2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 Grad Transfer from ND - LB DJ Morgan (Norwalk CA)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It can't be overstated what a shot in the arm this is for the fanbase. An immediate answer to a big area of need, with a high caliber, experienced player. Man, did we need this!

Geno is trying to upstage Edsall by landing the #1 recruit from the 2020 class on the same day. Baseball just cracked the top 25 rankings today as well.

Man, this is a good day for Husky Nation!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could having already completed Spring practice be a plus for our staff in having more time to find grad transfers to bring up our talent level?
Bringing up the talent level has to be a huge focus. We saw a considerable drop in play from Diggs and Joseph to last year's LB play, and we weren't good defensively with the aforementioned players. We need kids with motors who are know how to tackle.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Randy is doing what he told UCONNBILL and I at the signing day. Waiting for the end of spring practice, evaluate areas of need and then bring in kids through the portal. He might have lamented the free agency age, but he surely was going to use it.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Graduating from ND in 3 years. Smart kid. Welcome aboard!
Hopefully, this is a big part of Randy's blueprint. If not, it should be. We need to play to UConn's (few) remaining strengths like nationally recognized graduate academics, pulling guys in like DJ (see D. Pindell) for key skill positions, compliment that with diamond-in-the-rough recruiting, fundamentally good coaching, and rebuild the program one year at a time until (hopefully) the financial dynamics change. Four year recruiting plans to resuscitate the program are now DOA.

Reaction Score
You have to give the kid ... the opportunity; and see if he really can develop.

4 Star (or whatever). It was Notre Dame. He then - with some look at rosters - bulked up from 195 to 220. At a good height 6-2 5/8. Then - Position Change

Plus 2 years.

Can we be curious yet cynical. Sure. But this is plausible. And we have hope that Spanos > Edsall can be effective in this New world of the transfer portal. If a kid is gonna graduate in 3 (an achievement at any U but moreso at the ND/Stanford level), then a Grad MS in Kinesiology or MBA at UConn is solid.

Back when we were rising - we’d have two deep solid LBs. Please return to that

Reaction Score
Y

Back when we were rising - we’d have two deep solid LBs. Please return to that

We used to be deep and talented at LB and none of them were highly recruited and many went on to stints in the NFL. More than almost any position, you can recruit based on development and use the red shirt liberally. I'm thinking Lutrus, Moore, Wilson, Smallwood, etc.....physical guys who could run to the ball and make runs into the backfield. We haven't had that for years.

Reaction Score
My immediate reaction is, well, OK. But lets curb our enthusiasm at least until someone has seen him actually play in a college game. The memory of Ryan Fines is still fresh as well as the hope that he will be much more effective this year. (Back for one last year, right?)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't know anything about this young man so I have know nothing of ability. I will not be concerned at his lack of play at ND
I do know he graduated in 3 years from ND so he has smarts, I know he played a little safety as a freshman so he has speed, I know he has decent size because the tape tells us and you know he comesfrom a winning tradition at ND
I see no downside but many positive things
My question is why UConn but rather than dwell on that all I have to say is:
Welcome to the DawgPound and let's go hit someone on the other side of the field
WELCOME DJ

Reaction Score
At our best - big Motor City Bowl (where we first came out) & International Bowl - we had solid LBs all over the place. Plus Depth. Good fast DEs + loads of solid cover guys.

D. We need to be extraordinary on defense.

Attachments

• 6B0F7412-F1B6-4257-896A-86993CBD77E7.jpeg
    6B0F7412-F1B6-4257-896A-86993CBD77E7.jpeg
    811.4 KB · Views: 67
Reaction Score
It can't be overstated what a shot in the arm this is for the fanbase. An immediate answer to a big area of need, with a high caliber, experienced player. Man, did we need this!

Geno is trying to upstage Edsall by landing the #1 recruit from the 2020 class on the same day. Baseball just cracked the top 25 rankings today as well.

you just overstated it.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

And then you do a double take and realize we are still in the AAC

Reaction Score
I say he's a plug and play (immediately) guy for us... sure, he struggled to see the field @ ND, but, face facts.. He was a 3 star recruit... going up against (more than likely) 4 and 5 stars, who blocked his way ... Here, with all that he's learned against, arguably, much stiffer competition, he should provide instant impact and help get our D rolling a little faster.. He probably already understands how to play fast.. especially in a scheme that uses what he is, a hybrid ( S/OLB )...
Excited about this acquisition to our squad...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Awfully excited for early April Dan! Lol

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Awfully excited for early April Dan! Lol

Well let me put it this way: if folks think I'm "overstating" the fact that we just found a solid quality player to fill the most important position on the worst statistical defense in history... IN HISTORY!...well then I've got nothing left to say...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Well let me put it this way: if folks think I'm "overstating" the fact that we just found a solid quality player to fill the most important position on the worst statistical defense in history... IN HISTORY!...well then I've got nothing left to say...
Nope love the enthusiasm!!!! And and we got a player from ND another team I despise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom