2018 World Series: Los Angeles vs. Boston | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 World Series: Los Angeles vs. Boston

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Dodgers are talented, but they kind of mailed the whole season in. I love it any time one of my teams makes the Finals/World Series/Super Bowl, but this Dodgers team didn't really deserve a World Series. I am guessing most of the baseball world was rooting for the Brewers to beat the Dodgers, and I kind of get it.

I admit that I was in fact rooting for the Brew Crew. I think the Sox would have fairly easily beaten them too but I also think that the combination of their lineup, their bullpen (most important), and their willingness to think "outside the box" could have stolen a game or maybe two.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The NY papers (Post, Times, ..) have been jumping on the Sox bandwagon since the ALDS with multiple stories on the Sox.

From today's NY Times,
"
We’ve got a lot of good players, and we’ve got a long way to go,” Roberts said.

The problem is, the Red Sox have better players and are already halfway home.
"
Win No. 2 for a Red Sox Team Looking Like the Inevitable Champion

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know this a "no kidding" statement but I would really like to see the "on" Rick Porcello tomorrow. He has much less margin for error than the others but when he has command it's a very enjoyable watch. A poor man's Greg Maddux.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I admit that I was in fact rooting for the Brew Crew. I think the Sox would have fairly easily beaten them too but I also think that the combination of their lineup, their bullpen (most important), and their willingness to think "outside the box" could have stolen a game or maybe two.

Yelich was pitched around and was stone cold when he wasn't. Brewers were certainly a very imperfect team (they did get swept by Bucs in a five game series after all), but Counsell, who'd been mostly brilliant all season through the NLDS, made some poor decisions on taking starters out too soon and overusing Jeffress, who was toast by end of Sept.

Reaction Score
I don't like the Porcello match up in Game 3 against the Dodgers left handers. Roberts sat his best power hitters in game 2 for no other reason than the Sox pitched a left hander. They will all be in the line up against Porcello so I'd give the Dodgers a slight edge in game 3.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Dodgers had to play two games last night to get 1 win.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've got to imagine an already thin crowd at the Rent today may be even skinnier due to hard core Sox fans oversleeping and blowing off today's clash of the bottom dwelling titans.

Reaction Score
I don't like the Porcello match up in Game 3 against the Dodgers left handers. Roberts sat his best power hitters in game 2 for no other reason than the Sox pitched a left hander. They will all be in the line up against Porcello so I'd give the Dodgers a slight edge in game 3.
Actually, Porcello was pretty effective, but it is tough to win when you don't score. But who could have expected a win last night going into the seventh down by four. Maybe if Betts and JD start hitting but they didn't. The heros - Pearce, Moreland, Holt, Devers and the new Joe Kelly. This is an amazing team. Have you noticed their dugout. They seem to love playing for Cora.

Reaction Score
Actually, Porcello was pretty effective, but it is tough to win when you don't score. But who could have expected a win last night going into the seventh down by four. Maybe if Betts and JD start hitting but they didn't. The heros - Pearce, Moreland, Holt, Devers and the new Joe Kelly. This is an amazing team. Have you noticed their dugout. They seem to love playing for Cora.
No question that they like playing for Cora. I don't remember another Sox team that scored as many 2 out late inning runs.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see which Sale we get tonight. If he is on the series is over.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And the Price was right.

Regarding MVP of the series Most Valuable Pearce, he was very good with those homeruns. MVP could have also gone to Price. I view the MVP of the series as the whole Red Sox team as so many individuals made important contributions (Nate, Kelly, JBJ, Nunez, Beni, etc ....)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom