2019 College summer ball - UConn players | The Boneyard

2019 College summer ball - UConn players

Reaction Score
This is by no way a complete list but had some time and saw that a couple guys who are red shirting for UConn team are already with their summer baseball squads. I am sure @huskymedic or @dbmill will fill in any I have missed but since I am waiting for 1 pm first pitch and figured I could add some value.

Cape Cod Baseball League
Cody Dunlop- Bourne
Kyler Fedko- Bourne
Christian Fedko- Harwich
Pat Winkel- Harwich

Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League (NY)
Andy Hague- Adirondack Trailblazers
Kevin Ferrer- Adirondack Trialblazers

Futures Collegiate Baseball League- New England
Tim Pfaffenbichler- Bristol Blues
Jake Sanderson- Brockton
Leif Bigelow- Westfield

NECBL- New England
Will Lucas- Mystic Schooners
Joe Simeone- Keene Swamp Bats
Conor Moriarty- Valley Blue Sox

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was waiting for the UConn season to end before posting the UConn summer baseball list. Here's a few more:

California Collegiate League

Kenny Haus - Healdsburg Prune Packers
Randy Polonia - Healdsburg Prune Packers
Cole Brodnansky - Healdsburg Prune Packers
David Langer - Healdsburg Prune Packers

I have found in the past few seasons that west coast JUCO Huskies tend to gravitate to Healdsburg. Still, I was surprised to find Polonia there as well.

A couple things about Healdsburg that I like. My brother got married there several years ago at a winery in town. It seemed I ended up with a wine glass that never emptied, as the staff was always refilling it when it got to about half full. That was an experience to be sure. Prune Packers is also a great name for that team.

In the Cape League, UConn players can often be found playing for the Wareham Gatemen. However, the team has yet to post a summer roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting stat from tonight’s MLB Draft first round:

Reaction Score
Futures League

Patrick Gallagher - Westfield Starfires

Reaction Score
California Collegiate League

Zach Bushling - Lincoln Potters

Reaction Score

With UConn baseball starting to tweet stuff on summer ball, hopefully soon they will put their summer baseball assignments on their website. I'm sure there are a few UConn players or incoming recruits that are involved in summer ball that have not been listed previously in this thread.

Reaction Score
Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League

Tyler Briggs - Alexandria Aces
Adam Schwartz - Alexandria Aces

Reaction Score
Any word on chris Winkel?

If Chris Winkel is playing summer ball, I haven't found him yet. There are a bunch of college summer ball leagues of varying quality all over the country, and I have checked only of few of them since there are so many of them. I check leagues where UConn players tend to show up in. Those are primarily in the northeast, plus the California Collegiate League, where UConn's California JUCO's often play. Not every player gets involved in summer ball, John Toppa and Christian Fedko are good examples from last year.

In the past, UConn baseball has been very good about posting what summer teams Husky players are with. Hopefully, they will do so soon. Of course, players do tend to come and go from summer ball teams, so a player who doesn't start out playing summer ball may join up with the team at some point during the season.

Reaction Score
Some additional UConn players showing up on Cape Cod League rosters now that the Cape summer season has started:

Karl Johnson - Bourne Braves
Paul Gozzo - Bourne Braves
Caleb Wurster - Wareham Gatemen

That was quick, the Cape Cod League Transactions listings show that Caleb Wurster was released by Wareham today, after being activated two days earlier.

Reaction Score
That was quick, the Cape Cod League Transactions listings show that Caleb Wurster was released by Wareham today, after being activated two days earlier.

Also, not sure of the status of Colby Dunlop with Bourne and Pat Winkel with Harwich. A couple rosters show them as being with those teams, while other rosters do not show them. Neither players have appeared in any games yet.

Reaction Score
Also, not sure of the status of Colby Dunlop with Bourne and Pat Winkel with Harwich. A couple rosters show them as being with those teams, while other rosters do not show them. Neither players have appeared in any games yet.

Both were listed here. No write-up on Dunlop, but a brief write-up on Winkel

Summary: A solid duo on opposite ends of their college careers, Rothenberg is coming off a strong season at Duke where he slashed .259/.379/.449 with nine home runs, and an excellent 12.3 BB% walk rate. Winkel was a somewhat hyped in-state recruit for UConn that showed solid contact skills in limited playing time.

Reaction Score

Both were listed here. No write-up on Dunlop, but a brief write-up on Winkel

Summary: A solid duo on opposite ends of their college careers, Rothenberg is coming off a strong season at Duke where he slashed .259/.379/.449 with nine home runs, and an excellent 12.3 BB% walk rate. Winkel was a somewhat hyped in-state recruit for UConn that showed solid contact skills in limited playing time.

Yes, neither of those write-ups are actual rosters. Player movement can be quite quick in the summer leagues, and the Cape league is certainly no exception. Players who are supposed to show up with a team don't always appear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Colby Dunlop is now listed on the Bourne roster, and Pat Winkel on the Harwich roster. Cape Cod League transactions on their website show they were both signed and/or activated this weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom