2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 203 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw on the Worchester Academy web site that Bostons nickname is Peaches...

Hhmm. Doesn't exactly strike fear into your soul but I guess fits our team theme like 'squeaks'. ;)

Reaction Score
recent Mark Lewis write up

Hannah Gusters – 2020 – Post – Duncanville– Size and frame…Continues to evolve…Got good looks but struggled with finishing on day one…Makes herself an option…Understands posting angles and position…Keeps it high on the catch…Good awareness of defenders…Surprising agility and rotations defensively…Adds to her game each time we see her…Limits are only those she allows

Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I haven't responded to his statements because I'm holding on to my "I told you so's". Then I'm going to cartwheel into the room.

Guess you are not going to be "cartwheeling into the room" anytime soon, huh?

MTC

Reaction Score
With Boston going to South Carolina we will need an inside player transfer next year.

MTC

Reaction Score
Why has Geno done such a puzzling job of recruiting this year?

Reaction Score
With Boston going to South Carolina we will need an inside player transfer next year.

We are not Notre Dame, there is NO way the NCAA will grant an immediate eligibility waiver to help us. The 5th year transfer options are always "meh" at best.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What was puzzling about it? He did what he always does, the recruits just chose to sign with other schools, it happens. It is just 1 year and Coach Auriemma and UConn will be back with a solid class next year,
LOL! :eek:
1543260375918.png

MTC

Reaction Score
What a bummer with Haley Jones going to Stanford and it looks like they get next year's #1 also. Notre Dame has so many recruits that they are turning some down. Some one needs to give me some good news.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Been out of commission internet-wise for a while so expect some later(r) news on players including another write-up on Hannah Gusters:

Hannah Gusters-post (Duncanville) on just about every major programs wish list and at 6’4, already shows she can dominate yet still has upside

Pre Thanksgiving Trifecta

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers had 26 points and 7 rebounds last Saturday for Hopkins with Lindsay Whalen in attendance.

Paige had 18 and 24 in her two games prior.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith's season debut was this past Tuesday:

28 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 9 steals

King's HS is literally minutes away from me!.....unfortunately the game is in Cashmere. :oops: I should probably go watch her play, but the drive is a bit prohibitive. They do play at Leavenworth, which is about 20 minutes closer. Still gotta drive over a mountain pass that has been getting plenty of snow recently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That's all??

Did you hear the part about her outscoring the other team by herself? The level of competition she's playing against, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. She doesn't need to go out and score 50 points every game, but she probably could come close to that.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the part about her outscoring the other team by herself? The level of competition she's playing against, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. She doesn't need to go out and score 50 points every game, but she probably could come close to that.
I expected that the competition is lacking for the top players. It's like that in most parts of the country. You should see Florida. My comment was tongue in cheek.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I expected that the competition is lacking for the top players. It's like that in most parts of the country. You should see Florida. My comment was tongue in cheek.

My bad, my sarcasm meter malfunctioned. Yeah, elite players are going to outclass the competition, but she would be much more challenged if she was at a 3A or 4A school. Playing at 1A in Washington, she's probably not going up against any D1 prospects, and if there are only mid to low major level of players. But obviously she goes up against the best on the AAU circuit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom