2019 Charleston Classic | The Boneyard

2019 Charleston Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome I love Charleston. Good friend lives in Johns island. I'll definitely head down for this. great gym

Reaction Score
Have always heard good things about Charleston, hoping to get down for this.

Reaction Score
So as of now our OOC next year is:

Charleston Classic (Xavier, Florida, Miami, Penn St., St. Joe's, Townson, Missouri State)
@Villanova

Look for a game against Providence next year (just haggling about where it will be located) and possibly another Big East opponent.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Charleston Classic (Xavier, Florida, Miami, Penn St., St. Joe's, Townson, Missouri State)
@Villanova

Look for a game against Providence next year (just haggling about where it will be located) and possibly another Big East opponent.
Cuse should really still find a way to fit us in, even with the ACC expanding to 20 games and the Big 10 challenge or whatever else they're doing. I dont see how that changes things drastically.

Reaction Score
It was reported but not made official until today I believe. I’ve heard Charleston is a great city. Aside from the giant rats.

They're CT rats that got onto a ship heading for the Port of Charleston with several thousand jobs from CT, so I suspect they'll be hanging around greeting UConn fans and offering thanks for the move.
1542307327404.png

Charleston is a great city. Clean, vibrant, filled with great restaurants and interesting tourism sites, growing with new manufacturing plants for Boeing, Mercedes, Volvo and others as well as the port, the colleges, and the Medical University of South Carolina. It's a typical boomtown found around much of the country outside the Northeast and, while there are problems in South Carolina, growth and development is not one of them. If only it weren't so humid from June to September......................

I live about 100 miles farther down the coast, but if Boneyard members are interested, I can do some recon work and try to find a good bar for pre and post-game meetups. PM me if interested.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for more of a signature early season tournament. Personally I can’t get into going to South Carolina. I’ll save my money and hope for Battle4Atlantis in 2020.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for more of a signature early season tournament. Personally I can’t get into going to South Carolina. I’ll save my money and hope for Battle4Atlantis in 2020.

Baby steps!

Reaction Score
I’ve been dying to go to Charleston... I’ve heard it’s like Savannah on steroids and I loved Savannah.
Although you can walk around with open containers in Savannah...

Reaction Score
Charleston is a GREAT town. Anyone who heads down will really enjoy.
I guess a lot of people are a little disappointed because it's not exactly a warm place to visit in late November. Fans are used to going to more exotic/warmer locales for these tournaments.

Reaction Score
Cuse should really still find a way to fit us in, even with the ACC expanding to 20 games and the Big 10 challenge or whatever else they're doing. I dont see how that changes things drastically.

Since Boeheim's probably an avid reader of the Boneyard, he's so fed up with all the Olander 2, Boeheim 1 taunts that dropping UConn from the schedule is his only way to get even.

Reaction Score
Been wanting to go to Charleston for my Wedding Anniversary but always end up in Florida. This would be a great chance to check out the city and it is only around 4 hours from Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Yep always been a Myrtle guy ;played'em all nothing like a UConn tourney to help me and my buddies find more golf in South Carolina. Sounds like the perfect trip!

Charleston Golf Guide - Charleston Golf Course Packages, Lodging

I second the Kiawah comment. That's our family destination every summer (way too humid for golf). November, however, would be perfect...they've been renovating Cougar Point (Gary Player course) - so hopefully that'll be done. Then there is Turtle Point (Nicklaus), Osprey Point (Fazio) and the Top 5 public course, The Ocean Course (Dye). The Ocean Course is very expensive and requires caddies - but it's a must/a once in a lifetime course.

Reaction Score
Someone let Coach Hurley know to watch out for this reporter at the airport.

He tried to interview Gregg Marshall and got shot down.. so that was his story. LOL

Reaction Score
I second the Kiawah comment. That's our family destination every summer (way too humid for golf). November, however, would be perfect...they've been renovating Cougar Point (Gary Player course) - so hopefully that'll be done. Then there is Turtle Point (Nicklaus), Osprey Point (Fazio) and the Top 5 public course, The Ocean Course (Dye). The Ocean Course is very expensive and requires caddies - but it's a must/a once in a lifetime course.

Thanks how far is Kiawah from Charleston?

If this does happen I will certainly offer up whatever golf trip I come up with to the BYers in case it works for some. There are a few I would say no to as I've already played with them LOL

Reaction Score
Someone let Coach Hurley know to watch out for this reporter at the airport.

He tried to interview Gregg Marshall and got shot down.. so that was his story. LOL

In Marshall's defense, he may have thought the reporter was just some random dude. Mr. Eisberg probably should have disclosed who he was and what the questions were for.

Reaction Score

If this does happen I will certainly offer up whatever golf trip I come up with to the BYers in case it works for some. There are a few I would say no to as I've already played with them LOL

It's off the coast of Charleston.

Reaction Score

Kiawah is less than an hour from Charleston and Hilton Head (Harbour Town, Sea Pines, etc...) is 2 hours away. No shortage of great choices.

C

Chief00

@Villanova

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44