2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Title Game -> #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/3/19 @7p ET > ESPNU/WatchESPN) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Title Game -> #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/3/19 @7p ET > ESPNU/WatchESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Losing sucks but a fun season...

Tough to come out of losers bracket to win it. Can’t forget that Oklahoma State was ranked 9/10/11 depending on final regular season poll.

Can never have enough arms.

Another starting pitcher or two who could go six innings consistently would have been big. That would keep the innings off the bullpen very nicely. Still think that this team had the weakest starting pitching for UConn in quite some time. Given that, amazing they went as far as they did.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Proud of kids but bunting in 6th and not bringing Wallace in a batter earlier is so frustrating. Love Penders but to me those were awful decisions.

Fine with leaving CJ in, but yea, that damn bunt...we are not good enough at bunting as a team to justify that call.

Reaction Score
One of these seasons they will get back to Omaha.

If you keep on making the NCAA tourney, sooner later you get some luck and advance another round or two. If Penders and the Huskies keep on making the tournament a lot more often then not as they have for the past decade, it very well could happen.

Reaction Score
If you keep on making the NCAA tourney, sooner later you get some luck and advance another round or two. If Penders and the Huskies keep on making the tournament a lot more often then not as they have for the past decade, it very well could happen.

Need to hope the new stadium can increase our depth of talent. Almost impossible to advance far on the backs of 2-3 players vs a top 10 team. Fun ride though.

Reaction Score
Good showing; this should help on the recruiting trail for sure. Next year we need to be consistent enough at home to make a run at hosting.

First things first. Need to keep making the NCAA tourney consistently, and hopefully they can do that next season and keep rolling in these tourney bids. Do that, eventually UConn gets some luck and possibly host.

Reaction Score
Need to hope the new stadium can increase our depth of talent. Almost impossible to advance far on the backs of 2-3 players vs a top 10 team. Fun ride though.

I admit I can be a bit of an optimist when it comes to UConn baseball, but I really think the depth thing on this team as you mention is happening. The performance of Colby Dunlop and other hopefully returning players during the post season gives me hope in that regard.

Reaction Score
Great season. It’ll be interesting to see how they look next year with how much they are losing. Speaking of that, I’m looking forward to seeing where Wallace, Prato, and Feole go and hope Toppa and Woody go as well.

Reaction Score
Great season. It’ll be interesting to see how they look next year with how much they are losing. Speaking of that, I’m looking forward to seeing where Wallace, Prato, and Feole go and hope Toppa and Woody go as well.

Don't discount Dandeneau as well. I suspect he may be a bit better draft candidate than Toppa.

Reaction Score
Great season.
Gotta win that first game. Poor starting pitching and bad luck killed our chances in game 1. We probably take this regional if we win game 1 as dominant as our bullpen was.
And I just hate bunting with your lead off hitter who hits .324. If u have a bad hitter or good hitter who is slumping fine. Other than that it just gives the other team an out when tbey are crapping their pants

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I missed basically from the reviewed play on chasing my own athletic dreams (slow pitch softball).

Tough not to feel like we were the best team in this regional. That first Nebraska game was just so damn frustrating.

Lose a lot of fantastic players but we have a good crew coming in (depending on how many make it to Storrs after the draft).

A lot of eyes opened this season. Let’s see some big crowds and night games in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom