2018 College Baseball Polls | The Boneyard

2018 College Baseball Polls

Reaction Score
In the same Baseball America Poll, future UConn opponent St. John's is at 23, and follow AAC member Central Florida is at 24.

Reaction Score
Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Kinda OT question; but how much of a role has Springer played in the positive national (and local) perception of the program?

Reaction Score
Breaking in @ 25

College Baseball Top 25 Tracker (Feb. 19 2018) | BaseballAmerica.com

>>25. Connecticut
Last week 2-1
Overall: 2-1, 0-0 in American (0-0 vs. Top 25)
Weekend series: 0-0 (2-1 in ok tournament)
Results
Atlanta Challenge
Feb. 16: @ Kennesaw State: L 7-3
Feb. 17: @ Georgia State: W 10-1
Feb. 18: @ Georgia Tech: W 9-7 (10)
Upcoming
Feb. 23-25: @ Southeastern Louisiana

The Huskies bounced back from an Opening Day loss with Preseason All-American lefthander Tim Cate on the mound to win their next two games and move into the Top 25 for the first time since the end of the 2011 season. UConn’s strength is in its rotation, but it was its offense that carried it on Opening Weekend with 22 runs. The Huskies’ hitters will face a tough test this weekend when they travel to Southeastern Louisiana, which regularly produces a stern pitching staff.<<

Reaction Score
Here is the NCAA (based on D1Baseball.com poll) - there is a dropdown menu upper left for the other major polls - Baseball America, NCBWA and USA Today:

D1Baseball.com has Houston 24.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
D1Baseball.com has Houston 24. USA Today Coaches Poll has Houston at 22, with Tulane, St. John's, Central Florida, South Florida, Southeastern Louisiana in the receiving votes catagory.

USA Today is preseason...

Reaction Score
Still won’t be a cake-walk this weekend.

For that matter, I can't imagine that there are all that many cakewalk weekends for UConn baseball this season. The cakewalks for UConn are in very short supply.

Reaction Score

>>Burke Lyle (Kennesaw Georgia): I saw UConn lose to to Kennesaw Sate on Friday. What did they do the rest of the weekend to get into the top 25?

Teddy Cahill: Won the next two games, for starters. UConn is a team we talked at length about ranking in the preseason. We opted for St. John’s at the time, but UConn was very close. So they were kind of the first team up. It was a solid weekend for the Huskies. Not particularly groundbreaking, but I thought it was good to see them go on the road and score as many runs as they did. For Northern schools, getting through that first weekend, when you haven’t been outside much is key, and I think the Huskies will be strong on the mound going forward. Tim Cate is going to pitch better than he did Friday. It’s a solid all-around team.<<

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

>>Burke Lyle (Kennesaw Georgia): I saw UConn lose to to Kennesaw Sate on Friday. What did they do the rest of the weekend to get into the top 25?

Teddy Cahill: Won the next two games, for starters. UConn is a team we talked at length about ranking in the preseason. We opted for St. John’s at the time, but UConn was very close. So they were kind of the first team up. It was a solid weekend for the Huskies. Not particularly groundbreaking, but I thought it was good to see them go on the road and score as many runs as they did. For Northern schools, getting through that first weekend, when you haven’t been outside much is key, and I think the Huskies will be strong on the mound going forward. Tim Cate is going to pitch better than he did Friday. It’s a solid all-around team.<<

The salt is real.

Reaction Score
“For Northern schools, getting through that first weekend, when you haven’t been outside much is key, and I think the Huskies will be strong on the mound going forward.”

Sounds familiar.....

Reaction Score
>Kendall Rogers’ Five
Connecticut

Early returns suggest it’s going to be yet another insanely fun year in the American Athletic Conference. The Huskies had a weekend to remember, going 2-1 in Atlanta with wins over Georgia Tech and Georgia State — scoring a combined 19 runs in those two games.

A lot of eyeballs and radar guns were on lefty Tim Cate in the opening game against Kennesaw State, which was a loss for the Huskies. Cate struck out seven, walked two and allowed five runs (four earned) on six hits in 5.2 innings. A scout in attendance said Cate was just OK, which is interesting. Our David Seifert will be on hand at Southeastern Louisiana later this week to see Cate.

In the 10-1 win over Georgia State, another lefty, Mason Feole, tamed the Panthers, striking out seven, walking three and allowing a run and just one hit in seven innings. Meanwhile, five guys in the lineup finished the afternoon with two hits, including Anthony Prato, who had a double. In the finale against Georgia Tech, Jeff Kersten was terrific out of the bullpen with three scoreless innings, while Isaac Feldstein capped off an outstanding weekend with another multi-hit performance.

After a strong showing in Atlanta, the Huskies get another chance to tally some important road wins with Matt Riser’s Lions on the docket this weekend.<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom