2018 Recruiting: All 3 of our recruits got a bump up; Kisunas in particular | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting: All 3 of our recruits got a bump up; Kisunas in particular

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is 16 games over .500 and his dad hated JC. Also his recruiting at URI mostly mid- lower 200s. Only 1 top 100 and 2 top 200 recruits counting classes 2016-2018 looking at 247

C'mon those numbers are acceptable as long as its not KO, geez methodolgy. But but but.....the league is better than ours so it's harder to win for Coach Hurley.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is 16 games over .500 and his dad hated JC. Also his recruiting at URI mostly mid- lower 200s. Only 1 top 100 and 2 top 200 recruits counting classes 2016-2018 looking at 247
Please stop repeating this lie that Bob Hurley hated Calhoun, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Dan Hurley took over a dumpster fire at URI and turned them around. It's the second program he has turned around. The whole family can coach, it's in their blood.

Your point about recruiting is really strange, what kind of recruiting do you expect at URI?

Reaction Score
@superjohn

Umass has recruited better. What kind of recruits do you expect him to get at UConn if he can't out recruit umass.

Also why would Hurley want to take over a depleted roster/ dumpster fire after Ollie is fired. He can hold out at URI and wait for an big 10, acc, big east job

Reaction Score
@superjohn

Umass has recruited better. What kind of recruits do you expect him to get at UConn if he can't out recruit umass.

Also why would Hurley want to take over a depleted roster/ dumpster fire after Ollie is fired. He can hold out at URI and wait for an big 10, acc, big east job
You ask for a name of a coach. I give you a name, you make up some bogus reasons for why he's no good. You then reverse course and pretend he's too good for Uconn.

We keep messing around, having wasted seasons, and falling further into irrelevancy and you'll get your wish, nobody will want to come here.

Reaction Score
Haven't reversed course. Keep reaching

If Ollie is fired you lose the 2018 recruiting class, jalen and Terry gone and quite possibly AG transfers along with 2 of the current freshman.

Imagine that 2018 roster. It would be like BC 2 years ago or Pitt this year but worse. You think a good coach is going to want to touch that or come in to be the savoir knowing if they fail they will never get another high profile job and in order for them to succeed it will take 3-4 years while the fickle fan base berates you

Yea that's a great situation that attracts all the top coaches

Reaction Score
Danny boy is getting desperate. There is lots of leaks into the Boneyard that he is interested in the UCONN job. Why is that, he hire Tom Moore to be an assistant, Invite Glenn Miller to RI practice and practically told him that he has a job if Danny boy becomes the UCONN coach. The reason Danny Boy is desperate is that this is his final yr that he can get a big time job. His team is at its Zenith last yr and this yr also. After that, he is done. Last yr's team had 4 top 50 players that were Junior or seniors ( Kuran Iverson, Jared Terrell, Stanford Robinson and JC Matthews). He made his first NCAA after 8 yrs as a head coach and that is his peak. This yr, Terrell, Robinson and Matthews are all seniors. The top 5 scorer are seniors and he has no good recruits coming in. Next yr, RI will be in the bottom half of the Atlantic 10 and will stay that way for a few yrs. He is being smart and try to get out of Dodge. He is not a good coach, the top 50s recruits are not going to the NBA. He will destroy the UCONN MBB for a few yrs. Ollie and the new recruits/coach are the answer

Reaction Score
Danny boy is getting desperate. There is lots of leaks into the Boneyard that he is interested in the UCONN job. Why is that, he hire Tom Moore to be an assistant, Invite Glenn Miller to RI practice and practically told him that he has a job if Danny boy becomes the UCONN coach. The reason Danny Boy is desperate is that this is his final yr that he can get a big time job. His team is at its Zenith last yr and this yr also. After that, he is done. Last yr's team had 4 top 50 players that were Junior or seniors ( Kuran Iverson, Jared Terrell, Stanford Robinson and JC Matthews). He made his first NCAA after 8 yrs as a head coach and that is his peak. This yr, Terrell, Robinson and Matthews are all seniors. The top 5 scorer are seniors and he has no good recruits coming in. Next yr, RI will be in the bottom half of the Atlantic 10 and will stay that way for a few yrs. He is being smart and try to get out of Dodge. He is not a good coach, the top 50s recruits are not going to the NBA. He will destroy the UCONN MBB for a few yrs. Ollie and the new recruits/coach are the answer
This is too funny. Methodology goes on about how Dan Hurley can't recruit and his dad hates Calhoun, then changes his argument to Dan Hurley being too good for Uconn. You come along and go on about how Dan Hurley recruits too well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Danny boy is getting desperate. There is lots of leaks into the Boneyard that he is interested in the UCONN job. Why is that, he hire Tom Moore to be an assistant, Invite Glenn Miller to RI practice and practically told him that he has a job if Danny boy becomes the UCONN coach. The reason Danny Boy is desperate is that this is his final yr that he can get a big time job. His team is at its Zenith last yr and this yr also. After that, he is done. Last yr's team had 4 top 50 players that were Junior or seniors ( Kuran Iverson, Jared Terrell, Stanford Robinson and JC Matthews). He made his first NCAA after 8 yrs as a head coach and that is his peak.

Where did you get all that from?

Reaction Score
NEforceUConn with another solid post oh wait probably not sorry.

10, 9, 8, 7..... and so on

Again dude I am the original NEForce not that scum bag BCU fan with NE Football in his title. Thought my original post, tongue in cheek, was maybe amusing

Christ - I may have to change my name because some guy fricken BCU troll mirrors me. Maybe change to Fichy, or Temory

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Christ - I may have to change my name because some guy fricken BCU troll mirrors me. Maybe change to Fichy, or Temory

I don't think either of those will go very well for you.

Now 'Chief12' has some legs though...

Reaction Score
He's been the head coach since 2013.

He won a national championship, where he actually DID develop several players on that team.

The recruiting bump for the NC was supposed to come last year and the year before. It didn't.

The current class have seen UConn struggle for 2 years (2015 and 2016) but the classes prior to that had only seen success.

Your timeline is off.
He won a national championship with players recruited and coached by HC Jim Calhoun for 2 years (important developmental years). At this point, I’ll be convinced once I see some achievement ( i’ll take a sweet 16), with players recruited and coached only by KO.

Reaction Score
UConn became a national name without any big name recruits other than Chris Smith. But they were the right kind of recruits and put in the work it took to make the team a great team. Jake Voskuhl never scored 20 points in a game in high school, college or the NBA but he won a National Championship and played somewhere around ten years in the NBA. Not everybody needs to be a star to have a great team.

Take a look at the YouTube video of Kemba talking about how he realized he needed to improve and how much he learned the summer he spent as one of the opponents on the practice team the US National team played against. He put in the work and pulled together a bunch of freshmen and sophomores to win it all in 2011.

Maybe Gilbert was going to be the next Kemba and maybe we'll never see what he could have been but let's hope for his sake he gets to come back whole and show the leadership the team so badly needs..........even if it's not till next year.

Many have said Enoch was not a complete player and Jackson's father drove him to transfer. Not sure about Durham's issues, but maybe, just maybe, Kevin Ollie was signing the wrong kind of players and UConn was chasing the wrong kind of recruits. Hopefully he's figured that out and is focusing on good basketball players who want to work and win.

Even with Calhoun as coach Andre Drummond had a less than distinguished year at UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn became a national name without any big name recruits other than Chris Smith. But they were the right kind of recruits and put in the work it took to make the team a great team. Jake Voskuhl never scored 20 points in a game in high school, college or the NBA but he won a National Championship and played somewhere around ten years in the NBA. Not everybody needs to be a star to have a great team.

This post failed right out of the gate and then kept accelerating until it went off a cliff and landed in a volcano.

UConn became a national name with all manner of big-name recruits. Chris Smith was about the least of them - Jake Voskuhl was on the court with two McD’s All-Americans and a gaggle of top 30/40 recruits.

The idea that UConn somehow became UConn by recruiting 13 kids with lunch pails and boot straps is just fiction.

Reaction Score

The fact that Methodology "liked" this incoherent mess is quite telling. Nobody with an ounce of objectivity believes any of this.

Reaction Score
Who has said anything negative about these kids in this thread??

There is a quote function. Go ahead and point it out to us please.
All of the people crapping on our recruiting because their rankings aren't higher. Do you have a brain?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The fact that Methodology "liked" this incoherent mess is quite telling. Nobody with an ounce of objectivity believes any of this.

Oh! You don't like it when people take pot-shots on your coach? Irony

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We had a top ten recruiting class in the country last year in the same conference.

Please explain.
UConn brand name, which Ollie is now taking a on.

Reaction Score
Oh! You don't like it when people take pot-shots on your coach? Irony

The post that he "liked" is an absolute mess from a grammatical and content standpoint. To say that Hurley is not a "good coach" is pure fiction. He is 65-35 over the past 3 seasons.

Find one thing that I have ever stated about KO that isn't true. You wont.
That's the key difference.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The post that he "liked" is an absolute mess from a grammatical and content standpoint. To say that Hurley is not a "good coach" is pure fiction. He is 65-35 over the past 3 seasons.

Find one thing that I have ever stated about KO that isn't true. You wont.
That's the key difference.

Not up to doing all that research. But I'll keep my eyes open.
Main point is, having a coach one likes ravaged is unpleasant. Some of us get that every day, every thread.

Reaction Score
This is too funny. Methodology goes on about how Dan Hurley can't recruit and his dad hates Calhoun, then changes his argument to Dan Hurley being too good for Uconn. You come along and go on about how Dan Hurley recruits too well.
Hurley's top recruits are all seniors this yr. He has not gotten any top players for past few yrs. He is no longer a good recruiter

Reaction Score
Not up to doing all that research. But I'll keep my eyes open.
Main point is, having a coach one likes ravaged is unpleasant. Some of us get that every day, every thread.
So let me ask you this. I assume that you watched the Arkansas, Columbia and Monmouth games. As you know, we were completely blown out by Arkansas by 35 points. UConn also had to go to overtime against Columbia and Monmouth, despite a huge advantage in terms of talent. You would have to agree that all of that is true.

Given that, how can you possibly conclude that this is a well-coached, well-prepared team? Columbia's record is something like 1- 10 and we had to go to overtime to beat them. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The truth hurts. Just do some research about the current RI basketball team and you will known that this is Hurley's last year of relevance. I guess you are dreaming of a HC Danny Hurley, Assistant Glenn Miller and Tom Moore staff. The leaks about Hurley interested in the UCONN position are probably coming from RI/former UCONN staff that is indirectly dropping Hurley's name here . I am not trying to change your opinion. I am here to make sure other fans are aware of what is actually going on.

Reaction Score
He won a national championship with players recruited and coached by HC Jim Calhoun for 2 years (important developmental years). At this point, I’ll be convinced once I see some achievement ( i’ll take a sweet 16), with players recruited and coached only by KO.

How does this respond to my post? I was writing about the recruiting drop-off.

But, Boatright had one year under Calhoun. Daniels barely played. I think you're revising history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom