2018 AAC MSOC Tourney | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 AAC MSOC Tourney

Reaction Score
Classic Ray Reid.

Game on the line.

Always give up the BIG goal.

Charlotte in 2011. Creighton in 2012. Numerous Big East titles lost in similar fashion.

This UConn D and goalie are GOOFY. No attention to detail. So many breakdowns this year.

Reaction Score
Said to myself at halftime that UConn would need to score another goal to win. I knew UCF would score at least 2 in the 2nd half. So predictable.

Reaction Score
This UConn D and goalie are GOOFY. No attention to detail. So many breakdowns this year.

Oddly enough, this is the backup goalkeeper. Reid made the switch at the beginning of the tournament. Strange time to make a goalkeeper switch after going with Aviza in net virtually the whole season.

Overtime.

Reaction Score
Going into a defensive posture to try to protect leads just doesn't work for this team.

It hasnt worked for Reid in 10 years yet he keeps doing it. Would have choked in PKs anyway.

Reaction Score
Argh! A 2 to 0 lead in college soccer is not secure. No coach should take their foot off the throttle until the game is over or its getting embarrassing, call it a 6 goal lead.

Almost identical to a HS State Sectional final I just got back from freezing my bits off at. Up 2 goals just 20 minutes into the game and take a nap to start the next half. 15 minutes into the second half, game tied 2-2. Go back-up 3-2 off of a great set-piece and then fall back asleep. Get tied 3-3 with 5 minutes left on a very questionable PK call. Go in Sudden Death OT, poor clear off a corner, golden goal into the back of the net, 4-3 loss, season over.

Reaction Score
This is the most fitting ending. Microcosm of the recent seasons and Reid's time in Storrs overall. Think we'll still make the NCAA but don't love our chances to win Round 1.

Reaction Score
Let's just take some time to appreciate the amount of fail in the last 10 days to get to this result.

1. Lost to both SMU and Tulsa to give up a chance to host the tournament on their field

2. Blew a 2-0 lead in regulation

3. Allowed a corner kick goal at the buzzer of Double OT.

Reaction Score
I watched back the last part of the 2nd half and OT's because UConn soccer has become my annual sadistic way to torture myself.

1. Yes they played on Tuesday. But they always run out of gas in the 2nd halves and OT's. They were dominated by UCF and were holding on for dear life. Either they don't recruit enough depth or are not as well conditioned but it seems it always happens which is why Reid hates playing 2 games in 3 days. Well Ray, do something about it.

2. The player who scored the winning goal only was on because his teammate went down with cramps in the 2nd OT. More evidence the program is cursed.

3 . 2 seperate UConn players stopped the clock in the final minute by fouling needlessly. Including on the winning kick with 16 secs left. They gave them a free kick for no reason when they should have been just playing for PK's. That's a Ray Reid team in a closing moments of a big game. Not doing the little stuff. Kick the ball out of bounds. Kick it down the field. Kill time. Get to PK's. They couldnt do it. They fouled. And gave them a free kick with 16 secs left and lost. That's a Ray Reid team for you. That's why their hearts get ripped out every year. Little things. Smart things. Go back and watch the final minute in on the AAC youtube channel and see for yourself.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
I watched back the last part of the 2nd half and OT's because UConn soccer has become my annual sadistic way to torture myself.

1. Yes they played on Tuesday. But they always run out of gas in the 2nd halves and OT's. They were dominated by UCF and were holding on for dear life. Either they don't recruit enough depth or are not as well conditioned but it seems it always happens which is why Reid hates playing 2 games in 3 days. Well Ray, do something about it.

2. The player who scored the winning goal only was on because his teammate went down with cramps in the 2nd OT. More evidence the program is cursed.

3 . 2 seperate UConn players stopped the clock in the final minute by fouling needlessly. Including on the winning kick with 16 secs left. They gave them a free kick for no reason when they should have been just playing for PK's. That's a Ray Reid team in a closing moments of a big game. Not doing the little stuff. Kick the ball out of bounds. Kick it down the field. Kill time. Get to PK's. They couldnt do it. They fouled. And gave them a free kick with 16 secs left and lost. That's a Ray Reid team for you. That's why their hearts get ripped out every year. Little things. Smart things. Go back and watch the final minute in on the AAC youtube channel and see for yourself.
They are deep but Reid is too stuburn to use them, like senior Burges who started every game last year and did great. Now never sees the field

Reaction Score
I still can't believe the stupidity after watching it.

#19 lost UConn the game.

Reaction Score
They are deep but Reid is too stuburn to use them, like senior Burges who started every game last year and did great. Now never sees the field

Very true. the yearly pattern I've seen is that Reid will substitute some early in the season, but as the season progresses he will use less and less bench players, gradually getting down to possibly two or three subs. It's like he wants to use subs the way they are used in pro soccer, where there are rules limiting the use of the bench. In a setup like that, former starters like Burgess have a tendency to almost totally disappear.

Also at the beginning of the season Reid was talking about how deep this team is, especially the incoming recruiting class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a joke. Hope they miss the tourney.
You hope they miss the tourney?? Who says that? Be as critical as you want, but to hope for them to not get some recognition for what they have been successful at this year is just poor form.

Reaction Score
You hope they miss the tourney?? Who says that? Be as critical as you want, but to hope for them to not get some recognition for what they have been successful at this year is just poor form.

You're right. They have been successful at fluky goals, and as such, should be rewarded with another 5+ seasons with Reid as HC...

Reaction Score
They are 22 in the RPI.....RR aside....I hardly think Abdou's goals are "fluky"...but that's your opinion. Don't the players deserve a shot at the tournament? it's a rhetorical question.....since you clearly don't think they do. They last thing these guys need is more negativity piled on them from the "fans". They'll make the tournament.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
What a joke. Hope they miss the tourney.
I've got to agree with Scuba. Why would a fan root against their team making a post season tournament, regardless of how they got there? Odd comment from a Husky fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom