2019 Elite Point Guard ZIA COOKE - UConn in mix | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Elite Point Guard ZIA COOKE - UConn in mix

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I say pass. Sometimes you see an interview and you just know. This reminds me a lot of the A'ja Wilson interview with her father and I said there is no way she comes to UConn. I wish her the best though wherever she ends up. She's obviously a talented young lady. Let's not forget though... "In Geno We Trust".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."

This is the sort of thing that makes some sense if the player is 25 and one of the top players in the world but when I hear this from a 14/15 year old my suspicion is that she is repeating things that she has been told by coaches trying to recruit her or by herown coaches trying to steer her away from or toward certain schools. Things like: If you go to UConn you won't be able to display your fantastic dribbling skills because Geno will expect you to pass all the time. If you were to play for me you would be able to free-lance all you want. While some may see it as a reference to UConn it could also refer to coaches like JPM who want to control every possesion.

If she and her family buy this sort of talk then good luck to them. This is the sort of recruiting tactic that leads to players transferring after their freshman year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dad speaks: “I want her master the game and one day figure out how to own it,” he said. “I want her to have endorsements and learn how to promote herself. The women’s game is not a real high-price game like the men’s game. She’s going to have to learn how to use her brain, not just her basketball skills.”

Reaction Score
She has to use her brain and and not just her basketball skills? Just when i thought she was destined for Tennessee because she likes the ball in her hands they get eliminated because she also wants to be a cerebral type of player. Guess she is Uconn material after all.We'll keep the light on fer ya and see ya when you get here.

Reaction Score
At a low level DI or high level DII school.
Uhhh...she can actually pay for her own education at UCONN and perhaps be a walk-on! I like her game and her confidence.

Reaction Score
Uhhh...she can actually pay for her own education at UConn and perhaps be a walk-on! I like her game and her confidence.

Uhhh...she could. I don't think spending close to a quarter million dollars in tuition to maybe walk on and sit the bench for 4 years would be her best decision.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uhhh...she could. I don't think spending close to a quarter million dollars in tuition to maybe walk on and sit the bench for 4 years would be her best decision.
Uhhh, Tution rate at UCONN $32,066 for non-residents. Chevy could pick up her tution tab.

Reaction Score
Uhhh, Tution rate at UConn $32,066 for non-residents. Chevy could pick up her tution tab.

Tuition $32,066
Student Fees $2,882
Housing $7,776
Meal Plan $5.676
Indirect Costs $4.000

$54,400

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tuition $32,066
Student Fees $2,882
Housing $7,776
Meal Plan $5.676
Indirect Costs $4.000

$54,400

Reaction Score
Honesty Scott Grayson shouldn't be overlooked as a possibility for UConn although I've not heard of recent interest.....still rated #16 ESPN for 2018

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Honesty Scott Grayson shouldn't be overlooked as a possibility for UConn although I've not heard of recent interest.....still rated #16 ESPN for 2018

I thought it was known that UConn wasn't in on her anymore?

Reaction Score

I think she's a silent Maryland commit. She plays on the same AAU team as Shakira Austin and both has transferred to Riverdale Baptist. I would be surprised to see Ashley Owusu to transfer to RB as well. Both Grayson and Owusu seems to really like Maryland.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think she's a silent Maryland commit. She plays on the same AAU team as Shakira Austin and both has transferred to Riverdale Baptist. I would be surprised to see Ashley Owusu to transfer to RB as well. Both Grayson and Owusu seems to really like Maryland.

Scott-Grayson and Owusu on the wings? Yikes... that's a lot for opposing teams.

I really like Owusu. I know McCray was recruiting her very hard at one point... don't know how much involved SC still is.

Reaction Score
I thought it was known that UConn wasn't in on her anymore?

I have no way of knowing whether UConn is currently interested or not...........my point was only that she is a talented '18 point guard that is unsigned unlike Ms Peoples who visited UConn but sadly chose to go elsewhere.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom