2018 UConn Commit #11 - Travis Jones (New Haven CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #11 - Travis Jones (New Haven CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that article was EXTREMELY complementary to Jones. I don't know Todderick (but it's a great name... like his parents wanted to name him Todd but wanted a more formal version), but I didn't think the academic comment was a shot, especially since he mentioned that it's being worked on. And the replacement comment was pretty benign.

As a NJ resident (and an RU grad after UConn), I wish we played them. That's what I'm so excited about with the coaching moves. I have a number of BC grad friends. I was not looking forward to playing them because as bad as they've been I had no faith in Diaco. Now I want to see BC, RU, Syracuse, etc. on the schedule as much as possible. But that's why they won't play us, of course. I expect BC to avoid future games if we start winning regularly.

Gross

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that our 2018 football recruiting would be going far better than our 2018 men's basketball recruiting...?

Craziness. In Randy I Trust.

I'd raise my hand to that question.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'd raise my hand to that question.

lol same here. Who would have thought that after a mass exodus of transfers and multiple disappointing seasons and a coach who will probably be fired if he doesn't perform this year that players would be hesitant to commit???

Reaction Score
I'm really pumped about this recruit and recruiting in general. Edsall and staff have been on fire since the regime change. Clemson is going to have a real contest when UCONN shows up.

This is old news now but i'm going to say it again, THANK YOU MICHIGAN FOR HIRING WARDE MANUEL....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@RichieSRivals Interview w/ TJ (he's a decent Twitter follow if you can filter out/tolerate the Rutgers stuff - he writes on both schools):

>>“I choose to commit to UConn because it is close to home and my family,” Jones told said. “My favorite thing about UConn is my mother and grandparents can come up to every game to see me play. I get to be a part of something special being an in-state kid committing to UConn.”<<

>>“I was on their campus recently and I just love their facilities. They have everything you need right on campus. I also like that it is away from the city.<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
@RichieSRivals Interview w/ TJ (he's a decent Twitter follow if you can filter out/tolerate the Rutgers stuff - he writes on both schools):

>>“I choose to commit to UConn because it is close to home and my family,” Jones told said. “My favorite thing about UConn is my mother and grandparents can come up to every game to see me play. I get to be a part of something special being an in-state kid committing to UConn.”<<

>>“I was on their campus recently and I just love their facilities. They have everything you need right on campus. I also like that it is away from the city.<<

Someone tweet this to Mr. Bothroyd!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Of all the guys in CT, he was the one I wanted the most. This size and relatively quick feet are not very common. The big programs have guys like this - non big time schools don't.
It also wouldn't shock me if he played defense.

Would probably make a great nose tackle at his size, and I'd imagine a big guy in the middle taking up multiple blockers is pretty valuable in the 3-3-5

C

Chief00

Would probably make a great nose tackle at his size, and I'd imagine a big guy in the middle taking up multiple blockers is pretty valuable in the 3-3-5

That's exactly what I was thinking - a guy in the middle to take up the blockers and get push - freeing up the speed on the edge.

Assistant Wholley I hear is killing it in CT

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

That's exactly what I was thinking - a guy in the middle to take up the blockers and get push - freeing up the speed on the edge.

Assistant Wholley I hear is killing it in CT

Not going to lie, I thought D Line too when I saw his picture and stats. I'm with @Palatine that we need to be stockpiling OL right now so kept it to myself. If we finish strong with OL recruits I'm all in on turning Travis into our own Snacks Harrison.
019.JPG

Reaction Score
Great get. Cant wait to see the young man and his family at The Rent watching Travis bulldozing us down the field. In a year or 2 he's gonna be needed.

Running backs we got your convoy!!!!

We be "Rolling" just need to keep it going!

Reaction Score

>>Feeling a bond with UConn offensive line back J.B. Grimes and trusting in Randy Edsall to return the Huskies to the point of making annual trips to bowl games, he committed to UConn. “He (Grimes) has a lot of experience under his belt,” Jones said. “I went up to the camp and he told me a lot of new stuff I didn’t know. “They have Coach Edsall back, he has built a lot of tradition up there. It helped me a lot. When I went up there, they weren’t talking to me about football, they were talking to me more as a person.”<<

>>Jones said his mother and grandparents were especially thrilled that he was staying close to home to play college football. He’s also heard from former New Haven high school football stars who are encouraging him to make the best of his opportunity at UConn. “I want to put New Haven on the map,” Jones said. “I got a couple of messages when they heard of it, people I didn’t even know saying, ‘way to say in state.’ I feel pride for representing my state.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom