2018-2019 first bracketology | The Boneyard

2018-2019 first bracketology

Reaction Score
Link

My first thought as I have to run out the door is "whoa... SC an 8 seed in UConn's regional? interesting"

I'm sure there are other interesting pieces that I'll check out when I get home!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aack, projecting another Louisville-Baylor showdown. Holy grudge matches, Batman. But, hey, if it does come to pass it might take the spotlight off UConn-ND for a while

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cute. Arizona St (Eckmark) vs UCONN in Albany. :D

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I actually wouldn't mind that bracket.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Link

My first thought as I have to run out the door is "whoa... SC an 8 seed in UConn's regional? interesting"

I'm sure there are other interesting pieces that I'll check out when I get home!

Notre Dame/Mississippi State/Stanford would be a brutal regional...very good coaches there. I also hope Oregon State doesn't get stuck in Albany...would love to see them play in a regional where they'd have a realistic shot of making the Final Four.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
SC in another UConn Bracket. Ouuch;)

Reaction Score
Just noticed that both Cal ( Berkeley) and Stanford would be hosting first and second round games. If they played those on different days that would put 6 view able NCAA playoff games within a 35 mile radius. A WCBB junkies dream.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I dont think Louisville will be a #1 seed..... too many potential potholes for them.

Just noticed that both Cal ( Berkeley) and Stanford would be hosting first and second round games. If they played those on different days that would put 6 view able NCAA playoff games within a 35 mile radius. A WCBB junkies dream.

Kinda like when Duke and that other school 8 miles down the road hosted on different days. In 2014 it happened and NC State just missed the cut for hosting by being a 5 seed. Now THAT would have been insane.

Reaction Score
SC, a 8 Seed. that is how much credibility this bracketing has. We should just all ignore it from now on.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
SC, a 8 Seed. that is how much credibility this bracketing has. We should just all ignore it from now on.

Where would you seed them? Kentucky's a 5 and have been much more impressive.

Reaction Score
Where would you seed them? Kentucky's a 5 and have been much more impressive.
I do not know, i just see a unreasonable one and pointed it out. I would work harder if I am paid to work out a bracket. :) To be seeded as an 8 seed in a strongest 1 seed bracket is a weakest 8 seed, which means it ranks below 30.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Have any BYers ever compared this guy's initial bracketing to the actual committee bracket for a given season?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I do not know, i just see a unreasonable one and pointed it out. I would work harder if I am paid to work out a bracket. :) To be seeded as an 8 seed in a strongest 1 seed bracket is a weakest 8 seed, which means it ranks below 30.

He's probably just looking at Massey for now. SC is in the 30's there. Then again Mississippi State is #2 in Massey and he has them as a low 2 seed so maybe not.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Notre Dame/Mississippi State/Stanford would be a brutal regional...very good coaches there. I also hope Oregon State doesn't get stuck in Albany...would love to see them play in a regional where they'd have a realistic shot of making the Final Four.

I never want to see Stanford in the same regional as ND ever again. Get Tara the heck away from us!

Reaction Score
Doing bracketology in early December is like predicting what musical instrument a child will play when they're only a fetus in the first trimester.
Simile of the decade!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

SC is 4 - 4, ranked #22. Baylor rolled them on their home court. Seeded 8th is not unreasonable. You can debate it but SC is no better than a 7 seed right now. If SC falls out of the Top 25, which is possible, an 8 seed would be a gift.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this holds and ND is on the other side of the bracket. Much rather play them in the final game rather than the semi-final. Of course, have to get to the final game...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom