2018 spring roster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 spring roster

Reaction Score
Defensive line is thin on personnel, outside of Murphy the experienced guys have never done anything in their careers to provide any optimism. I expect the redshirt and true freshman to see the field and maybe in start.

Reaction Score
This thread is laugh out loud funny.

Thanks y’all.

I just need a Pal post where he calls for Davis back to QB and we can shutter the BY.

So you can counter for Whitmer and his career 2-14 record to be given a lifetime appointment as our QB. Awww the good ole days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you can counter for Whitmer and his career 2-14 record to be given a lifetime appointment as our QB. Awww the good ole days.

Certainly that was the counter argument!

Quarterback for life!!

Not that Tim Boyle had no right being on the field.

Reaction Score
Certainly that was the counter argument!

Quarterback for life!!

Not that Tim Boyle had no right being on the field.

And now you are disagreeing with your hero Diaco's decision to start him? What a world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And now you are disagreeing with your hero Diaco's decision to start him? What a world.

Today I learned that a coach I vehemently hated from day 1 of his employment is my hero.

What a world indeed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Of course Palatine is still hitched to the wagon of one of the few quarterbacks in the country who provided a worse option than Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Defensive line is thin on personnel, outside of Murphy the experienced guys have never done anything in their careers to provide any optimism. I expect the redshirt and true freshman to see the field and maybe in start.
I expect our defense to get better and better into the season, because the incoming freshman defensive lineman and freshman linebackers though a very talented group, will have a learning curve as freshman do. First couple of games against UCF and at Boise State could be rough though.

DRTJaDLVoAEtacd.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Of course Palatine is still hitched to the wagon of one of the few quarterbacks in the country who provided a worse option than Whitmer.
Of course, I was never "HITCHED" to any QB. Produce or give the next man up a chance.

Sorry it went over your head.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Of course, I was never "HITCHED" to any QB. Produce or give the next man up a chance.

Sorry it went over your head.

What happens when the “next man up”’s production is even worse? Why is it you never answer that?

Reaction Score
I was thinking about the first quarter against USF today.

I hope Diaco gives him a shot on Saturday. You want to bring Chandler back for SMU that is fine with me - but I think I'd like to see Boyle Saturday from the start.

whaler11, Nov 19, 2014 Report Replies
#4 Like

Hey, Whaler. You have been caught.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I hope Diaco gives him a shot on Saturday. You want to bring Chandler back for SMU that is fine with me - but I think I'd like to see Boyle Saturday from the start.

#4 Like

He changed his mind — like everyone else did — after he saw how absolutely terrible Boyle was. He was way worse than Whitmer.

Reaction Score
He changed his mind — like everyone else did — after he saw how absolutely terrible Boyle was. He was way worse than Whitmer.
So did I. But I didn't pretend I never said it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

#4 Like

Hey, Whaler. You have been caught.

That I thought it was ok to use Boyle in a game. That’s some real gotcha journalism you have there.

Reaction Score
Any chance you 2 or 3 can take this scintillating discussion over to the cesspool so we can take this discussion back to the current roster?

Agreed, the Garson weight discussion was or more value.

Reaction Score
Any chance you 2 or 3 can take this scintillating discussion over to the cesspool so we can take this discussion back to the current roster?

Yes I agree with Gioff!! Please start a different thread..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the season of Lent it is always good to confess. After Boyle's first game I thought he looked great. I thought he could be another Matt Ryan. He stood tall in the pocket and could really spin it. We all know how that ended. While I'm at it, I was super excited about the Diaco hire. I stayed on the bandwagon (a proud Diacoholic) longer than any sane person should have or I like to admit. The fake-fake field goal was the final nail in the coffin. The stupidity of that play alone still makes me angry to this day and is the 180 opposite of what a coach should do for their players.
For this year, I still think Crocker and the 3-3-5 will be fine and the incoming freshmen will make a difference on D. We will see.

Reaction Score
In the season of Lent it is always good to confess. After Boyle's first game I thought he looked great. I thought he could be another Matt Ryan. He stood tall in the pocket and could really spin it. We all know how that ended. While I'm at it, I was super excited about the Diaco hire. I stayed on the bandwagon (a proud Diacoholic) longer than any sane person should have or I like to admit. The fake-fake field goal was the final nail in the coffin. The stupidity of that play alone still makes me angry to this day and is the 180 opposite of what a coach should do for their players.
For this year, I still think Crocker and the 3-3-5 will be fine and the incoming freshmen will make a difference on D. We will see.
Boyle was not just a QB in high school at Xavier, and although he was a big reason for Xavier's state championships his sophmore, junior and senior year, he really was not Xavier's go to QB until his senior year. Before that he shared QB duties with Pat D'Amato another great Xavier player. Boyle was great playing tight end in the state playoffs his sophmore year. When I watched him in high school I always thought he was a better receiver or tight end than a QB. He was also an excellent defensive back. Had great hands, rarely dropped anything and had excellent jumping ability. When D'Amato graduated in 2011, Boyle played nothing but QB the next year as a senior. Some parallels between him and Jay Rose as a highly regarded HS quarterback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are four RBs, Hopkins, Mensah & O'Reilly are listed as such. Zavier Scott has been moved to RB but is listed as a WR.

O’Reilly #49 I believe....pay attention to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom