2019-2020 Non-Conference Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019-2020 Non-Conference Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given that we're playing Nova 3x a season starting next year, any chance we could move that away game to a neutral site?
I doubt it; they came here two years ago and we were at a neutral site last year. Going there evens everything out.

Reaction Score
I doubt it; they came here two years ago and we were at a neutral site last year. Going there evens everything out.
Ah right for whatever reason I was thinking the game two years ago was part of a previous series. All is well then

Reaction Score
Kerry Blackshear to Florida... makes Nov 17th a tick more interesting
Wow, excellent pickup for Florida. Allows Omar Payne to develop at his own pace and not force him into key minutes.

After having Allen/Hudson/Hayes graduate Blackshear provides the team with a senior to lead their young nucleus in Nembhard/Johnson/Locke/Lewis/Mann who are all sophomores or younger. Exciting team in the SEC #anyonebutKentucky

Reaction Score
Indy at the Garden is a must. can't wait till 2020 to see another game there.

Florida could be high as #5 preseason now. might be the best team we'll have played since Nova in 2017-18.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How is Buffalo slated to be this year?

Graves. Jordan. Segu & Williams return. They add David Nickleberry a Top 25 JUCO. A. Johnson sat out last year. He can really play. Hardnett very good. Plus a bunch of other dogs.

I think Buffalo is going to be very good. They lost a lot but their roster is SOLID. They are DANGEROUS. It would be a very solid win for UConn. A tough one to get.

Reaction Score
If you can get past Buffalo, it would set you up against Xavier for a sampling of your future back in the BE.

Reaction Score
Graves. Jordan. Segu & Williams return. They add David Nickleberry a Top 25 JUCO. A. Johnson sat out last year. He can really play. Hardnett very good. Plus a bunch of other dogs.

I think Buffalo is going to be very good. They lost a lot but their roster is SOLID. They are DANGEROUS. It would be a very solid win for UConn. A tough one to get.

A must win or we'll close out the tournament with Towson and Missouri State.

Reaction Score

Lost their head coach, and Hardnett was just forced out at Cincinnati because he wasn't going to get minutes. So I don't know what they'll get out of him. I expect them to be solid, but probably not a top 40 team.

Reaction Score
Can’t believe we agreed to play against Jimmy C. What’s gonna happen if we lose??
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart @ Gampel, 11/8

I live about 15 minutes from SHU and I go to about five games a year.

They lost their best player from last year, but they have four really good returning players.

Their starting backcourt consists of two sophomores: Cameron Parker is more of a facilitator (6.1 ppg, 6.8 apg) while Koreem Ozier is a small, high-energy, poor efficiency volume shooter but is really fun to watch. Reminds me a lot of Pipkins.

In their frontcourt, junior EJ Anosike reminds me a lot of Jeff Adrien: 6'8 245 with wide shoulders and an ability to bulldoze to where he wants to go while Jare'l Spellman is a 6'10 205 senior rim protector who averaged 3 blocks a game last year.

The NEC is one of the worst conferences in D1, but it's fun to go to their games for $8 a ticket. Also, some cool personal connections since my dad is from one of the first graduating classes of SHU, my sister teaches there and Bobby Valentine is their AD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean I don’t hate the shot but it really didn’t mean much in the end. They still missed the tournament. Most fans don’t think about that shot.

I still swear if Boatright doesn't get hurt in that AAC Champ game we win it and make the tournament. Such a bad break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom