2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Disagree with McCormick. Puisis, at this stage is better than Brunelle. Better ball handler, quicker on the attack, ambidextrous, and great anticipation around the boards.

Not sure you can make a final decision based on some best of video clips, you also have to take the quality of opposition into account.........Sam B is has the cleaner handle.......what stands out the most about SP is her attacking mentality..............can't learn that

Reaction Score
Why don't we just pick up both and then we can compare?
Oh I agree completely. I'd take both tomorrow. I was more referring to to McCormick saying Brunelle was the best in her class. I just see it differently right now but both have to be at least top 5.

Reaction Score
From Kenny Kalina - Myra Gordon 6-0 G (TX) " Not a flashy player but a big physical guard who just punishes you to the rim and can shoot the 3. Does all the little things that it takes to win."

Sounds a bit like her big sister!!

Reaction Score
Here's what he said about Lexi " Has become more than a shooter, one of the highest basketball IQ's all weekend."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Kenny Kalina - Myra Gordon 6-0 G (TX) " Not a flashy player but a big physical guard who just punishes you to the rim and can shoot the 3. Does all the little things that it takes to win."

Sounds a bit like her big sister!!
Myra is tall for her age. Is she class of 2019 or 2020?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Here's one guy's report on the John Lucas 160 event

Strange how he leaves out some big names in all but one category

John Lucas Top160 Superlatives

I like the "best all around"

UCONN has a verbal from one and is looking at 2 ( Walker/Brunelle) of the other 3. I think Patterson has verbaled to Texas already. Good find.

Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith names her top 15 schools................most of the usual suspects although no South Carolina

LY$$♻️‏@imwithhoops
Top 15 #Loading...

Cqaldx3UMAAFMCr.jpg

CqalmNQUsAE9IeS.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Charliebball Nalyssa Smith is class of 2018, I though this thread was about "19-'20.
No particular order, but the 4 Texas schools are listed first and Kansas where her brother attends school is listed right after. Could she be sending a message that she intends to stay in Texas? Also the August 2016 article indicated strong family ties:

"Our bond is unbreakable," Rodney Jr. (Her brother) said. "I drove eight hours from Kansas to Colorado to see her at USA trials, and she busted out crying when she saw me."
After he left for college, Rodney also surprised her at one of her high school games, hugging her on the court during warm-ups. She cried then, too."

Versatile recruit NaLyssa Smith has been wowing fans for years

My bet is Nalyssa doesn't go too far from home.

Reaction Score
@Charliebball Nalyssa Smith is class of 2018, I though this thread was about "19-'20.
No particular order, but the 4 Texas schools are listed first and Kansas where her brother attends school is listed right after. Could she be sending a message that she intends to stay in Texas? Also the August 2016 article indicated strong family ties:

Versatile recruit NaLyssa Smith has been wowing fans for years

My bet is Nalyssa doesn't go too far from home.
Even the great thinkers screw up once in a while!!! :rolleyes:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith names her top 15 schools......most of the usual suspects although no South Carolina

What is sad, from my perspective, is that the phrase "most of the usual suspects" no longer includes Duke.

It really says a lot about the state of the program.

:(

Reaction Score
What is sad, from my perspective, is that the phrase "most of the usual suspects" no longer includes Duke.

I feel your pain.........unfortunately the Duke administration apparently doesn't share that feeling!!!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

You're Duke. You'll be fine. Get rid of the crazy first.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith names her top 15 schools......most of the usual suspects although no South Carolina

LY$$♻️‏@imwithhoops
Top 15 #Loading...

Cqaldx3UMAAFMCr.jpg

CqalmNQUsAE9IeS.jpg

No idea why not. We could definitely use her considering we lose A'ja a few months prior, haven't brought in a TRUE post in years and we're not really expected to in 2017 either. We do have Harrigan but her game is very Wing-like, she's almost as good outside as she is inside.

I'm assuming it's because we're going after Collier, Nelson-Ododa and a few regional posts really hard in that class..

Either way, SC will be a team of guards and wings in about 2 years if I'm judging by our current recruiting successes and trends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No idea why not. We could definitely use her considering we lose A'ja a few months prior, haven't brought in a TRUE post in years and we're not really expected to in 2017 either. We do have Harrigan but her game is very Wing-like, she's almost as good outside as she is inside.
Either way, SC will be a team of guards and wings in about 2 years if I'm judging by our current recruiting successes and trends.

Wouldn't worry too much........there are enough quality posts in the next 3 classes for each of the big schools..........of course UConn wants the best two available..............they've earned it!!!!;)

Reaction Score
She's the next "Big Thing" in NJ High School WBB..............made my daughter look silly more then once this summer................Yes................ there is definitely interest from UConn among many others

MainlandGirlsBball @MainlandGBBall
Congrats to new Mustang Kylie Watson on receiving 3 NCAA D1 offers in one week! UVA, Nova, and Louisville would be getting one great kid!

KYLEE WATSON- MAINLAND REG HIGH SCHOOL-6’3’- FORWARD

Now some will question why she is on this list. While she will not be attending a shore school. She is every bit a shore player. She has trained and played with shore teams thought-out her young career. She is currently playing up as part of the best 2019 AAU team in the state, THE JERSEY STARZ’S. There is zero question who is the best incoming freshman in the entire state of New Jersey; Kylee Watson is a player every program would be proud to build around. Her teammates like, respect and admire her. Next she has no ego, she will be the same person everyday she walks in the gym…she is a attitude free player. She will not expect special treatment and her family will not allow it. Her mother and future high school coach was a star at Delaware University. Her father is a former football coach. They will not allow this young lady to step out of bounds as a player of student. Her impact will be much like last year’s mega star baby Faith Masonius….off the charts. She is a true point forward in every sense of the word. She can put the ball on the deck, shoot three’s, post up and is murder off the dribble. She plays on both sides of the floor, she can block shots and can guard every single position on the floor. Here is what I will say about Kylee Watson, she may be most talented player with her size….I HAVE EVER SEEN. My guess is that she will be one of the Top 10 players in the country one day. There is zero question she will be a one of the best player in New Jersey next season. She is a SHORE ADOPTED PLAYER IN MY MIND….she is a mega talent with a real understanding what the word teammate means.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's the next "Big Thing" in NJ High School WBB....made my daughter look silly more then once this summer......Yes...... there is definitely interest from UConn among many others

MainlandGirlsBball @MainlandGBBall
Congrats to new Mustang Kylie Watson on receiving 3 NCAA D1 offers in one week! UVA, Nova, and Louisville would be getting one great kid!

KYLEE WATSON- MAINLAND REG HIGH SCHOOL-6’3’- FORWARD

Now some will question why she is on this list. While she will not be attending a shore school. She is every bit a shore player. She has trained and played with shore teams thought-out her young career. She is currently playing up as part of the best 2019 AAU team in the state, THE JERSEY STARZ’S. There is zero question who is the best incoming freshman in the entire state of New Jersey; Kylee Watson is a player every program would be proud to build around. Her teammates like, respect and admire her. Next she has no ego, she will be the same person everyday she walks in the gym…she is a attitude free player. She will not expect special treatment and her family will not allow it. Her mother and future high school coach was a star at Delaware University. Her father is a former football coach. They will not allow this young lady to step out of bounds as a player of student. Her impact will be much like last year’s mega star baby Faith Masonius….off the charts. She is a true point forward in every sense of the word. She can put the ball on the deck, shoot three’s, post up and is murder off the dribble. She plays on both sides of the floor, she can block shots and can guard every single position on the floor. Here is what I will say about Kylee Watson, she may be most talented player with her size….I HAVE EVER SEEN. My guess is that she will be one of the Top 10 players in the country one day. There is zero question she will be a one of the best player in New Jersey next season. She is a SHORE ADOPTED PLAYER IN MY MIND….she is a mega talent with a real understanding what the word teammate means.

Another Louisville offer confirmed was what I got out of all that!

Reaction Score
Another Louisville offer confirmed was what I got out of all that!

with so few locals on ESPN top player lists these days this is significant.......legit UConn interest is good to see

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom