2019-20 nonconference schedules | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2019-20 nonconference schedules

Reaction Score

Non-conference Schedule games:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kudos - that’s a respectable OOC (unlike most of your fellow SEC schools) - Maryland, Dayton, Baylor, Duke, UConn!
Respectable is an understatement. That is an awesome and challenging OOC. Kudos to Dawn and that set of games is harder than the SEC schedule with Maryland, Clemson, Indiana, Purdue, Duke, Baylor, South Dakota and UConn. Baptism by fire for those freshman. Hey Vic, take a long hard look and maybe learn something.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Respectable is an understatement. That is an awesome and challenging OOC. Kudos to Dawn and that set of games is harder than the SEC schedule with Maryland, Clemson, Indiana, Purdue, Duke, Baylor, South Dakota and UConn. Baptism by fire for those freshman. Hey Vic, take a long hard look and maybe learn something.
Much agreed. This will end up being easily a top 5 nonconference SOS and will give South Carolina a top 3 overall SOS. Two Final Four teams from last year, another team who will likely be top 10, several NCAA tournament teams and other top 100 teams. Plenty of other coaches (ahem) would use a young roster as an excuse to go Cupcake City in the scheduling. Not Dawn.

Reaction Score
Is SC’s much better than theirs was last year? They look pretty similar to me.

18-19: Clemson, Maryland, Oregon State, Drake, Dayton, Baylor, UConn, and Temple

19-20: Clemson, Maryland, Indiana, South Dakota, Dayton, Baylor, UConn, and Temple

Almost all the same teams except Oregon State and Drake, who were replaced by a pair of weaker teams Indiana and South Dakota. Last year’s SOS was #10 per Massey, but I guess the SEC is likely to be stronger this year to help that?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

18-19: Clemson, Maryland, Oregon State, Drake, Dayton, Baylor, UConn, and Temple

19-20: Clemson, Maryland, Indiana, South Dakota, Dayton, Baylor, UConn, and Temple, Duke

Almost all the same teams except Oregon State and Drake, who were replaced by a pair of weaker teams Indiana and South Dakota. Last year’s SOS was #10 per Massey, but I guess the SEC is likely to be stronger this year to help that?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

19-20: Clemson, Maryland, Indiana, South Dakota, Dayton, Baylor, UConn, and Temple

Clemson will be better, SD is better than Drake, Temple should be better, Indiana (should be very good this year) being added over some of the lower ones from last year more than offset the Oregon State game. Not so sure how good the SEC will be vs. the other P5’s as PAC12 is clearly #1, ACC is clearly #2, after that it could be close between the Big10 and SEC. Despite Baylor being a beast, Texas still has Karen leading them (or not leading them) with the rest of the conference just not ast good relational to the other conferences 3, 4, 5, 6 place teams.
The SEC is bunched in the ranking range of 8-12 with SC, Texas A&M, MSU, KY and maybe Arkansas. Tenn could be interesting if KJH can get chemistry to harness the talent, however they would still only be a 20-25 range team at best.

Reaction Score
Clemson will be better, SD is better than Drake, Temple should be better, Indiana (should be very good this year) being added over some of the lower ones from last year more than offset the Oregon State game. Not so sure how good the SEC will be vs. the other P5’s as PAC12 is clearly #1, ACC is clearly #2, after that it could be close between the Big10 and SEC. Despite Baylor being a beast, Texas still has Karen leading them (or not leading them) with the rest of the conference just not ast good relational to the other conferences 3, 4, 5, 6 place teams.
The SEC is bunched in the ranking range of 8-12 with SC, Texas A&M, MSU, KY and maybe Arkansas. Tenn could be interesting if KJH can get chemistry to harness the talent, however they would still only be a 20-25 range team at best.
Drake beat South Dakota last year and they return their two leading scorers and will add Kierra Collier, and then later on will add Grace Berg. I see them as better than South Dakota, but that may just be my opinion.

Clemson loses 3 of their top 4 scorers, so what will make them better then last year?

Of the teams on last years schedule not on this year's schedule, they were replaced with:
- East Tennessee State -> USC Upstate (weaker)
- Oregon State -> Indiana (weaker)
- Drake -> South Dakota (weaker, IMO)
- Furman -> Washington State (stronger)

They play a great schedule, I just don't see how it is any stronger than theirs was last year.

Reaction Score
Isn't Duke going to be better this coming season vs last season? And does anyone know the status of Boykin, who has suffered through multiple knee injuries?

Reaction Score
South Carolina does play a difficult schedule pretty much every season. This is in line with recent schedules.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look too cupcakey? MSU, UCONN, South Dakota State, Tennessee, DePaul, South Florida. Far less cupcakey than a lot of P5 programs, including my OSU Beavers.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look too cupcakey? MSU, UCONN, South Dakota State, Tennessee, DePaul, South Florida. Far less cupcakey than a lot of P5 programs, including my OSU Beavers.
Than usual. ND is always up there with having a tough OOC. I was comparing it to their past schedules. But you're right, it's not cupcakey at all when you compare to some other schools.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I don't think Michigan and Minnesota are cupcakes either. Hardly any fluff in this schedule.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
More cupcakey than usual, but understandable
I am all for piling on MM even if the premise is flawed. So if you are going to impugn this OOC compared to others you would do well to qualify how the past OOC’s were stronger as to be honest (and fair -ah gawd I’m gonna vomit) this is a very good schedule and if others were harder I really want to hear who was on it. :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am all for piling on MM even if the premise is flawed. So if you are going to impugn this OOC compared to others you would do well to qualify how the past OOC’s were stronger as to be honest (and fair -ah gawd I’m gonna vomit) this is a very good schedule and if others were harder I really want to hear who was on it. :)
I'm too lazy to look - I do have like 10 years of every team's results on a spreadsheet - but I have to point out that for years, Notre Dame has consistently had the toughest looking (without digging deep) OOC schedule except for UConn. One year a few years back, they played 5 P5 teams in the OOC, and no other team except UConn (like 6 or 7) and Rutgers (3) scheduled more than 2 that year. Things have improved across the board since then, but it is indicative of the poster's point.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well it depends on the bracket. Maybe it will be Stanford getting stuck w/ 2 throwaway games and only 1 quality opponent.
The pairings for the Victoria Invitational were released last month, and it looks like Mississippi State will have at most one high-quality opponent (they might play Stanford or Syracuse, but not both).

1570978889986.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Umm, no. MM always figures out a way to score and while I am pleasantly surprised by what you have posted on Coach KJH, that roster is still devoid of quality passing and shooters. Ms Davis aside, where is the scoring going to come from? Plus it’s at ND, my money is on MM...sorry :oops:
If you look at the TN roster, they have one player under 6' (5'8" guard). If Coach KJH can get the height to play defense, they should be in the game. I don't see TN playing the "get it into the big girl" offense on a regular basis. Believe it or not, there will be TN 3 point shots taken.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The pairings for the Victoria Invitational were released last month, and it looks like Mississippi State will have at most one high-quality opponent (they might play Stanford or Syracuse, but not both).

Maybe some of those other teams will be better than expected, but it doesn't look as good as last year's field for sure. There were the big 3 but Gonzaga, Rutgers and Drake all had fine seasons as well.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
To me the most interesting game. Is the game at Notre Dame. Given the the ND roster looks like this year. I think that's a winnable game.

to me, the most interesting non conf game for those lady vols will be uconn without a doubt. i see them coming into the uconn game with maybe only one loss to a tough stanford team. i wouldnt be surprised if cbs picks up the game..

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
and remember holly isnt the coach anymore, so expect to see a night and day difference from what this team played like last season. as far as scoring goes, there are a ton of options outside of davis. horston, green, kushkitah, massingill and key will all bring balanced scoring options along with a super talented bench. a lot of high low action. a lot of ppl seem to be sleeping on this team, but finishing up in the top 10 is def not out of the question for tennessee..

the real concern for me isnt how they will do this season, its the recruiting part. 2020 so far has been a big bust

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom