2018 UConn Commit #11 - Travis Jones (New Haven CT) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #11 - Travis Jones (New Haven CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wilbur Cross lineman Travis Jones chooses UConn
2016-All-Area-Football-Travis-Jones.png

Travis Jones is a 6-5 350lb OL from Wilbur Cross High School in New Haven. Other offers from Buffalo, Pitt, Rutgers (decommitted), Temple and BC

Reaction Score

Read article for context of below qoute:

>>On Thursday morning the Wilbur Cross High School football coach said that UConn commit Travis Jones, "could probably be the best (lineman) we've ever coached." Acquavita said that Jones is 6-foot-5 and 352 pounds and the starter for the Governors on both sides of the ball as a sophomore and junior who recently ran a time of 5.0 in the 40-yard dash. As a junior he had 45 tackles and a sack on defense and on offense he anchored a line that helped the Governors average 5.3 yards per carry.

"I think the sky is the limit with this kid,' Acquavita said. "I think if he continues to grow, there is no telling what he can do on a football field. He is very good, a very talented athlete for a guy that big." Acquavita wasn't sure where the All-Area lineman projects to play at UConn. "I think probably offensive guard but nobody has ruled out the defensive side of the ball either," Acquavita said.<<

Reaction Score
Good review of skills/upside:

Everyone associated with that Rutgers program are LOSERS - particularly the NJ writers. Note the comedy comments about Academics - like that Todderick would make this on one of their recruiting studs. Or ... the WE replaced him later that day crap. .

I wish we still played SUNJ

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone associated with that Rutgers program are LOSERS - particularly the NJ writers. Note the comedy comments about Academics - like that Todderick would make this on one of their recruiting studs. Or ... the WE replaced him later than day crap. *****.

FWIW - The comment/rumors on improving academics was out there when he was being recruited and then committed to Rutgers. It didn't just materialize on his commit to UConn. The offers by the other schools (including Pitt last week and Rut continuing to recruits him) all seem to point towards schools thinking he can meet the bar.

Reaction Score
Everyone associated with that Rutgers program are LOSERS - particularly the NJ writers. Note the comedy comments about Academics - like that Todderick would make this on one of their recruiting studs. Or ... the WE replaced him later than day crap. *****.

I thought that article was EXTREMELY complementary to Jones. I don't know Todderick (but it's a great name... like his parents wanted to name him Todd but wanted a more formal version), but I didn't think the academic comment was a shot, especially since he mentioned that it's being worked on. And the replacement comment was pretty benign.

As a NJ resident (and an RU grad after UConn), I wish we played them. That's what I'm so excited about with the coaching moves. I have a number of BC grad friends. I was not looking forward to playing them because as bad as they've been I had no faith in Diaco. Now I want to see BC, RU, Syracuse, etc. on the schedule as much as possible. But that's why they won't play us, of course. I expect BC to avoid future games if we start winning regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom