2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
With all the fun and glare of the Megan Walker Traveling Show & Extravaganza, I've largely missed this thread.

A few thoughts/insights:

- While Sammie Puisis is not rated in Prospects, she most certainly is in HoopGurlz. I've got friends from the southern Ohio area who are -- at best -- casual hoops fans and they've even heard of her. As Orangutan mentioned, Ohio is in the recruiting zone of ND and I'll bet a bottom dollar MM and Niele are totally up to snuff on her progress.
BTW, she makes HG 2019 Top Five: 2019 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Terrific 25 - ESPN

- Speakng of the Midwest and HG's Top 5, Breanna Beal has been featured in the Chicago Tribune and has offers from here there and everywhere. She
specifically mentions UConn and Stanford, in particular, as the kinds of school she wants to attend. Check out the orchestra shot.
Midwest Elite sensation Breanna Beal goes national with big-time performances

Kenny Kolina input:
Breanna Beal 6-1 2019 IL – Pure stud … How no one mentions this kid I dont know but one of the younger players here but very good can play ⅔ spot shoot the 3 athletic and can defend. Not a look at me type player but trust me you’ll look at her.

- Anaya Peoples. A point guard who seems to be rated highly across the various boards.
Analysis from Prospects Nation:
Anaya Peoples | Prospects Nation
Kolina:
Anaya Peoples 2019 IN – Really like Peoples needs to play with a little more energy for me but is a play maker at PG and can shoot it. Very high IQ player. Reminds me of former Tennessee guard Andraya Carter.

According to Flying Artichoke (who, tip of the hat, made me aware of her), she is very close to Katlyn Gilbert, the guard who just committed to Notre Dame. Both play for the AAU Team, Best Choice United.

- Samantha Brunelle. Can't teach height. And it sure helps that she already has a soft touch on that jumper at such an early age. Taller folks always take a bit longer to pull the whole package together so for her to be doing this well at such an early age...well. I'm sure UConn and ND (and many others) will be linked to the Sam's for quite some time.

- Faith Masonious. Charlie B and I have already watched and shared notes on her over the year. Not rated that highly in the services but you don't score 27 points in the final of New Jersey's Tournament of Champions as a frosh and not have talent. Given her family ties to UConn, I'd have to think that's a good few steps ahead of everyone (if both sides are interested), but Miss Masonious does happen to be HS teammates with a certain Dara Mabrey. MM likes her Jersey girls and she likes them from the shore conference. Stay tuned.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph was the coach in attendance to watch Zia Cooke Tuesday night. Video clip here shows Cooke mentioning that she hasn't received an offer from the Huskies yet.

Top college teams come to see Cooke
I like Zia attitude on this: "It is good that they (UCONN) are here but the fact that I don't have an offer from them means I got to work harder"

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I like Zia attitude on this: "It is good that they (UCONN) are here but the fact that I don't have an offer from them means I got to work harder"

Interesting that six of the first 18 players listed in HoopGurlz Top 25 of 2019 players are point guards: Chloe Chapman, Zia Cooke, Shaila Beeler, Anaya Peoples, Rikki Harris and Jaden Owens. 2019 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Terrific 25 - ESPN

It's obviously early in the careers but that's a bevy of ballhandlers!

Reaction Score

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I've been observing her progress for a couple of years now.......she should be dominant at the next level..wouldn't say she's going to reach EDD or Stewart level but that is a possibility...you know the Boneyard mantra..if she wants to be the best then she needs to learn from the best!!!!!

There are many roads to excellence and I hope she finds hers. Where she goes to college aside -- there will be much time and discussion for that (witness the Megan Walker oxygen expenditures) -- she looks like a young, stellar talent. Usually takes the taller players a bit longer to get the act together, but she seems to moving along just (very) fine, given her track record to date. Look forward to your updates on her.

p.s. In that article and accompanying pictures, she looks like a natural in the USA uniform as she turns the corner!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Yep, and she looked really competitive defending in that clip too. Shea must've taken notice.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She's the next "Big Thing" in NJ High School WBB....made my daughter look silly more then once this summer......Yes...... there is definitely interest from UConn among many others

MainlandGirlsBball @MainlandGBBall
Congrats to new Mustang Kylie Watson on receiving 3 NCAA D1 offers in one week! UVA, Nova, and Louisville would be getting one great kid!

KYLEE WATSON- MAINLAND REG HIGH SCHOOL-6’3’- FORWARD

Now some will question why she is on this list. While she will not be attending a shore school. She is every bit a shore player. She has trained and played with shore teams thought-out her young career. She is currently playing up as part of the best 2019 AAU team in the state, THE JERSEY STARZ’S. There is zero question who is the best incoming freshman in the entire state of New Jersey; Kylee Watson is a player every program would be proud to build around. Her teammates like, respect and admire her. Next she has no ego, she will be the same person everyday she walks in the gym…she is a attitude free player. She will not expect special treatment and her family will not allow it. Her mother and future high school coach was a star at Delaware University. Her father is a former football coach. They will not allow this young lady to step out of bounds as a player of student. Her impact will be much like last year’s mega star baby Faith Masonius….off the charts. She is a true point forward in every sense of the word. She can put the ball on the deck, shoot three’s, post up and is murder off the dribble. She plays on both sides of the floor, she can block shots and can guard every single position on the floor. Here is what I will say about Kylee Watson, she may be most talented player with her size….I HAVE EVER SEEN. My guess is that she will be one of the Top 10 players in the country one day. There is zero question she will be a one of the best player in New Jersey next season. She is a SHORE ADOPTED PLAYER IN MY MIND….she is a mega talent with a real understanding what the word teammate means.

Charlie...where did you pull this write-up from? The Shore Report? The write-up very much reminds me of the one did on Masonius last year.
So, she'll be a sophomore?

Speaking of sophomores, I came across this earlier-in-the-summer write up on the USA-u17 trials and found a line on Michelle Sidor, who I know you have mixed feelings about. In any case she seemed to be firing away out there. Given how many talented seniors her HS team is losing, it will be interesting to see how she holds up when the main focus will be on her. Wonder if any transfers came into Saddle River Day.

USA U17 Trial First Impressions | Prospects Nation

Lastly, switching to Class of 2017, I'm still a bit perplexed to read virtually nothing about Raven Farley-Clarke, who has charted out well in most services. We've both seen her on and off, but the lack of any news on her is surprising (particularly given that 6'4" posts don't grow on trees). Have you heard anything?

Reaction Score
Charlie...where did you pull this write-up from? The Shore Report? The write-up very much reminds me of the one did on Masonius last year.

Speaking of sophomores, I came across this earlier-in-the-summer write up on the USA-u17 trials and found a line on Michelle Sidor, who I know you have mixed feelings about. In any case she seemed to be firing away out there. Given how many talented seniors her HS team is losing, it will be interesting to see how she holds up when the main focus will be on her. Wonder if any transfers came into Saddle River Day.

Lastly, switching to Class of 2017, I'm still a bit perplexed to read virtually nothing about Raven Farley-Clarke, who has charted out well in most services. We've both seen her on and off, but the lack of any news on her is surprising (particularly given that 6'4" posts don't grow on trees). Have you heard anything?

If I remember correctly it was from Tiny Green's blog at Hoop Group.............he is the king of NJ Shore basketball assessments...........haven't seen Clarke recently........frankly don't know where she's at after the Sparks had their breakup...............Sidor is going to be enemy #1 for every team she faces and she lost all of that senior help that she had last year...........we may see her in the next few weeks, not sure if SRD is participating in our unofficial "coachless" fall league, something tells me she'll still get 20+ per game but it wan't be easy........there's a slight possibility we may see AEH soon as I heard a rumor Ossining may be coming down our way............that would be fun.............or not for our kids

Reaction Score

BTW Tiny Green says this about Kylee Watson "Kylee Watson is something I have never seen before, she is the most talented player these eyes has ever seen ….PERIOD"

That guy has seen pretty much every good/great NJ high school recruit for the past 15 years so I don't take those words lightly!!!! I know UConn is well aware of her............gotta keep the area talent home and that doesn't mean ND , Louisville or Maryland each of which have grabbed skilled NJ girls in the past few years

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Do we have Rebecca's girls signed up yet? How about Maria's daughter? (She may be short but will probably be slow enough to make up for it.) Got to plan ahead, donchaknow?

Reaction Score
I want Faith Masonius.
Just love her game. Saw her play while in Jersey last year.

Reaction Score
No idea why not. We could definitely use her considering we lose A'ja a few months prior, haven't brought in a TRUE post in years and we're not really expected to in 2017 either. We do have Harrigan but her game is very Wing-like, she's almost as good outside as she is inside.

I'm assuming it's because we're going after Collier, Nelson-Ododa and a few regional posts really hard in that class..

Either way, SC will be a team of guards and wings in about 2 years if I'm judging by our current recruiting successes and trends.
What position did the USC coach play?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin report on September 23-25 exposure events includes one UConn target.

Samantha Brunelle, 6-2, power forward, 2019, Team Loaded 2018 Davis 17U (Ruckersville, Virginia)

Brunelle had the performance of the weekend, 36 points versus a respectable Georgia Sting team. She has good post up moves (beautiful sky hook) but can also hit the three and mid-range shots. She passes well to the post when on the perimeter. Defensively she showed the ability to block shots. If you want a weakness, call her a finesse stretch four in need to toughen up a bit. However, come senior year do not be surprised to call her “National High School Player of the Year”. She is certainly a candidate for the class of 2019.

Sept 2016 Eval Weekend:Talent present, college coaches absent

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin report on September 23-25 exposure events includes one UConn target.

Samantha Brunelle, 6-2, power forward, 2019, Team Loaded 2018 Davis 17U (Ruckersville, Virginia)

Brunelle had the performance of the weekend, 36 points versus a respectable Georgia Sting team. She has good post up moves (beautiful sky hook) but can also hit the three and mid-range shots. She passes well to the post when on the perimeter. Defensively she showed the ability to block shots. If you want a weakness, call her a finesse stretch four in need to toughen up a bit. However, come senior year do not be surprised to call her “National High School Player of the Year”. She is certainly a candidate for the class of 2019.

Sept 2016 Eval Weekend:Talent present, college coaches absent
Thanks! Great skills, but needs to toughen up. Sounds like Geno's assessment of Elena.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
PROSPECTS NATION 2019 TOP 60 RANKINGS OUT
Guard Zoe Young of Iowa Tops List; Sam Brunelle at #4

Prospects Nation just put out its latest rankings of the 2019 Top 60 and a slew of the players we've talked about are listed, from point guard Anaya Peoples (#3) and forward Breanna Beal (#6) to wing Sammie Puisis (#19) and post Aliyah Boston from Massachusetts (#22).

Charlie -- a number of the NJ prospects you and I have observed and shared observations about are also on this list: guard Michelle Sidor (#44); forward Faith Masonius (#50); and, point guard Asonah Alexander (#59). All are in their sophomore seasons of high school and I look forward to catching the NJ talent this winter.

2019 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly it was from Tiny Green's blog at Hoop Group...he is the king of NJ Shore basketball assessments......haven't seen Clarke recently...frankly don't know where she's at after the Sparks had their breakup.....Sidor is going to be enemy #1 for every team she faces and she lost all of that senior help that she had last year......we may see her in the next few weeks, not sure if SRD is participating in our unofficial "coachless" fall league, something tells me she'll still get 20+ per game but it wan't be easy...there's a slight possibility we may see AEH soon as I heard a rumor Ossining may be coming down our way..that would be fun...or not for our kids

New rankings out from Prospects Nation out for 2019 -- Masonius and Sidor both made it...put a separate post in this thread. Just wanted to let you know...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom