2019 recruit Sam Brunelle... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 recruit Sam Brunelle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
......and they're still late in their offer behind a lot of other programs that have already offered. Call me greedy, but I'd love to see Collier and Brunelle in a UConn uniform in the near future.

No doubt UConn will have to lobby against the usual cast of characters for her services between now and the time she's ready to verbal. No doubt she'll remain the number 1 rated player in the 2019 class. Being #1 draws a lot of attention and interest. :rolleyes:

Very late... but this is UConn we're talking about, they can afford to have top recruits wait on them. Guarantee UConn makes her top 5 even though a lot of the usual suspects offered a year ago.

Reaction Score
Very late... but this is UConn we're talking about, they can afford to have top recruits wait on them. Guarantee UConn makes her top 5 even though a lot of the usual suspects offered a year ago.
The offer is later than others, but Uconn's showed strong interest in the two much earlier. Typically, Uconn waits to offer until a recruit visits campus.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

UConn was late with Kia Nurse. We know how that worked out. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The offer is later than others, but Uconn's showed strong interest in the two much earlier. Typically, Uconn waits to offer until a recruit visits campus.

OK, that makes sense. That's one of the many in-house procedural/protocol recruitment matters I don't know anything about. There's obviously a reason for that. We all understand how fluid "offers" can be. Especially if/when you have more offers out to potential recruits than you have scholarships for. I have all of the faith in the world in Geno and his staff. They have proven many times over that they know what they are doing. That being said, I'd still like to see BOTH of them matriculate to Storrs to continue their formal education. That would be a win-win.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Apparently, Class of 2019 Anaya Peoples is also visiting your fair campus this weekend. Peoples is a highly rated, 5'10" PG from Illinois. Flying Artichoke has reported that she knows 2018 ND commit Katlyn Gilbert (possibly plays summer ball with her?). I've liked what I've read and seen...pushes the ball. (Unfortunately, the Irish need a PG from the class of 2018).

anaya-peoples

This is Peoples's pinned tweet (always shows at top of her twitter page)

So yeah, she more than knows Gilbert. I recall reading they've played club ball together for something like 8-9 year (though I can't find that now).

Reaction Score
I guess she (and Boston) didn't get an offer upon visiting..................I guess Geno wants to see more from her...........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I guess she (and Boston) didn't get an offer upon visiting...I guess Geno wants to see more from her......

Question for you (Charlie). I can't seem to find the overall 2017/2018 Recruiting Thread. I saw this Raoul post today and found it of interest for one local reason: the first sighting of Raven Farley-Clark, the center from Queen of Peace HS that you and I have seen from time to time.

SJU is a finalist for Danielle Patterson but with Tennessee, UVA and, ahem, Notre Dame also being finalists, they're smart to invite Farley-Clark, who gets a lotta love from rating services but I've not seen taking any other visits.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
OK, that makes sense. That's one of the many in-house procedural/protocol recruitment matters I don't know anything about. There's obviously a reason for that. We all understand how fluid "offers" can be. Especially if/when you have more offers out to potential recruits than you have scholarships for. I have all of the faith in the world in Geno and his staff. They have proven many times over that they know what they are doing. That being said, I'd still like to see BOTH of them matriculate to Storrs to continue their formal education. That would be a win-win.
Uconn is generally in the same time window for recruiting contact as all the other schools with most HS kids - the difference seems to be that a lot of schools appear to hand out offers almost at first contact, while Uconn generally waits until both sides have established real interest. It used to be said that offers only came with campus visits, but that changed a while ago - first I remember was Tiff Hayes who not only got an offer but also accepted before she ever saw the campus. Since then there have been a number of 'reported' offers prior to a campus visit - I used the quotes because Uconn cannot confirm that an offer has been made so we depend on the player side of the equation for that info.

Reaction Score
She told the press she sorta figured she was going to get an offer when Geno was the last item in her itinerary and she was right! :)
I believe that was C.Collier who said that in her interview with Carl Adamec. Check the thread on her by Orangutan on Oct.11.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe Brunelle will be as good a talent as B. Stewart is. She has three more years of high school. She will be like a woman playing against girls by the time she is a senior. She is a MUST get for Uconn. She will be playing against some of the best players in the country for the next two Summers and that will make her better. She can handle the ball, rebound and shoot accurately. If she has heart and determination she will be an elite player.

Reaction Score
Question for you (Charlie). I can't seem to find the overall 2017/2018 Recruiting Thread. I saw this Raoul post today and found it of interest for one local reason: the first sighting of Raven Farley-Clark, the center from Queen of Peace HS that you and I have seen from time to time.

SJU is a finalist for Danielle Patterson but with Tennessee, UVA and, ahem, Notre Dame also being finalists, they're smart to invite Farley-Clark, who gets a lotta love from rating services but I've not seen taking any other visits.

not sure what you meant here?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
not sure what you meant here?

When I initially wrote this post, I could not find "U17 and U18 Recruiting Observations," and was wondering where it was. Since you're one of the most frequent posters, I figured I'd reach out to you.

I must've been having a middle-aged moment because here it is.

This morning, I kind of feel like ND aimed (very) high with its wing/guard targets this year and
didn't deviate. Coming down to the wire now on all fronts....

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Brunelle looks the part but has anyone seen her play against skilled players? I was severe;y disappointed in what little floor time she got for USA basketball (the coaching and team selection was pretty poor for their squad) I never really got a chance to see what she could do vs the best in the world.

Reaction Score
Brunelle looks the part but has anyone seen her play against skilled players? I was severe;y disappointed in what little floor time she got for USA basketball (the coaching and team selection was pretty poor for their squad) I never really got a chance to see what she could do vs the best in the world.

Her skill set is undeniable as is the great attitude but you are right in questioning the quality of opposition.....she sure wouldn't be averaging 25 rebounds a game in a really competitive AAU environment........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her skill set is undeniable as is the great attitude but you are right in questioning the quality of opposition.....she sure wouldn't be averaging 25 rebounds a game in a really competitive AAU environment...

Whoa there, nelly! Just 13 rebounds a game, not 25. Who do you think she is, Wilt? ;)

Reaction Score
Whoa there, nelly! Just 13 rebounds a game, not 25. Who do you think she is, Wilt? ;)

OK ...........so I exaggerated a wee bit for effect!!!...........:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I was remembering your post from a while back:

In the past week she has had these stat lines:

41 points, 22 rebounds, 6 blocks

52 points, 26 rebounds, 5 blocks

She's not getting those numbers against my daughter's NJ high school team...............although she might get close

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She's not getting those numbers against my daughter's NJ high school team.....although she might get close

Having watched her many times in AAU ball I can confidently declare that the rebound numbers are about quality of competition and teammates. She's just an ok rebounder. But the scoring skills are legit, and she can pass too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom