2019 Elite Point Guard ZIA COOKE - UConn in mix | The Boneyard

2019 Elite Point Guard ZIA COOKE - UConn in mix

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
with Anaya Peoples off the market

UConn will likely lock in on Surging Elite OH point guard ZIA COOKE
(really Shined in Argentina for USA U16 )

Cooke has scholarship offers from just about every top program in the nation. Her top five, she said, is an ever-changing list. But, for the moment, she likes Connecticut, South Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee and Maryland, in no particular order.

Of those five, only UConn has not offered her, but the Huskies are recruiting her, she said.

Toledo Rogers basketball star Zia Cooke gets glowing reviews after winning gold medal with USA Basketball

ESPN Ranking & Evals

zia-cooke

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Peoples was off the market. To ND, no less. Ugh! I'm disappointed.

Reaction Score
Geno could still have interest in others like Jordan Nixon '18 or Yasmeen Chang '19 depending on whether a certain Ms Bueckers declares sooner or later......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
with Anaya Peoples off the market

UConn will likely lock in on Surging Elite OH point guard ZIA COOKE
(really Shined in Argentina for USA U16 )

Cooke has scholarship offers from just about every top program in the nation. Her top five, she said, is an ever-changing list. But, for the moment, she likes Connecticut, South Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee and Maryland, in no particular order.

Of those five, only UConn has not offered her, but the Huskies are recruiting her, she said.

Toledo Rogers basketball star Zia Cooke gets glowing reviews after winning gold medal with USA Basketball

ESPN Ranking & Evals

zia-cooke

A bit of a Non UConn point of view imho :rolleyes:

"The main thing is that I want a family-type atmosphere," Cooke said. "I should be able to come to my college coach for whatever reason, and we should be a family.

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"The main thing is that I want a family-type atmosphere," Cooke said. "I should be able to come to my college coach for whatever reason, and we should be a family.

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."

Dad could be a deal breaker. I question whether she'll get a UConn offer.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

She and Mulkey can sit out by the pool and talk around the family swimming pool.

Reaction Score
Geno gives his players plenty of freedom on the court as long as they make the right play at the right time and play within the team concept...........it's not like UConn plays 1950's basketball..................

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Hmmmm. Not the first time I've heard this. Should be interesting. If Geno wants her he will offer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I was thinking the same thing - after viewing the video. Maybe her perception (and appreciation) of WCBB will change between now and then. She appears to be on the fast track to becoming a very good player for someone. She appears to have a unique inner drive and desire to be great, similar to that of Tina Charles, Gabby Williams, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Skylar Diggins- Smith, Nneka Owgumike, Suzie B, (and others) etc. All of whom have that inner drive to play hard, and with a sense of urgency.........all the time, that not every player has. Her training regimen is different than most.

Reaction Score
IIIRC, Crystal made a similar comment which surprised me. It may be that both of them were thinking about coaches who "run plays" all the time. Go down the court. look for the coach's signal, run that play. The idea of a read and react system may, in fact, be what she wants.

Reaction Score
Geno gives his players plenty of freedom on the court as long as they make the right play at the right time and play within the team concept......it's not like UConn plays 1950's basketball...

Let's pass on her.

Reaction Score

Geno will let her be "me" to an extent--but he shall control her game if she doesn't meet his expectation --we know her D will be a factor
She could go to CD, Shea, Marisa any time for any reason--even better than family in that regard--if the kids do an indepth check of Uconn and not listen to the BS from other coaches or players who never played at Uconn--she'll find Uconn works you hard --but loves you and cares for you--and is loyal to your loyalty.

Reaction Score
You are right "COULD BE A DEAL BREAKER". Geno does not like family interference, Mom or Dad, or Sis---he's the coach--right or wrong it's his team. Whether she gets an offer depends how much Dad is into her game--Geno doesn't think Dad needs to live on the south pole--
Agrentina is ok.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom