2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA) | The Boneyard

2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Already penciling him in as a starter in the outside.

Absolutely.

Perhaps it will be:
D. Harris, K. Jones and DJ Morgan as LB unit 1
TJ Gardner, H. Webb and E. Hahn/or T. Ganyi as LB unit 2

Obviously everyone returning has to play better. What I am hoping for is that Dillon Harris can bring some tenacity and athleticism, Kevon can play a little faster and stronger after a year in the gym and Morgan can just be a physical body that we just haven't had as the third guy matching up against TEs.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is great news!

I wonder where the connection is? He is from Cali....was mostly recruited by schools out west...who does he know at UConn? Diaco? ;)

If he wants to play right away...he picked the right school.

Welcome aboard D.J.!

Reaction Score
Absolutely.

Perhaps it will be:
D. Harris, K. Jones and DJ Morgan as LB unit 1
TJ Gardner, H. Webb and E. Hahn/or T. Ganyi as LB unit 2

Obviously everyone returning has to play better. What I am hoping for is that Dillon Harris can bring some tenacity and athleticism, Kevon can play a little faster and stronger after a year in the gym and Morgan can just be a physical body that we just haven't had as the third guy matching up against TEs.

That’s how I see it. Lots of questions need to be answered though, but at least I have some optimism. Reading up on Morgan I see he saw time as a safety as a freshman, that tells me he has speed and I love he will be bringing that to OLB. The questions are now is if Jones can drop weight and increase speed, and Harris comes as advertised - someone who brings intensity and looks to hit anything that moves.

Reaction Score
This is probably the type of player that UConn needs to get more of to fill the roster. Good athletes at big programs that need an opportunity to play. Looks like he was buried on the ND depth chart. According to his stats, he didn't play in 2018. And had two tackles when he saw playing time in 2017.

Reaction Score
That he couldn't find the field at ND certainly doesn't mean that he can't help us, especially at that position. Let's hope he can play. We need play at LB more than just about anything.

Reaction Score
This is probably the type of player that UConn needs to get more of to fill the roster. Good athletes at big programs that need an opportunity to play. Looks like he was buried on the ND depth chart. According to his stats, he didn't play in 2018. And had two tackles when he saw playing time in 2017.

I know this is going to come off as a little harsh but our number ones on defense were consistently beat by opposing teams two and threes. I agree that Morgan can really help this defense, regardless of where he was in depth chart at Notre Dame. I have no doubt Coach Spanos sold him on the hyrbrid OLB position.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is great news!

I wonder where the connection is? He is from Cali....was mostly recruited by schools out west...who does he know at UConn? Diaco? ;)

If he wants to play right away...he picked the right school.

Welcome aboard D.J.!

Went to Don Bosco in NJ...my guess is that maybe his family relocated to NJ at some point?

Edit: sorry, scratch that. He played for St. John Bosco in CA. I misread earlier tweets on him and assumed it was the NJ powerhouse. Yeah, huh...guess he just wanted a place where he thought he could start

Reaction Score
That’s how I see it. Lots of questions need to be answered though, but at least I have some optimism. Reading up on Morgan I see he saw time as a safety as a freshman, that tells me he has speed and I love he will be bringing that to OLB. The questions are now is if Jones can drop weight and increase speed, and Harris comes as advertised - someone who brings intensity and looks to hit anything that moves.
Hope that this isn't April fools!

Reaction Score
We had pretty good luck last time we had an ND transfer in a critical position. Of course everyone hated him but we did win some football games.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yup and RB Coach Kyle Weiss also spent the last 3 years @ UCLA as a Defensive Grad Assistant. UCLA recruits heavily out of SJBHS.
Bold foolish prediction, if Weiss can help Guifre design plays and run an effective offense this fall (graded on a curve of course) he might be going places. I've liked what little we have seen of him as a coach this spring and as a recruiter.

Reaction Score
With Dillon Harris, Omar Fortt and now DJ Morgan I think our linebacker core might be our brightest area despite the transfers out.

DJ needs to come in with leadership and intensity in order to bring our defense back to its heyday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom