities, great coaching, and familiarity (Aliyah has attended several games). She's an imposing post presence, almost like Tina Charles, at least on the defensive end.

Griffin visits with Horston this coming weekend. Aubrey's father has said UConn is her "dream school." She's another Ossining player. She has had long involvement with Louisville and has added a couple of others to her list including Mississippi State, where her Ossining teammate Andi Espinosa-Hunter is now attending. Aubrey's ranking has jumped, and she was one of the last 4 cuts on the U-17 team. Geno hadn't seen her play post injury; when she put up multiple 40-point games in front of him, she got an offer.

Horston is visiting this coming weekend. We got involved with Jordan fairly late, but got her attention. She says she wants to be coached up. She was the MVP/MOP in the U-17 tourney. She has a rare combination of length, quickness, and skills. At about 6'1", she looks like Magic Johnson at PG. She can also play wing and is an excellent rebounder. She's now #2 in her class.

Haley Jones visited this summer on her own dime and will return for the Super Show/First Night, which is always a good sign. She plays for powerhouse Archbishop Mitty, about 30 miles south of the Stanford campus. Haley is very versatile and ranked #1 in her class. She was also on the U-17 all-tourney team. Like Horston, she is a good student. Geno understandably loves her.

Worst case scenario is that we strike out, but I think that is highly unlikely. There are credible rumors of a silent verbal. I think that Boston and Griffin are likely. I think we also get either Jones or Horston. I'd be happy with any 3 of that group, though Boston fills the most pressing need--size. If we get a small class, don't fret--Geno thinks the 2020 kids are even better. Personally, I want all four. Haley and Jordan have shown that they can play together.
I don't know if your optimism is warranted but I share your greed. As always, good stuff.

Reaction Score
So, what's the Charliebball grading system?
0-4: We are doomed!
1-4: Mediocre ("Acceptable" if the one is Boston)
2-4: Acceptable ("Thrilling" if one of the two is Boston)
3-4: Extraordinary (provided one of the four is Boston)
4-4: Astounding

Other adjectives are welcomed.

those adjectives wouldn't be a comment on the players themselves just the quality of the recruiting process for 2019......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
there is going to be much playing time to be had so no top recruit can use the possible lack of court time as a reason to look elsewhere....
Though Zia Cooke said UConn is full.

Reaction Score
That is because she knows something we don't. Probably those committing to UConn have let her know and are counting on her keeping it to herself. Right?

or perhaps there was just no room at the inn for her..........

Reaction Score
Anyone care to give a quickie version of who UConn is in the running for, now that we're <2 months for the early signing period.

Nan's list has:
  • Amihere - Cat says she's not being recruited anymore
  • PN11 ESPN3 Boston
  • Brunelle - verbal to ND
  • Correa - verbal to WV
  • PN91 ESPN33 Griffin
  • PN2 ESPN2 Horston
  • PN1 ESPN1 Jones
  • Osborne - verbal to UCLA
Raoul's list has those 4 as well with Griffin & Horston making an OV on 9/21
Any additons/subtractions?
I would hope Amihere is not out of the picture. I saw videos of her and was very impressed. I believe she has a 6 ft 4 inch sophomore sister who is projected to be very good. Some school can be dominant in recruiting within a certain state but if Uconn could get and develop Amihere they could dominate recruiting in an entire country (Canada), and Canada is starting to turn out very good talent on both the men's and women's fronts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom