2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You mean other than the winning?
I mean if you count this year Solich has had 3 losing seasons at Ohio in 15 years. One was his 1st year there. Edsall has had 3 losing seasons the last 3 years. Other than that they're exactly alike.

Reaction Score
Perhaps that speaks to the talent. Perhaps that speaks to the competition.

You could also argue Solich could not cut it at the BCS level (as a lot of Nebraskans did).

My point was they have the same approach to coaching, IMO.

Then again, I don't see a lot off similarity between Tulane's coach and Solich.

All in the eye of the beholder

Reaction Score

You could also argue Solich could not cut it at the BCS level (as a lot of Nebraskans did).

I'm sure Nebraska wishes they were 9-3, like in Solich's last year there. I compare him to Fritz in that both incorporate the option into their base offense but also will open it up in the passing game.

Ohio University football was awful before Solich. The competition Edsall has faced upon his return isn't exactly the SEC East.

Reaction Score

This is simply not true. The guy was 58-19 at TBR come on man do better. The internet is your friend.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, what's TBR?

The Big Red. Had a friend that played for Osborne in the heyday and have many freinds who went to Nebraska and its a common to refer to the team that way. Sorry

Reaction Score

Very hard schedule? Look I get they are in the SEC but the are in the East which is the weaker of the 2 divisions and they had Bama for the first of a 2 year rotation deal but when your OOC is UNC, Charleston Southern and App State very hard schedule is a reach.

Reaction Score
Very hard schedule? Look I get they are in the SEC but the are in the East which is the weaker of the 2 divisions and they had Bama for the first of a 2 year rotation deal but when your OOC is UNC, Charleston Southern and App State very hard schedule is a reach.
Great non-sequitur.

bc Puckett: Will Muschamps will be fired sometime after the Clemson game.
Husky medic: here’s a quote from the AD saying he’s not going to be fired.
bc Puckett: that schedule isn’t that tough.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yes. Very hard schedule. Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Florida, Texas a&m, Appalachian St, and north Carolina have all been ranked at times this year. And 4 of those are in the top 11.

Reaction Score
Great non-sequitur.

bc Puckett: Will Muschamps will be fired sometime after the Clemson game.
Husky medic: here’s a quote from the AD saying he’s not going to be fired.
bc Puckett: that schedule isn’t that tough.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When did I say he was going to get fired after the Clemson game? My response was to the AD saying Muschamp was their coach today and going forward. I was just pointing out that attitude may change after Clemson boat races them.

Reaction Score
Yes. Very hard schedule. Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Florida, Texas a&m, Appalachian St, and north Carolina have all been ranked at times this year. And 4 of those are in the top 11.

They play Georgia, Florida, aTm and Clemson every year. That's their schedule and it's not changing anytime soon so as a coach you need to find a way to win some of those games (and yes they did beat Georgia this year). The Bama thing is a 2 year cross-over deal. As far as UNC and App State being ranked how many teams are ranked at some point in the year? You're an SEC team and can't beat APP State at home? Please. You can't have that OOC schedule and beat Georgia(on the road) and not make a bowl.

Muschamp was a horrible coach at Florida and hasn't improved.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They play Georgia, Florida, aTm and Clemson every year. That's their schedule and it's not changing anytime soon so as a coach you need to find a way to win some of those games (and yes they did beat Georgia this year). The Bama thing is a 2 year cross-over deal. As far as UNC and App State being ranked how many teams are ranked at some point in the year? You're an SEC team and can't beat APP State at home? Please. You can't have that OOC schedule and beat Georgia(on the road) and not make a bowl.

Muschamp was a horrible coach at Florida and hasn't improved.
I don't disagree that he is a bad coach....but they still had a tough schedule. App St is a very good team. As is Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson...

They aren't mutually exclusive. He can be a bad coach AND they can have a tough schedule.

Reaction Score

>>Rutgers and Schiano have come to an agreement on the facilities plan for the program going forward, according to sources, that includes a new fieldhouse to replace the practice bubble. The plan is not expected to include a guarantee for a new football-only facility to replace the Hale Center. That wrinkle has led to renewed negotiations on the length of Schiano’s contract and the size of the assistant coach and support staff salary pool.<<

Reaction Score
Schiano wasn't even that success his first around in the Big East. I don't think it's going to work out like they hope

Reaction Score
May be the wrong thread but how long till the Giants flush Schumur and hire a coach who can actually build a decent team and win games like Matt Rhule? Who made a Bill Parcells quote in his pregame interview in case John Mara was paying attention.

Reaction Score
Hopefully it works out as well as Randy coming back here.
Probably about just as bad. He's not playing Louisville, WVU or Cincinnati anymore. OSU, PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin even Minnesota are going to make things much more difficult for Schiano

Reaction Score
Schiano wasn't even that success his first around in the Big East. I don't think it's going to work out like they hope
What do you mean? Just because he couldn't win a conference headlined by WVU and Cincy, he won't be able to win one with OSU, PSU, and UM in his own division? I mean these schools might have a ton going for them with talent, facilities, fan support and history, but they have never gone up against the power of the CHOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom