2019 recruit Sam Brunelle... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 recruit Sam Brunelle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
OK ......so I exaggerated a wee bit for effect!!!......:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I was remembering your post from a while back:

In the past week she has had these stat lines:

41 points, 22 rebounds, 6 blocks

52 points, 26 rebounds, 5 blocks

She's not getting those numbers against my daughter's NJ high school team.....although she might get close
Where is she playing ball at this time of year?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Having watched her many times in AAU ball I can confidently declare that the rebound numbers are about quality of competition and teammates. She's just an ok rebounder. But the scoring skills are legit, and she can pass too.
UCONN will need her scoring ability to replace KLS who would have departed UCONN before she arrives. Worry about the rebounding later.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UCONN will need her scoring ability to replace KLS who would have departed UCONN before she arrives. Worry about the rebounding later.
Kaleena replaced Maya. Lou replaced Kaleena. Sam will replace Lou. I like it!

Reaction Score
Samantha Brunelle ‏@babybruney33 6m6 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
Thank you @GamecockWBB for having me this weekend #GoCocks

Nikki Mccray, dawnstaley, Haley Troup and GamecockWBB
CwBD3jOXgAEw7LM.jpg

Reaction Score
A great comparison....let's hope this one decides to spend all four years in Ct...
I don't think Sam has a disabled sister at home--that needs her undivided attention.
When Sam makes her choice---it will be HER choice---.
If not UConn or JMU (not likely)--She could make UVa into something much greater--a building block if you will.

Reaction Score
\

She's not getting those numbers against my daughter's NJ high school team.....although she might get close

When presenting stats on a H>S> young lady--it is important as your last sentence suggests--that we remember --the competition and the size/talent she plays against. But the local footage of Sam's prowess seems to suggest she is the REAL DEAL--Question is how real???

Reaction Score
\

When presenting stats on a H>S> young lady--it is important as your last sentence suggests--that we remember --the competition and the size/talent she plays against. But the local footage of Sam's prowess seems to suggest she is the REAL DEAL--Question is how real???

Reaction Score
I don't think Sam has a disabled sister at home--that needs her undivided attention.
When Sam makes her choice---it will be HER choice---.
If not UConn or JMU (not likely)--She could make UVa into something much greater--a building block if you will.
UVA would be nice. I'd love to see them back on the national scene - it's been a long time.

Reaction Score
UVA would be nice. I'd love to see them back on the national scene - it's been a long time.
UVa with the new (Debbies successor) I thought did very well--as I said--if they could get a Sam type player--they could build (again) --
Frankly--I like UVa and their game--they win some games I thought they'd lose-and lost games I thought they'd win. It makes for an interesting fan sport. Much like the old time UConn Men--whom the press labeled the Cardiac Kids--Flying high one game- down below in the next.
From a selfish point of view---I'd like to see home and home's with Uconn vs UVa.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She can't go to South Carolina. Nikki McCray is the coach that shrieks like she's being murdered during the games.

She's been here twice unofficially already. She probably likes the shrieking! ;)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I like what I see from Sam, and I hope to see her in a UConn's uniform.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Samuelson, Collier, Stevens, and Dangerfield. Williams, if she gets the chance to play her right position. They all have the ability to become All Americans, imo.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
She was in Columbia last weekend for the USC/Tennessee game. Maybe this will be our next head-to-head recruiting matchup?

Reaction Score
She was in Columbia last weekend for the USC/Tennessee game. Maybe this will be our next head-to-head recruiting matchup?
Maybe she'll come to see the USC Uconn game at Gampel. That would be a good way to assist her to make her decision.

Reaction Score
Maybe she'll come to see the USC Uconn game at Gampel. That would be a good way to assist her to make her decision.
Unless South Carolina wins, then it's a bad way to assist her decision.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting that Brenda was also at the game. I get the feeling, just like with Megan Walker, another VA kid is going to disappoint Brenda when it's all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom