OT: - 2019 NBA Playoffs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
The Pistons are literally a G-League team without Blake. Andre got his double-double but seems more interested in getting into it with Giannis than actually playing. Shame. Hope he leaves Detroit when he can because they don’t seem to have much future and he needs to be on a team with a pass first PG.

caw

Reaction Score
The Pistons are literally a G-League team without Blake. Andre got his double-double but seems more interested in getting into it with Giannis than actually playing. Shame. Hope he leaves Detroit when he can because they don’t seem to have much future and he needs to be on a team with a pass first PG.

Dunno if he needs to be on a team with a pass first PG, but rather just a better PG. He would have looked pretty good on Charlotte with Kemba. It’s a shame they grabbed MKG instead in the draft back then. Actually he seems like a perfect fit as the center in Charlotte. Good spacing, better passing system then Detroit. He sets good screens and would be a massive upgrade over any of Charlottes centers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Andre has one more year, then a $28.8 million player option. Detroit is mediocre, and would be historically bad if Drummond and Griffin were not on that team, and their cap situation prevents them from improving. Drummond probably exercises his player option in a year, which doesn't help Drummond or Detroit. Drummond probably can't get that kind of money on the free agent market but he is stuck on a bad team, and Detroit needs to blow this team up to get better. This is one of the few teams where a trade with Charlotte may make sense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every series is at 2 games. Quick thoughts:

Bucks/Pistons - only surprise is that Giannis has played as much as 53 minutes.

Orlando/Raptors - Orlando stole a win so they can feel good about themselves heading into the offseason.

76ers/Nets - The Nets didn't look like an NBA team defensively in game 2. Philadelphia could have scored 200 points if they shot better early in the game.

Celtics/Pacers - I don't think the Pacers will get swept, but they look mismatched.

Warriors/Clippers - Clips came to play and the Warriors don't like it. This series could go 6 games.

Nuggets/Spurs - Spurs are going to regret blowing a 19 point third quarter lead when they get bounced in 6 or 7 games.

Trail Blazers/Thunder - Trail Blazers would have been a threat in the west if they had Nurkic.

Rockets/Jazz - Jazz looked like they quit last night. That franchise has some decisions to make if it gets swept in the first round.

Reaction Score
If Dejounte Murray's trajectory isn't impacted by his ACL injury the Spurs have a great backcourt for the future in him and Derrick White. Given their player development program Lonnie Walker will probably turn into a beast as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Dejounte Murray's trajectory isn't impacted by his ACL injury the Spurs have a great backcourt for the future in him and Derrick White. Given their player development program Lonnie Walker will probably turn into a beast as well.

I am not quite ready to hand the Spurs the series, but they have been clearly the better team for 10.5 of the 12 quarters so far in their series with Denver. The 19 point comeback in Game 2 is the only thing keeping Denver alive right now.

Are the 76ers this good offensively or are the Nets this bad defensively? How come no one realized this earlier?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Here’s a wild stat from last night: Jaylen Brown was 8-9 from the field, 4 of them three pointers, but 3-7 from the line. How can a guy be that hot from the field and shoot under 50% from the line?

Reaction Score
Here’s a wild stat from last night: Jaylen Brown was 8-9 from the field, 4 of them three pointers, but 3-7 from the line. How can a guy be that hot from the field and shoot under 50% from the line?

He tends to miss the first, make the 2nd. Mental.

Reaction Score
the first round has been pretty brutal. The nets are getting absolutely slaughtered right now. Hoping for Shabazz to get some PT. I have no idea why they thought starting Jared Dudley was a good idea.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
the first round has been pretty brutal. The nets are getting absolutely slaughtered right now. Hoping for Shabazz to get some PT. I have no idea why they thought starting Jared Dudley was a good idea.

I think there are some advanced stats where Dudley looks OK, but he does kind of suck based on the eye test.

First round was ugly. Spurs/Nuggets and maybe Rockets/Jazz go to 6 games, every other series will be decided in 5 or less, and there have been a lot of blowouts. I know a lot of the mismatches were expected, but these are NBA players and they shouldn't get spanked like that.

Thunder have some tough decisions to make. They are a small market team with one of the highest payrolls in the NBA yet they got bounced in 5 by a Portland team that was missing its 3rd best player and its 2nd best player was less than 100%.

Reaction Score
I think there are some advanced stats where Dudley looks OK, but he does kind of suck based on the eye test.

First round was ugly. Spurs/Nuggets and maybe Rockets/Jazz go to 6 games, every other series will be decided in 5 or less, and there have been a lot of blowouts. I know a lot of the mismatches were expected, but these are NBA players and they shouldn't get spanked like that.

Thunder have some tough decisions to make. They are a small market team with one of the highest payrolls in the NBA yet they got bounced in 5 by a Portland team that was missing its 3rd best player and its 2nd best player was less than 100%.

Houston really has to check themselves if they let the Jazz win another game, And OKC? That team just doesn't have it and can play pretty damn stupid at times.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Houston really has to check themselves if they let the Jazz win another game, And OKC? That team just doesn't have it and can play pretty damn stupid at times.

Are we sure they are well coached? Are we sure Westbrook is really the player to carry them to the promise land?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really don't care about the west. The Celtics - Bucks matchup should be a good one. Winner should be able to get to the finals. Philly and Toronto should be an interesting series as well.

Reaction Score
Are we sure they are well coached? Are we sure Westbrook is really the player to carry them to the promise land?

Westbrook is a great player, he what, averaged a triple double again this season? But i'm not sure he makes the rest of his team better. It's funny how Paul George wanted to play on a contender but think he was oversold on OKC. They dont seem any better than an Oladipo Pacer team (without Oladipo, Pacers look extremely mediocre)

Reaction Score
Really don't care about the west. The Celtics - Bucks matchup should be a good one. Winner should be able to get to the finals. Philly and Toronto should be an interesting series as well.
Why don't you care about the west? East has improved a lot but the west is still significantly better.

Reaction Score
Why don't you care about the west? East has improved a lot but the west is still significantly better.

626130d8ca4a85876ff4f2e15cba8364.jpg

Reaction Score
Most of you missed most of it but man, what a game GS-LA was. Montrezl Harrell absolutely dominated the paint. Lou Williams made all kinds of crazy shots

And it’s always great to see the Warriors struggle. Houston getting a little extra rest is great too

Reaction Score

Don't sleep on the Raptors. They won 58 games despite Kawhi missing 22 games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Because it is in the west. I generally don't care about anything happening in the west. The games are too late for one thing. Outside of football, where the games are reliably at normal times on the east coast, I don't watch west coast sports. I don't think I'm alone. 80% of the country is east-central.

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay with 19 points last night as Spurs force a game 7 in Denver on Sat...........last Husky standing in playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom