2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA)

Reaction Score
Isn't that the high school where McEntee and Shumate played? If so, given our transfer experience, I'll wait and see. But hopefully he's a big help.

Reaction Score
Isn't that the high school where McEntee and Shumate played? If so, given our transfer experience, I'll wait and see. But hopefully he's a big help.

Same city - different school. They went to Servite.

Reaction Score
That he couldn't find the field at ND certainly doesn't mean that he can't help us, especially at that position. Let's hope he can play. We need play at LB more than just about anything.

You’ve got to think ... a kid with his pedigree and metrics - existing at a dozen + schools could immediately jump to the top of our depth chart. With the right attitude. Of course, the past 10 years of this is mixed at UConn (Shoemate + Frazer).

Remember Edsall whining about CFB becoming a Free Agency marketplace. Shoot. We have to take our pure comparative advantage.

You’ve got a solid BA from a top school. What G5 (MWC or AAC) is a better Target than the University of Connecticut. Grad degree at SMU like Sanders from ND? Nope - we are a better degree in most departments. UCF? USF? Memphis? Even Tulane? Nevada? San Diego State? Nope. I’d say UConn is the best you’re going to get in most of the degrees these kids want. And maybe playing time and path to the NFL!

Edsall can learn new tricks.

Reaction Score

You’re lacking in your Power HS knowledge of Southern California

DJ Morgan is from the LA County/Orange County line - not far from Long Beach. He played at Saint John Bosco. A power. Servite HS in Anaheim is where McEntee & Shumate were teammates.

The point is taken. Sometimes these 4 Stars just can’t play that great. Sometimes, however, they need time to develop like any other teen. And confidence. Spanos.

Reaction Score
You’re lacking in your Power HS knowledge of Southern California

DJ Morgan is from the LA County/Orange County line - not far from Long Beach. He played at Saint John Bosco. A power. Servite HS in Anaheim is where McEntee & Shumate were teammates.

The point is taken. Sometimes these 4 Stars just can’t play that great. Sometimes, however, they need time to develop like any other teen. And confidence. Spanos.

You lived in LA and may have gotten used to certain things. I promise you that when I'm lucky enough to spend some time in SoCal, looking at muscle bound athletic young men is not where my eyes are wandering.

Reaction Score
You’ve got to think ... a kid with his pedigree and metrics - existing at a dozen + schools could immediately jump to the top of our depth chart. With the right attitude. Of course, the past 10 years of this is mixed at UConn (Shoemate + Frazer).

Remember Edsall whining about CFB becoming a Free Agency marketplace. Shoot. We have to take our pure comparative advantage.

You’ve got a solid BA from a top school. What G5 (MWC or AAC) is a better Target than the University of Connecticut. Grad degree at SMU like Sanders from ND? Nope - we are a better degree in most departments. UCF?
USF? Memphis? Even Tulane? Nevada? San Diego State? Nope. I’d say UConn is the best you’re going to get in most of the degrees these kids want. And maybe playing time and path to the NFL!

Edsall can learn new tricks.

I said earlier I have little doubt Morgan can help the d but I base that on the fact our defense was being manhandled by second and third stringers. A second stringer on a school like Notre Dame can absolutely help a school that is the worst in the AAC.

Reaction Score
The key to any D is being stout up front. That may take another year for the young pups to develop. Once we are able to control the line and put pressure on D, the pressure will come off the LBs, as designed. Regardless, happy to have this young man join.

Reaction Score
You lived in LA and may have gotten used to certain things. I promise you that when I'm lucky enough to spend some time in SoCal, looking at muscle bound athletic young men is not where my eyes are wandering.

Just a little something for businesslawyerwife, we all got needs.

Reaction Score
McIntee, a kid who travelled east for a UConn education and ended up as a walk-on versus a guy actually recruited by P5 schools and signed by ND? Advantage: the latter?

Reaction Score

9 years is a lot of time. I saw more of muscle bound females playing beach volleyball than most other athletic events.

Reaction Score
Could having already completed Spring practice be a plus for our staff in having more time to find grad transfers to bring up our talent level?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom