2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Title Game -> #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/3/19 @7p ET > ESPNU/WatchESPN) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Title Game -> #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/3/19 @7p ET > ESPNU/WatchESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t like second guessing any coach but if you are gonna bring Wallace in the sixth why wouldn’t you bring him in to “save” the inning. Makes no sense to bring him in now. You should bring in another arm now and hope your offense gives you a chance to give Wallace another save opportunity later.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What type of Major is “Exploratory”?

Reaction Score
I don’t like second guessing any coach but if you are gonna bring Wallace in the sixth why wouldn’t you bring him in to “save” the inning. Makes no sense to bring him in now. You should bring in another arm now and hope your offense gives you a chance to give Wallace another save opportunity later.
He's not in for a save. He's in for a win.

Reaction Score
Those runs aren’t unearned. Regardless. Given pitching situation. Gonna need four or five runs

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
3 2/3 innings for Wallace is a very tall order.

Reaction Score
The bullpen and pitching staff with all the innings on the arms is just in an impossible situation now. Penders has always believed in going with his best pitchers when the game is on the line, and that is especially true for this game, the last of the regional. Problem is, they are all used up now.

Wallace gets out of the inning with no further damage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let’s get em back!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wallace was only going 25 pitches max, don't think about the rest of the game, think about right now.

Reaction Score
A bit of a reversal in UConn pitching use, may see Simeone, Johnson, or Mayock at the end of the game no matter what the situation is. I doubt Wallace can go the rest of the way, especially after 40+ pitches yesterday.

Reaction Score
Battenfield is one of their better pitchers. Fun stuff.

Reaction Score
Wallace was only going 25 pitches max, don't think about the rest of the game, think about right now.
Exactly. So bring him in to at least “save” the inning. You want him in to prevent the bleeding not to stop bleeding. Once the runs are given up, your offense is gonna need to score runs anyway. You hope you can get enough runs so that there is another opportunity for Wallace to save the day.

Like I said, I don’t like second guessing. It is so much easier to say after the hit he should have brought him in sooner.

Reaction Score
The bullpen and pitching staff with all the innings on the arms is just in an impossible situation now. Penders has always believed in going with his best pitchers when the game is on the line, and that is especially true for this game, the last of the regional. Problem is, they are all used up now.

Wallace gets out of the inning with no further damage.
Only one answer to that predicament: bats need to come alive.

Reaction Score
Bullpen is gassed and the OK St pitchers are getting it done along with some help from their LF, who has made some serious plays.

Reaction Score
Exactly. So bring him in to at least “save” the inning. You want him in to prevent the bleeding not to stop bleeding. Once the runs are given up, your offense is gonna need to score runs anyway. You hope you can get enough runs so that there is another opportunity for Wallace to save the day.

Like I said, I don’t like second guessing. It is so much easier to say after the hit he should have brought him in sooner.

Not quite exactly. Penders was trying to extend the three headed monster for as long as he could in this game, which is why Dandeneau stayed in. That is what is dictating the use of the bullpen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom