2018 Coach Chill expectations

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I think our new coach is making the right impact if he lands ________
for our 18 class.

pj

Reaction Score
No one recruit is critical. What is critical is that the recruiting process be organized, the marketing and sales pitches be optimized, and the reality in Storrs match the message, so that whatever is promised is delivered. If Chill can help get all that in order, and start filling the pipeline, that will be a terrific accomplishment. KO is the closer.

Reaction Score
You guys need a life! Really ..this is what you really want to do..why dont we get another boneyarders lock on wether he will be fired and get someone else to tell us they have it from an inside source....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lets let the guy get planted and start spreading his wings
The guy is a proven recruiter - if he can get 4 and 5 star kids to play at Washington - he will bring some here
If not, he was a bust, he's gone and onto the next
I have extremely high expectations that he will open some eyes

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Lets let the guy get planted and start spreading his wings
The guy is a proven recruiter - if he can get 4 and 5 star kids to play at Washington - he will bring some here
If not, he was a bust, he's gone and onto the next
I have extremely high expectations that he will open some eyes
I hope you're right. Ollie can't survive this without success from this guy.

Reaction Score
No one recruit is critical. What is critical is that the recruiting process be organized, the marketing and sales pitches be optimized, and the reality in Storrs match the message, so that whatever is promised is delivered. If Chill can help get all that in order, and start filling the pipeline, that will be a terrific accomplishment. KO is the closer.
What's even more critical is that we get the right chemistry from coaching on down to the walk ons... We need EVERYBODY on the same page, willing and able to maximize their role... No 'me first'... Understand what UConn Basketball is all about, play your role, do your best, remain humble in the process... We'll win another Nat'l Championship sooner rather than later folks... Mark my words... We "Shocked the World" 2 out of the 4 that we've one... Let's make it 3 out of 5....

pj

Reaction Score
What's even more critical is that we get the right chemistry from coaching on down to the walk ons... We need EVERYBODY on the same page, willing and able to maximize their role... No 'me first'... Understand what UConn Basketball is all about, play your role, do your best, remain humble in the process... We'll win another Nat'l Championship sooner rather than later folks... Mark my words... We "Shocked the World" 2 out of the 4 that we've one... Let's make it 3 out of 5....

Preach brother!

Reaction Score
To be honest, Im not really phased by this hire, not because I dont think he will be a good coach or recruiter, but I just think his presence on the staff is being exaggerated. Assistant coaches have passed through here under Calhoun (Howie, Hobbs, Leitao, Tom Moore) and things stayed the course for the most part. Assistants have come and gone for Coach K, Calipari, Pitino, and those programs have always recruited at a high leve.

I gues what im trying to say is I think everything begins and ends with the head coach. I understand its important to surround yourself with a staff that can recruit, but ultimately it will be up to Kevin Ollie to turn this program around.

Reaction Score
It's hard to call what we need for next year without this year's being done. But unless we somehow get Waters and the Italian, give me Jalen Carey. And regardless give me Shittu and Brazdeikis. That's the dream, I suppose time will tell.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hope you're right. Ollie can't survive this without success from this guy.
The guy is important - but not THAT important that is means survival
But I get what you are trying to imply

Reaction Score
We need a top 15 kid.. top 15 class is not good enough

I don't have any faith in the staff to get a top 15 kid. We need 50-100 ranked kids that will stay multiple years.

Reaction Score

Eh...I disagree with this. We've had plenty of very successful UConn classes without a top 15 kid. In fact, I think we've only had a handful of top 15 kids ever.

We'll probably have 4-5 scholarships. Would be very happy with 2 top 50 kids (ideally one of these being top 25) and 2 top 100 kids.

Reaction Score
It depends where in the top 15 we are and who that class consist of. A class headlined by say jalen carey, and brazdeikis with 2 or 3 more 4 stars is a very good class. Getting a shittu or reddish is like the cherry on top

pj

Reaction Score

4 top 15 classes in a row makes a top 5 or so team. That's the recipe JC used before he became able to get top 15 kids. Sometimes you have to bootstrap yourself upward. KO is in that position.

pj

Reaction Score
Wishcasting.

I'll just observe for results. Lots of players out there. As Herb Brooks/Kurt Russell said in Miracle, "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm looking for the right ones."

I think this is what KO is looking for too. He's already pulled off a Herb Brooks once, if he can get the right guys in why not a second time?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think this is what KO is looking for too. He's already pulled off a Herb Brooks once, if he can get the right guys in why not a second time?
That's what everybody who kept hiring Herb Brooks kept asking themselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom