2019-20 Former Players Playing Overseas | The Boneyard

2019-20 Former Players Playing Overseas

Reaction Score
Seasons around the world are getting started.

Tiffany Hayes played her first game for Avenida, a Spanish powerhouse based in Salamanca:

This is why she is unlikely to even think about representing the United States as the team benefits from being able to count her as a citizen of Azerbaijan.

Reaction Score
When do other former UConners head overseas? KLS, Pheesa, etc. I assume Breanna will still be rehabbing. Anyway to catch these games on television?

Reaction Score
Seasons around the world are getting started.

Tiffany Hayes played her first game for Avenida, a Spanish powerhouse based in Salamanca:

This is why she is unlikely to even think about representing the United States as the team benefits from being able to count her as a citizen of Azerbaijan.
Is there a roster listing for these teams?
Thanks.

Reaction Score
When do other former UConners head overseas? KLS, Pheesa, etc. I assume Breanna will still be rehabbing. Anyway to catch these games on television?

A number of leagues broadcast some or all of their games freely on the internet worldwide. FIBA streams the EuroLeague and EuroCup games on their YouTube channel.

When WNBA players leave tends to depend on when their WNBA seasons finish, how much leverage they have, and whether they would be missing out on money by reporting late. Some leagues start later than others while some teams have key games immediately. Gabby Williams may already be in France because they have a big game this week so her team was probably fine with her playoff elimination as well as Sami Whitcomb's. The non-WNBA players like Barbara Turner/Bahar Ozturk and Ketia Swanier are generally there around a month before their seasons start.

Is there a roster listing for these teams?
Thanks.

For these specific teams or for teams in general? The roster rules around the world are not like the ones in the United States so there are often no official fixed lists. Some teams don't even have websites. Most league websites keep a relatively updated list, but it may exclude some players who play in other competitions and not with the team in the main league.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gabby just arrived in France today , I believe

Reaction Score
Gabby made it in time for Lattes Montpellier's trip to Greece for the first of the two game EuroLeague qualifier series:

Jacki Gemelos is still going strong and pretty healthy in her pro career.

Reaction Score
Gabby's team got the win so they will play in EuroLeague instead of dropping down to EuroCup:

One of the other series had the unusual situation of the game going to overtime even when it was not tied. The format for these competitions is two games, one hosted by each team, with the scores combined to determine which team advances. DVTK won their home game by 10 and then Reyer Venezia did the same so they had to play an overtime until the overall score was not tied.

For those curious, Natalie Butler resumes her career after playing only briefly last season. She signed with the powerhouse team in Romania, Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe. You can keep track of her stats there here:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gabby's team got the win so they will play in EuroLeague instead of dropping down to EuroCup:

One of the other series had the unusual situation of the game going to overtime even when it was not tied. The format for these competitions is two games, one hosted by each team, with the scores combined to determine which team advances. DVTK won their home game by 10 and then Reyer Venezia did the same so they had to play an overtime until the overall score was not tied.

For those curious, Natalie Butler resumes her career after playing only briefly last season. She signed with the powerhouse team in Romania, Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe. You can keep track of her stats there here:

Natalie 6-6 and 10 Rebounds. Sounds about right.

Reaction Score
Are any of UConn’s former players playing in a league in China? That is where T McCowan is going.

Reaction Score
Natalie 6-6 and 10 Rebounds. Sounds about right.

She had an interesting second game, a margin she never experienced even with y'all. They, a team full of professionals who think they could make the next round of EuroCup, played a team of teenagers and not necessarily the best teenagers. They outscored them 98-4 in the first half and then took it relatively easy on them in the second half for a 178-31 win:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS's team Flammes Carlo won their first game of the season tonight in France 95-76.
KLS scored 16 points on 5 for 12 shooting(2 for 6 from downtown) plus 4 for FT's. KLS also had 7 rebounds and 2 assists, playing over 35 minutes.
It appears these games are on You tube, but blocked from viewing in the USA Head bang

Box score below
basketlfb.com/scorebox?match=1316169

Reaction Score
KLS's team Flammes Carlo won their first game of the season tonight in France 95-76.
KLS scored 16 points on 5 for 12 shooting(2 for 6 from downtown) plus 4 for FT's. KLS also had 7 rebounds and 2 assists, playing over 35 minutes.
It appears these games are on You tube, but blocked from viewing in the USA Head bang

Box score below
basketlfb.com/scorebox?match=1316169
Yes, I tied watching on YouTube but all the platforms had been suspended.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS's sister, @KSam44 plays in Spain for Avenue Perfermiries, with Tiffany Hayes and Maite Cazorla(Oregon) They won today 87-50.
Karlie had 13 points and Tiff Hayes and Cazorla both had 8 points. I have watched this team and they play well as a team, so far. I dont know the level of the teams they are playing in the Spanish League and will see how they play in either Euroleague or EuroCup games.

Reaction Score
I think not knowing what vpn stands for probably means I can’t do it. I did understand u.

Lol it’s a thing that basically blocks your location, so you can watch things from different countries, you can just google free vpn and some will pop up.

Reaction Score
Lol it’s a thing that basically blocks your location, so you can watch things from different countries, you can just google free vpn and some will pop up.
I did already, old dog learning new tricks.Thanks.

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes played her first game for several months, which in women's basketball terms feels like a few centuries:

She is playing for Fenerbahce again, this time counting as a Turk instead of a foreigner.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Mid-range jumper from Flammes Carolo`s newest star!

Tres bien!

Flammes 95.jpg

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes played her first game for several months, which in women's basketball terms feels like a few centuries:

She is playing for Fenerbahce again, this time counting as a Turk instead of a foreigner.

What happened to Kiah again? Been a long time...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom