2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had 1 9-4, record there was pretty terrible otherwise when i looked him up. Thought he had done better.

Also had some health issues including a major incident this year which caused him to miss the trip to ND. He might be better off going back to TV where I thought he was pretty good.

Reaction Score
We all know how well it turns out when the High School Coaches Association gets involved (state talent depth aside) ;)

Reaction Score

>>Steve Addazio has expressed a desire to interview for the Rutgers vacancy, according to two people familiar with the coach’s actions this week, and Rutgers officials are also interested in meeting with Addazio, according to a high-ranking Rutgers official.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

>>Steve Addazio has expressed a desire to interview for the Rutgers vacancy, according to two people familiar with the coach’s actions this week, and Rutgers officials are also interested in meeting with Addazio, according to a high-ranking Rutgers official.<<

Oh boy it’s happening- it’s happening!

addazio to Rutty and schiano to BC. Perfect

Reaction Score
Some ESPN talking head reported Rutgals’ president previously announced plans to leave after this school year. In combination with an attorney with minimal football and limited athletics administration background as AD ticking off some board members, big donors, alumni, season ticket holders, etc now, imagine how healthy relations may be in the Swamp.

Regardless of who Rutgals hires as coach, he’ll almost immediately report to a new president and likely very soon after to a new AD. And, never be the president’s nor a likely new AD’s man.

Reaction Score
Schiano to Rutgers will not help Rutgers. They need an overhaul, the only thing they have is a P5. If the B1G expanded now instead of a few years ago, we might be in and Rutgers would be in AACland...oh well, nothing can be done now about it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Schiano to Rutgers will not help Rutgers. They need an overhaul,
A source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said that Schiano’s salary was not one of the hold-ups. He was slated to be paid among the bottom three head coaches in the Big Ten. The source added that Schiano made concessions from many of his initial asks. <<

Seems pretty clear to me that the best chance of Rutgers of getting an overhaul is for the revered former coach to demand an overhaul as a condition of returning to the job. I know we hate him but he's not wrong here. Does Rutgers want to compete or do they just want to kick back and cash checks? We all know it's the latter and that's why talks broke down.

Reaction Score
Pete Thamel said that Schiano and Rutgers have agreed in principle to a deal.

Reaction Score
Wilder was a hot name not too long ago when he had them at 9-2, with packed stands. Selfishly i want to play them with a 1st year coach in their rebuild next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom